The Colts are a Circus

BlueShoe

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Why? 95% of this teams problems have nothing to do with Ballard 

He is driving the ship. The 2-14 goes on his resume.

He could turn it around in 2018 or maybe he won’t. That is yet to be seen. What we do know is he will soon have a 2-14 record as a GM, and that’s never going to magically disappear. 

21 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

At this point, it is long past official folks. 

I am watching Colts 365 right now and WOW we have fallen. It has never been more clear than tonight, as I watch Marlin play the devil and Sorgi put on his halo. This is terrible to witness. I would post it, but what is the point!

Watching Marlin Jackson (Marlin's got it!!) and Jim Sorgi right now is heartbreaking! No words can describe how bad this show or this team really is. 

EVERYONE LISTEN - For a moment, let's take politics and belief systems out of the equation. Let's not be cynical. Let's just be real with each other. This really HURTS FOR COLTS FANS! IT STINKS! Acknowledge it, Accept it, and Embrace it, so we can all move on, together. There are no excuses! There is no use in arguing about how bad we stink! We just stink, period!

If Andrew doesn't play then we are not winning another game. Accept it so we can all move on together. 

We are about to get destroyed by another bad team, the Cincinnati Bengals. Let's brace for impact. This 2017 ride is not over yet, and it gets worse! We have approximately 9 more games with this incompetent coaching staff, and inadequate team. 

Chris Ballard,;YOU ARE NEXT ON THE HOT SEAT! You better get this fixed real soon. We are an embarrassment!

I agree this team is nothing short of horrible this season is done for sure now. 

1 hour ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Brissett needs to show he can protect the football and not cost the team games. Even though he hasn't been here long, he has thrown 2 picks that lost the game for the Colts. 

I don't really blame Jacoby too much for that one. That was a really good defensive play. Sucked that it happened at a terrible moment.

9 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah, cause we know how great of a GM Grigson was, and how great of a coach Pagano is.

It doesn't matter.

Our record got worse this year than last year. We were 8-8 and now we will finish 2-14. We can blame whatever we want to, but Chris Ballard has to own that record. We have to accept that our team has actually got worse. But that is the problem, right? Too many people would rather make excuses then to just accept the truth!

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

It doesn't matter.

Our record got worse this year than last year. We were 8-8 and now we will finish 2-14. We can blame whatever we want to, but Chris Ballard has to own that record. We have to accept that our team has actually got worse. But that is the problem, right? Too many people would rather make excuses then to just accept the truth!

The truth is that Ballard has very little to do with it. 

Ballard has been here half a season. I have no clue how you've come to the conclusion that hes a problem. Hes not even been here long enough to know.

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

The truth is that Ballard has very little to do with it. 

Ballard has been here half a season. I have no clue how you've come to the conclusion that hes a problem. Hes not even been here long enough to know.

So by your logic, if we finished 13-3 this year then Ballard would have little to do with that too?

Chris Ballard is driving the ship, and he makes the decisions. He succeeds and fails based on the record this team produces. 

4 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

So. Does that change our record in 2017? Does our official record for 2017 have an asterisk beside it?

Luck playing last year doesn't put an asterisk next to the record. Luck not playing this season does mean we should consider that when making a performance analysis. He is the most important player on the team in terms of the number of wins this team gets.

How can you not make the connection between Luck playing/not playing and the number of wins this team has?

The top of this roster has been bad for awhile and that takes time to improve. He made some good moves in his first offseason as GM so let's see what he can do going forward. Have a little patience before putting the guy on the hot seat.

Just now, ar7 said:

Luck playing last year doesn't put an asterisk next to the record. Luck not playing this season does mean we should consider that when making a performance analysis. He is the most important player on the team in terms of the number of wins this team gets.

How can you not make the connection between Luck playing/not playing and the number of wins this team has?

The top of this roster has been bad for awhile and that takes time to improve. He made some good moves in his first offseason as GM so let's see what he can do going forward. Have a little patience before putting the guy on the hot seat.

What do the following number mean to you?

11 5
11 5
11 5
8 8
8 8
49 31
2 14

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

What do the following number mean to you?

11 5
11 5
11 5
8 8
8 8
49 31
2 14

That next year the Colts record won't be 2 - 14

I still stuggle to understand your point.

Are you feeling embarassed?

Are you afraid you may need to remove the word 'proud' from your moto?

I don't get this much drama from my 12 year old daughter.

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

That Andrew Luck won a lot of games, in spite of a bad coach and roster.

We are definitely a better team with Andrew Luck. 

However, if my star worker goes out on FMLA and our team loses productivity then that is on me. I need to make sure our team can withstand any blow, and keep producing at a high level. 

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

We are definitely a better team with Andrew Luck. 

