Injury reports

csmopar

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I know we had several today go down, just the ones I know of

Simon(missed what his injury was)

Kelly(hamstring)

Hooker(knee)

i know im missing at least 1, who else

Me as I watched our team score no points. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I know we had several today go down, just the ones I know of

Simon(missed what his injury was)

Kelly(hamstring)

Hooker(knee)

i know im missing at least 1, who else

Simon was a shoulder...I think Melvin maybe (concussion).??

5 minutes ago, twfish said:

Wait for real??? Look I get the whole team player feel but let's get a high drafted rookie out there play CB not ST smh..

Gotta love it right?

Let's make an example out of the rookie who never played ST in college.

Let's worry about D not kickoffs.

7 minutes ago, twfish said:

Wait for real??? Look I get the whole team player feel but let's get a high drafted rookie out there play CB not ST smh..

the coaches must have determined that whoever plays that CB spot, also needs to contribute on special teams

we have a number of WRs and running backs that dont contribute, our line backers are not the special teams type except mingo.  it has to be our corners and safetys out there 

imo he didnt look ready for the nfl in the preseason either

10 minutes ago, twfish said:

Yes. I'm 100 percent serious. This was a topic on JMV last week. He played a quote from Pagano from last Monday night when he was asked about Wilson

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

the coaches must have determined that whoever plays that CB spot, also needs to contribute on special teams

we have a number of WRs and running backs that dont contribute, our line backers are not the special teams type except mingo.  it has to be our corners and safetys out there 

imo he didnt look ready for the nfl in the preseason either

Honestly, how bad could he be? I think that's lame. Don't single out one of your better promising rookies.

15 minutes ago, twfish said:

No.   That was one comment, but it wasn't the only comment Chuck made.   The comment has been taken out of context and distorted.  

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Supposed to be better than considering Cards lost Palmer for multiple weeks and Cutler is getting X-rays on broken ribs

I mean I know Cutler gets some fair criticism but I saw Joe Namath said something along the line of “if I could still move like Cutler I’d still be playing”. Remember after tearing ligaments in his knee in the NFC championship game people were blasting his toughness. Guy gets broken ribs and people are still questioning him? He takes some licks and always gets up and continues playing so why do people continue questioning his toughness?

Just now, dgambill said:

I mean I know Cutler gets some fair criticism but I saw Joe Namath said something along the line of “if I could still move like Cutler I’d still be playing”. Remember after tearing ligaments in his knee in the NFC championship game people were blasting his toughness. Guy gets broken ribs and people are still questioning him? He takes some licks and always gets up and continues playing so why do people continue questioning his toughness?

If there is any question from me it is because he is from a rival HS

1 hour ago, life long said:

Odd, was i the only one who noticed kelly went out with a hamstring? It may explain the extra 6 sacks in the 4th.

That doesn’t help but let’s remember when your down almost 30 pts the defense knows you have to throw and will tee off on rushing the passer...gets real hard to pass block when that happens. Plus we run these long developing plays...recipe for disaster.

2 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

Can't play special teams, so he got benched.

I don’t think that is all of it...but Chuck is well known for preferring to play veterens...but if the kid isn’t ready to play he isn’t ready...outside Butler and Davis everyone is young in the secondary. They all need reps.

17 hours ago, csmopar said:

"He doesn't understand his role in special teams" per chuck pagano

Well, that and more...

17 hours ago, Exodus said:

Literally no words

15 hours ago, twfish said:

15 hours ago, IinD said:

Gotta love it right?

Let's make an example out of the rookie who never played ST in college.

Let's worry about D not kickoffs.

If he doesn't start he needs to contribute in other areas.  You only get 46 guys out there each week.

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.   That was one comment, but it wasn't the only comment Chuck made.   The comment has been taken out of context and distorted.  

Yeah, sort of.   ;)

In the NFL, it is almost a rite of passage where many rookies and first-year players are given Special Teams responsibilities they’ve never had before. Even high draft slot skill position players.

It's been a long standing message to rookies that the easiest path to earning a spot on the 53-man roster is performing well on special teams. If you are not a starter, then you had better be a solid ST guy.  Period.  Even the vets know their role on ST's.  They likely went through their install in early training camp. They just have to remember their assignment, and how to execute it, in case a special moment in playoffs/Super Bowl or late in a playoff birth game comes up and they are called on, and not the 'normal' ST group. On Wilson, here is Chuck's brutally honest full statement-

“He’s got to stay healthy and then he’s got to produce,” Pagano said of Wilson. “He went out and played a good game (against Arizona) and got injured and missed time. Now, he’s trying to work his way back. He’s healthy now. He has to have a great week of practice on defense. He has to have a great week of practice on special teams. You’ve got to earn your way every single day and every single week. He’ll have another opportunity.”

But for non starting cornerbacks, well, as Monachino put it ...

"Those guys that aren’t figuring in the top of the depth chart, those guys all have roles on special teams,” defensive coordinator Ted Monachino said. “If they can’t contribute and dominate the way they need to on special teams, then they’ll be inactive. That’s why you bring in all those corners is because it helps you in special teams.  ...   But I will tell you, if they can’t unseat those guys that we’re saying are starters and (you’re) just average at best at special teams, (you’re) not going to be up on game day. We’ve got too many other holes to fill.”

Do people not remember Stephen Morris?  There is more to being a professional and team member than just displaying raw talent or ability. Whatever the deal with Morris was, it has followed him.  The NFL needs QB's bad, and they continue to drop like flies.  Yet, Stephen isn't getting any calls to join another NFL club that I know of. 

And he didn't even have to perform on ST's!  :)

3 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Hooker out for the year.  That block, even though legal, was bull* and should not be legal.  That was a shoulder going directly into an opposing players knee.  How is this not been looked at since they want to protect everyone.

Can you find a GIF of the play? I can't remember why a Jaguar's helmet hit Hooker's leg like that.