Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano Press Conference

TKnight24

QB Controversy!!!!!

Starters don't play week 4 of pre-season, finally living up to their words that competition is gonna be here in indy 

Now we can firmly say this was true. This camp was the most competitive camp in the Andrew Luck era 

:scoregood:

5 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

QB Controversy!!!!!

Starters don't play week 4 of pre-season, finally living up to their words that competition is gonna be here in indy 

Now we can firmly say this was true. This camp was the most competitive camp in the Andrew Luck era 

If Tolzien starts preseason game 4 and plays a significant amount of snaps.HMMMMMMM

5 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

QB Controversy!!!!!

I see this as the opposite.  Tolzein starts the game and then Morris comes in again after him.  Just additional snaps for Tolzein, even though this is week 4.

Cut Davis, trade for Haden. We've gotten all that we're going to get out of Vontae, this is (I believe) 3 years in a row that he hasn't even made it out of training camp without some type of "week-to-week" inury that sidelines him for the first month of the regular season. It's a bummer, but he's become a liability at this point, and there are some better options available.

3 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Cut Davis, trade for Haden. We've gotten all that we're going to get out of Vontae, this is (I believe) 3 years in a row that he hasn't even made it out of training camp without some type of "week-to-week" inury that sidelines him for the first month of the regular season. It's a bummer, but he's become a liability at this point, and there are some better options available.

I'd agree but haden sucks too and is much smaller he's been bullied last couple years 

10 minutes ago, will426 said:

Ha I knew Davis would be out with an injury it figures smh swear everytime he makes a small tackle he gets hurt but when he unloads he perfectly fine

Are you seriously complaining that we're "stuck " with Vonte Davis? Really???

Okay, no surgery for Vontae.

I don't put it past him to come back before he's 100% either, he plays hurt a lot, to his credit. But yeah, his time with us is looking like it's possibly coming to an end.

We won't cut him, or I doubt we would, because he'll be useful if and when he comes back. And who knows, maybe he'll be really cheap to bring back after all these injuries.

30 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Joe Haden was pretty awful last year but we may have no choice but to trade for him.

11 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

:scorebad:

10 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

The Colts need Vontae, he's the best CB on the team... Why would they cut him? Might as well try and trade Dorsett for Joe if anything. 

12 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Are you seriously complaining that we're "stuck " with Vonte Davis? Really???

No I'm not complaining that we're "stuck" lol I'm simply noting that he seems to always get nagging injuries almost EVERY season I've said it in many threads that I figured he'd get injured before he even has gotten hurt and what do you know..not happy about it but it does get a bit tiring 

1 minute ago, Smitto said:

The Colts need Vontae, he's the best CB on the team... Why would they cut him? Might as well try and trade Dorsett for Joe if anything. 

Because the 9-10 games we'll get out of him this year, he'll only healthy for about 5 of them, but struggle to cover in the others, and he's making $10mil. If they cut him, they save $9mil. There's no doubt that he's the best corner on the team, no one is debating that, but it doesn't mean much if he can't play.

3 minutes ago, will426 said:

Yeah you're right but if we play zone I'm certain we're going to get eaten alive by all of them somehow 

If we could reshuffle the season around, I'm thinking I'd love to put some of those easier games towards the end of the season, take the medicine now, since we're likely to anyway..

thing with Davis is although he doesn't miss many games he gets those lingering injuries which causes him to struggle vs garbage receivers..so yes he can come back will he be 100% most likely not and that will hinder us..he's still the best corner on the team injured but regardless his injury could prove to be a liability as well 

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Because the 9-10 games we'll get out of him this year, he'll only healthy for about 5 of them, but struggle to cover in the others, and he's making $10mil. If they cut him, they save $9mil. There's no doubt that he's the best corner on the team, no one is debating that, but it doesn't mean much if he can't play.

Like they said he fights through his injuries and has only mist 9 games out of 80... Doesn't sound like 9-10 games to me... Teams barely pick on him. Colts cannot afford to just cut him and get a player whose no better than him.. Especially with the lack of pressure they colts apply the secondary would get ripped to shreds with him gone... Until Wilson and Hooker step up of course. 

1 minute ago, will426 said:

Yeah you're right but if we play zone I'm certain we're going to get eaten alive by all of them somehow 

We manage to make every QB look like the next Brady. How many mediocre QB's have sliced and diced us over the last couple of years, and we aren't looking dramatically improved so far this year.

If Davis is out for more than a few weeks, that is going to be quite a few injuries to carry on the 53. We will be paper thin at some spots.

29 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

You can't cut him if he can't pass a physical, and his salary goes guaranteed on 9/5, so that's not happening. Might as well ride it out, let him get healthy, and hopefully he'll be back within a month or two. 

But we can't re-sign him, IMO. I was already on the fence, and now I'm pretty firmly in 'let him walk' territory. And that's too bad, because he's really good when he's healthy. 

24 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Okay, no surgery for Vontae.

Yet.

Same thing with Ryan Kelly.They wanted to see if he would get better without surgery, and after a couple weeks he went ahead with a procedure. Hopefully Davis doesn't wind up needing surgery, but I don't think anyone has said or can say definitively that he won't need surgery. And that would be disastrous.