However, if my star worker goes out on FMLA and our team loses productivity then that is on me. I need to make sure our team can withstand any blow, and keep producing at a high level. 

You got that right, Mr. Grigson.

If you'd brought in the right talent over the past few years we wouldn't be in this mess.

That's why we let you go. It's going to take us a few years to get things corrected.

Thanks for nothing.

4 minutes ago, buccolts said:

That next year the Colts record won't be 2 - 14

I still stuggle to understand your point.

Are you feeling embarassed?

Are you afraid you may need to remove the word 'proud' from your moto?

I don't get this much drama from my 12 year old daughter.

We don't know what our record will be next year. Probably be much better, but not a given.

Stop it with the personal attacks. 

1 minute ago, buccolts said:

If you'd brought in the right talent over the past few years we wouldn't be in this mess.

That's why we let you go. It's going to take us a few years to get things corrected.

Thanks for nothing.

I agree but remember that Grigson always tried to hit the HR but rarely did

1 minute ago, buccolts said:

Thanks for nothing.

You're turning this discussion into a personal attack.

I want the record to show that I never personally attacked you, and this is where the conversation was no longer civil. 

Moderators, please make note when you read back though this. 

Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I agree but remember that Grigson always tried to hit the HR but rarely did

Funny how I actually coined that phrase about Grigson. 

I told everyone early-on that he was swinging for the fences with a lot of his picks. How many people do you think I upset with my observations and comments pertaining to Ryan Grigson swinging for the fences? Back then most people on this board were already crowning Grigson as the second-coming. 

9 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

You're turning this discussion into a personal attack.

I want the record to show that I never personally attacked you, and this is where the conversation was no longer civil. 

Moderators, please make note when you read back though this. 

Thanks. 

That wasn't a personal attack.

You asked a 'what if'.

I responded with a make believe.

IMHO, you're being ridiculous. But, that's just my opinion.

Additionally, you keep mentioning that you see what other's don't, regarding how bad the Colts are.

But, no one has agrued that they're playing poorly this year. It's all a matter of how you feel about it.

Thanks for sharing, but I don't share your dispair.

7 minutes ago, buccolts said:

That wasn't a personal attack.

You asked a 'what if'.

I responded with a make believe.

IMHO, you're being ridiculous. But, that's just my opinion.

Additionally, you keep mentioning that you see what other's don't, regarding how bad the Colts are.

But, no one has agrued that they're playing poorly this year. It's all a matter of how you feel about it.

Thanks for sharing, but I don't share your dispair.

Again, you are straying this conversation away from the root, and trying to make it about me. This is not about me. Stop. You are attempting to slander me with personal attacks instead of talking about the Indianapolis Colts. 

As far as the Indianapolis Colts go. We will finish with a 2-14 record (or very close to it). This is a real team in the NFL with real coaches, and real players. That ship is driven by Chris Ballard. The record we finish with will not be attributed to Ryan Grigson, Bill Polian, or Bill Tobin. It will be forever connected to Chris Ballard. 

Does a 2-14 record doom Chris Ballard to become a terrible GM? NOPE! But he will own that record, because it's his record. 

33 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Again, you are straying this conversation away from the root, and trying to make it about me. This is not about me. Stop. You are attempting to slander me with personal attacks instead of talking about the Indianapolis Colts. 

As far as the Indianapolis Colts go. We will finish with a 2-14 record (or very close to it). This is a real team in the NFL with real coaches, and real players. That ship is driven by Chris Ballard. The record we finish with will not be attributed to Ryan Grigson, Bill Polian, or Bill Tobin. It will be forever connected to Chris Ballard. 

Does a 2-14 record doom Chris Ballard to become a terrible GM? NOPE! But he will own that record, because it's his record. 

O.K., but let me ask why does it bother you that Ballard will own this record?

Do you know him personally?

Just now, buccolts said:

O.K., but let me ask why does it bother you that Ballard will own this record?

Do you know him personally?

I have no ill-feelings towards Chris Ballard at all. I hope he succeeds. As a Colts fan, it is in my best interest that he does succeed. 

I just believe it is important for us to call things how they are. When we start making excuses, we lose sight of the truth. 

12 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I have no ill-feelings towards Chris Ballard at all. I hope he succeeds. As a Colts fan, it is in my best interest that he does succeed. 

I just believe it is important for us to call things how they are. When we start making excuses, we lose sight of the truth. 

At the risk of making this about you....... You watched a silly skit last night. For some reason, it made you feel that the whole organization was going down the tubes. THAT was how you started this.

Is that the bases of the rest of us 'seeing things how they are'?

One man's excuses, are another man's reasons. Stop trying to incinuate those who don't see things as you do, to be fools.

Your truth isn't everyone's truth.

Some perhaps, but not everyone's.

