Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Season Prediction

AKB

17 hours ago, cpd190 said:

We weren't missing our coach were we!!!!!  Got out coached......again. 

Its pre-season. This is about player analysis not game planning. These are glorified scouting/warm up games.

Fairly sure the Colts won't be concerned with losing this one.

22 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Andrew doesn't play a single game this season.

&

We go 4-12 or 3-13

Did you happen to see the list of players NOT playing Sunday? When I heard Terrell Davis say the Colts are a 3-13 or 4-12 team without Luck because "they haven't done anything to build a team around him" I said to myself, ok, he hasn't done his homework and doesn't know the Oline (starters) have improved, the draft looks to be good and there's a slew of FA on defense that could be improved. With all due respect, when Colts FANS utter this crap, it ticks me off. If it turns out we have to add better players to provide better depth, Ballard will do it. This preseason is as much about assessing depth and giving inexperienced guys playing time than anything else. The backups on the Oline were horrible, maybe Tolzien, Morris and Walker will improve with time to throw. So much bad play we saw can be corrected. As for predictions, who really knows how this season will play out? To me, the arrow is pointing up. Just need to get healthy, correct stupid mistakes, pick up a few players for depth and see where this goes. I know it's hard to be patient but this team could be pretty good this year. It's only mid August relax!

12 hours ago, csmopar said:

Lets address this suck for luck bull crap.

In the 2012 off season, Irsay fired, Caldwell, Chris And Bill Polian, the almost the entire coaching staff, over half the roster, including Peyton Manning, Jeff Saturday, Bracket, Addai, Dallas Clark, Bullit, Garcon, Diem and many many others.

You're telling me that Jim Irsay, sometime in the 2011 season, gave the order for the team to entirely tank the season in order to draft Andrew Luck and then he fired all those that would have been directly responsible for making sure that order happened and somehow, not a single one of them would spill the beans?!  There is no way in hell he could have paid off that many people, most of whom are multi-millionaires, to keep their mouths shut and to tank the entire season.  Its nuts and anyone who believes that notion needs to take their tin foil hat off.

I agree but hey it's fun for people that believe in conspiracy stuff. Our team in 2011 was just Bad.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:59 PM, sreeb2deeni said:

Even with Luck we will lose 2-3 extra games based on coaching alone. I swear Richard Simmons could charge up a team more than Coach Pagano. He seems to be a raw-raw guy, but nobody seems to be inspired by it. 9-7 with Luck playing every game.

Raw-raw guy?  Does that means he goes commando?  

I believe that was the Pittsburgh game? Or maybe I'm wrong about the team...whatever game that was that Peyton Manning showed up at. The team was all about showing Peyton Manning they could upset the Steelers and they beat the living crap out of them all up and down the field...but lost because of Painter. I mean they did a number on them, especially Big Ben, worse than any Jets defense in spite of Sanchez, Bills in spite of whoever that they had that 1 year they were a top defense and went 8-8 or something etc.

• 4 months later...
On 8/13/2017 at 5:47 PM, AustinnKaine said:

It's partially related to today's game and partially not. 

This team without Andrew Luck is a 4-12 team at best. That's what the record is based on.

Honestly, I think we are going to intentionally tank this season. I probably sound insane. But this season will be the second iteration of  "suck for luck". 

Luck will likely have some "setback" when he begins to throw, and sit out the entire season.

All extremely speculative without any facts may it be; it is my prediction. 

Isn't this exactly what happened?

On 8/13/2017 at 6:27 PM, RockThatBlue said:

After watching the QB play today you think we would seriously win 4 games? We would struggle to score against everybody. 4 games is overly optimistic.

we won 4 games.

On 8/13/2017 at 6:32 PM, oldunclemark said:

Obviously we have a lot of improvement to make defensively and it will take time like it did with the O-line last year.

We need to score 25-35 points a game which, with Luck, we are very capable of doing

I think Andrew plays in week 1 and we go 10-6..

he didn't play week 1.

he didnt play all season

and we went 4-12

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

It is what happened....   nice job...

Of course, what we don't know is whether this was done deliberately as you suggested.

I'm not in that camp...   almost never in that camp for the NFL...

It was definitely intentional.

Although that could be argued day and night.

11 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

What did you say?

Actually I was hoping you would be wrong is why I Posted what I Posted. I wasn't making fun of your Post at the time. You were right with your prediction so you nailed it. Much like I nailed Denver winning the SB before the 2015 Season. When I predicted that, many in here thought I was nuts and was calling Manning a noodle arm. So like you have this I will always have that!

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

They didn't tank. They were just a bad team. If the Colts were tanking Pagano would probably still be coach and not have been fired.

yada yada yada. luck could have played this year. they benched him to draft high and fire pagano. IDC what you say tbh.

4 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

It was definitely intentional.

Although that could be argued day and night.

I am all for opinions but there is no evidence to suggest this.

Also, well done on the prediction, you were one of the few who called it right, but was there any basis for your prediction or was it just a feeling/guess? Genuine question.

4 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

luck could have played this year. 

meaningless.  they could throw anyone out there if they wanted to

they kept him on the sidelines to do whats best for his long term health 

nobody in this draft is even worth tanking for

20 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

I am all for opinions but there is no evidence to suggest this.

Also, well done on the prediction, you were one of the few who called it right, but was there any basis for your prediction or was it just a feeling/guess? Genuine question.

Ballard said it without saying it in one of the pressers. 

just go rewatch them. I knew Luck wasn't playing when I posted this.