Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sexy Rexy Just Said

IndyD4U

And I'm paraphrasing: 

Chuck Pagano needs to take over the defense and make it his. Rex said Chuck is a great defensive mind and doesn't understand why he isn't running the D. Rex didn't even know Ted's name, but said Chuck needed to forget about his buddy, the D coordinator,  and move on. 

Rex has a point and I have often wondered why Pagano wasn't  running this D. Strong statement from a guy that is a great D coordinator, but not a great Head Coach. 

17 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah, but I mean do we know for sure that he doesn't have his hands all over how the defense is ran?

We don't know for sure but yeah, I think it's pretty safe to say he does. I think that's a big reason why he hired Ted, they probably have similar views on how to run the defense and I almost look at them as co-defensive coordinators in a sense.

12 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah, but I mean do we know for sure that he doesn't have his hands all over how the defense is ran?

Unfortunately we don't. All we can do is speculate. It Chuck does have his hands all over this defense, it certainly does not resemble the Chuck Pagano defenses that were seen in Baltimore; granted were lacking the personnel. 

34 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

And I'm paraphrasing: 

Chuck Pagano needs to take over the defense and make it his. Rex said Chuck is a great defensive mind and doesn't understand why he isn't running the D. Rex didn't even know Ted's name, but said Chuck needed to forget about his buddy, the D coordinator,  and move on. 

Rex has a point and I have often wondered why Pagano was running this D. Strong statement from a guy that is a great D coordinator, but not a great Head Coach. 

What does Rex know about the Colts or Chuck Pagano..

Just asking

Chuck has a defense?  What the 2007 North Carolina one?  Or the one that he took over in Baltimore.  He's a defense back coach who was put in charge of the entire D once, for one year in he NFL.  I wouldn't exactly say he "has a defense".  It isn't like he's been a d-coordinator for 15 years, created an identity, a scheme, a history.  

2 hours ago, Roger said:

Rex Grossman is known as Sexy Rexy. Not Rex Ryan.

Yes 

2 hours ago, Roger said:

You sure can. But Grossman was dubbed that name when he played at Florida by Steve Spurrier.  In 2000.

and no 

Rex has been called that since he was in middle school 

13 minutes ago, B~Town said:

Yes 

and no 

Rex has been called that since he was in middle school 

I just checked and Wikipedia says Spurrier gave him the name.

You should correct it if you know otherwise.

Middle School?  Don't seem right.

And YES, the OP can call him whatever he wants. This is America.

1 minute ago, Roger said:

Played with Rex growing up good kid kinda a pretty boy where the nickname came from . 

1 hour ago, Roger said:

Wiki is just people editing it. Mostly correct, but often wrong too, and since people read it on the internet, they accept it as gospel.

Weve got a young secondary and theyll give up plays sometimes but thats to be expected. They are also starting to make plays. Things will eventually tighten up back there. We have some good pieces between Hairston, Wilson, and Hooker. Wont be too long until better play happens.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

They were awful last week and completely collapsed this week with a 10 point lead people have every right to be mad 

Same old CF12 ish. They collapsed for 1 touchdown on a deep throw over two rookies you sensationalist. If Ryan could do better with this group he'd be coaching on somebodies team. Who put that in you where everything you see and report is horrible? Do you have another gear? I shouldn't be surprised.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Same old CF12 ish. They collapsed for 1 touchdown on a deep throw over two rookies you sensationalist. If Ryan could do better with this group he'd be coaching on somebodies team. Who put that in you where everything you see and report is horrible? Do you have another gear? I shouldn't be surprised.

Same rah rah Krunk to blind to see we have been heading for the toilet for like 4 years lmao you never let me down you and your little group of homers 

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Its better than never being impressed on the pretense of high and unrealistic expectations.

I have no high expectations I expect dumb butt chuck to get the damn team ready to play after like 6 seasons yet it's the same the fact you can't see that I mind blowing 

why does it take Pagano and staff soooooooo  freakin' long to assess and prepare ....every year...?  Look at the injuries going into the start of the season.....Look at the fact that for a back up qb they had to make a trade after the end of pre-season.....Horribly unprepared and unfocused team.  Castonzo would not start on most teams..Dude has not heart and even less talent.  Head coach is the guy who should be making calls with regard to personnel that "play" and preparedness.  This falls on Pagano's shoulders and he should have been gone last year, if not the year before that.  Hard to watch the Colts after 40+ years as a fan.  

1 minute ago, rpeay said:

why does it take Pagano and staff soooooooo  freakin' long to assess and prepare ....every year...?  Look at the injuries going into the start of the season.....Look at the fact that for a back up qb they had to make a trade after the end of pre-season.....Horribly unprepared and unfocused team.  Castonzo would not start on most teams..Dude has not heart and even less talent.  Head coach is the guy who should be making calls with regard to personnel that "play" and preparedness.  This falls on Pagano's shoulders and he should have been gone last year, if not the year before that.  Hard to watch the Colts after 40+ years as a fan.  

Well they are one of the worst coaching staffs in the league lol

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You are easily impressed 

I don't know, maybe, but not because I disagree with you.

Just keepin' in real.

Being a realist.

Telling it like it is.

Based on the attitude you express here, your world is simple.

Or maybe you just need to simplify it so you can cope.

Either way, you got yours. I got mine.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Love this!

Bring it, my friend,  BRING IT!!

I had family obligations and couldn't see today's game,  but I love, Love, LOVE your observations!

Keep crushing the Haters!!    

I think this thing is going to look a good deal better if we can get through these rough spots where the QB is missing. Hopefully we dont drop too many games before that happens. Ive liked the run defense so far. Young guys are scrapping out there. Yes they are making mistakes but you can see some of the talent. The guys we saw today are the ones who need to be out there. Hooker, Farley, Wilson, Hairston. Should get Vontae next week.