We may be generally speaking about the Colts, but we're always talking about how you feel, and how I feel, and how Sally feels, and how Joe feels. It's nearly impossible to tell you why I think you're wrong, and it not be a little about you.

And visa versa.

12 minutes ago, buccolts said:

At the risk of making this about you....... You watched a silly skit last night. For some reason, it made you feel that the whole organization was going down the tubes. THAT was how you started this.

Is that the bases of the rest of us 'seeing things how they are'?

One man's excuses, are another man's reasons. Stop trying to incinuate those who don't see things as you do, to be fools.

Your truth isn't everyone's truth.

Some perhaps, but not everyone's.

We may be generally speaking about the Colts, but we're always talking about how your feel, and how I feel, and how Sally feels, and how Joe feels. It's nearly impossible to tell you why I think you're wrong, and it not be a little about you.

And visa versa.

Marlin Jackson will always be an iconic figure to the Indianapolis Colts. He made the most memorable play in all my 33 plus years as a Colts fan, and there have been some real gems. When Marlin intercepted that ball in the AFC Championship Game, we knew that we were winning the Super Bowl. We still had to show up and play the game in Miami, but we all knew. It was the greatest play in Indianapolis Colts history.

To watch Marlin and Jim put on that skit, was just the epitome of what we've become as a football organization.This football team is in dire straights right now, and I'm not sure everyone truly understands how far this team has fallen. 

Excuses are not good reasons. Excuses allow people to stray away from the hard truths. The Cleveland Browns could make excuses as to why they're not undefeated right now. We can make excuses about anything. Problem with excuses is they are not really measurable. We can measure results though. 

It's painful to watch but our draft pick just keeps getting better and better.  It is what it is, it's like sitting down with the nurse and knowing she is going to stick you with a needle and there's nothing you can do about it.  if you walk away, you are a sissy.  just grin and bear it, suck it up, sack-up and all that.  We are what we are, we knew they were coming.  It's pretty predictable.....Pagano throws at least one ill-advised challenge flag every game, the OC calls at least a half a dozen head scratchers a game, the defense gets completely fooled at least more than twice and gouged putridly every game.  Ok, so I don't think that's a word but I needed to invent one for what we see.  

6 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Marlin Jackson will always be an iconic figure to the Indianapolis Colts. He made the most memorable play in all my 33 plus years as a Colts fan, and there have been some real gems. When Marlin intercepted that ball in the AFC Championship Game, we knew that we were winning the Super Bowl. We still had to show up and play the game in Miami, but we all knew. It was the greatest play in Indianapolis Colts history.

To watch Marlin and Jim put on that skit, was just the epitome of what we've become as a football organization.This football team is in dire straights right now, and I'm not sure everyone truly understands how far this team has fallen. 

Excuses are not good reasons. Excuses allow people to stray away from the hard truths. The Cleveland Browns could make excuses as to why they're not undefeated right now. We can make excuses about anything. Problem with excuses is they are not really measurable. We can measure results though. 

I can't speak for everyone, but it seems you make WAY more out of that skit than most.

Everyone understands things aren't going well, and that we're in a difficult time, as Colts fans, but there are reasons for it. They're not all acceptable, and those are the 'excuses'. But don't pretend that all reasons are excuses. They're not.

7 minutes ago, buccolts said:

I can't speak for everyone, but it seems you make WAY more out of that skit than most.

Everyone understands things aren't going well, and that we're in a difficult time, as Colts fans, but there are reasons for it. They're not all acceptable, and those are the 'excuses'. But don't pretend that all reasons are excuses. They're not.

You're focusing too much on the skit. 

Everything I was thinking and wanting to say did not just come to me as I watched the skit. It was enough to cause a reaction from me though. It's not like I was sitting on all those thoughts. I had been posting about all of that in other threads. 

Bottom line, the Colts are a Circus right now. I have accepted it. 

We will have some opportunities to improve, and the next 6 months will be the most critical decision making of Chris Ballard's professional career. He may never again face a stretch of decisions that will impact his career as much as the next 6 months will. 

12 hours ago, Superman said:

The Colts should win another 2-3 games this year, even without Luck. This 2-14 talk is pretty out there. 

Just thought I would help you with that one lol...but I do agree this team has enough talent that we should pull out a couple more minimum unless this team totally packs it in.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Just thought I would help you with that one lol...but I do agree this team has enough talent that we should pull out a couple more minimum unless this team totally packs it in.

Ummm...

How do you find a couple more wins for us in our schedule? I see none. Maybe we pull off an upset against Tennessee, but I doubt it. Without Luck, I cannot logically find a win for us in the remaining 8 games. 

@ Houston
Pittsburgh
Tennessee
Jacksonville
@Buffalo
Denver
@Baltimore
Houston