Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts GM candidates meeting with Pagano

deedub75

50 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

If Ballard isn't leaning that way that will be the exact reason why he wont get this job because irsay loves Pagano and doesn't want him to be fired.

I have been waiting for you to say something that is just not flat out wrong.

Still waiting...

25 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He must cause otherwise he would have been fired along with Grigson.

Or maybe irsay disagrees with your assertion that both pagano and grigson share equal responsibility in the way things have gone.  

44 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He must cause otherwise he would have been fired along with Grigson.

I thought Irsay loved Grigson so much that he wouldn't get rid of him when that was all he had to do for Gruden to be coach?

Now it's Pagano that Irsay loves?

32 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

I thought Irsay loved Grigson so much that he wouldn't get rid of him when that was all he had to do for Gruden to be coach?

Now it's Pagano that Irsay loves?

Yeah, apparently Pagano is the new son Jim never had. 

Oh, and he must have had a relationship with one of the daughters. That's why they're so close now. 

Just a few days ago a lot of people on this forum said that it didn't matter if Pagano stayed or not these guys would jump at the chance of working with Luck . Seems like the lead candidate may have other ideas , Ballard. Why anyone would think a guy is going to run a franchise and be told who is the coach, it's absurd he wouldn't do a double take on that.

21 hours ago, VocableLoki said:

It might be very different with a new FO. Maybe his vision had not been respected before or he has grown as a coach.

For the love of all things Colts, just want a qualified "Leader" and X's and O's coach! One capable of game-planning well, and can adjust throughout a ball game. Wether that's Pagano(hopefully he has grown as a coach)or another option. Just Win Baby!(Sorry Mr. Davis)

14 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't see why this is a big deal. Why wouldn't they meet with Pagano?

Just to play Devil's advocate here....

GMs have authority over coaches and are usually the ones who hire or fire coaches.  This is having an employee meet with his/her potential boss during the hiring process.  One could argue that it doesn't really matter what the employee thinks because the boss will have authority over him/her.  For example, your company is not going to hire a vice president based on what the secretary says.  I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the rhetoric making a big deal out of this, but I think that's why one would argue that they shouldn't meet just yet.

22 hours ago, BR-549 said:

Hello fellas, don't mean to intrude but I have not located an introduction thread so I thought I would do so here.  I joined a couple of weeks ago and have been reading all of your thoughts on the recent activity with the Colts and find your take on the subject(s) interesting.  

I won't go into detail about myself as I put a quick "about me" on my profile page if any or you are so inclined, or if you want to know more about me please feel free to ask.  

I just wanted to say hi and inform you that it is likely you will see me chiming in from time to time going forward.

3 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

Just a few days ago a lot of people on this forum said that it didn't matter if Pagano stayed or not these guys would jump at the chance of working with Luck . Seems like the lead candidate may have other ideas , Ballard. Why anyone would think a guy is going to run a franchise and be told who is the coach, it's absurd he wouldn't do a double take on that.

Has there been any kind of reputable source indicating Pagano is a sticking point?

16 hours ago, buccolts said:

Yeah, apparently Pagano is the new son Jim never had. 

Oh, and he must have had a relationship with one of the daughters. That's why they're so close now. 

Maybe when Irsay hears this he will fire Chuck too....it was like as soon as that rumor about his daughters and Grigson came out he got * and fired him lol. Chuck better squash this one fast!

5 hours ago, VocableLoki said:

Has there been any kind of reputable source indicating Pagano is a sticking point?

No, but it could be. Apparently it wasn't a dealbreaker. Paganos here at least one more year, don't get it, but that's that. No point in discussing it much anymore.  Maybe Ballard will be in the mind of changing up the defensive coaching staff. 

3 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

No, but it could be. Apparently it wasn't a dealbreaker. Paganos here at least one more year, don't get it, but that's that. No point in discussing it much anymore.  Maybe Ballard will be in the mind of changing up the defensive coaching staff. 

Toub as new dc.

19 hours ago, JColts72 said:

Toub as new dc.

you were probably being facetious (at least I hope) but if not...toub has been coaching since 1986 and in that time, he's spent all of 2 years coaching on the defensive side of the ball as a DL coach.  I'd prefer that, if we're going to replace Monachino, that we replace him with someone with a bit more experience than that. :)

On 1/28/2017 at 9:57 AM, jskinnz said:

Wasn't this obvious last week?

Come on jskinnz, we all know you can't believe what Irsay says.

There were rumors he talked to Gruden about a coaching job.  Irsay says it didn't happen, Gruden says it didn't happen but because thre was a rumor many people believe it did happen.

There were rumors that Irsay talked with Manning about a GM job.  Irsay says it didn't happen but there was a rumor many people believe it did happen.

There were rumors were a new GM would want to bring in his own HC and that no GM would take the job under such conditions.  Irsay said Pagano was going to be the Colts coach in 2017 but since there was a rumor then many people believe it would happen.

Obviously, Irsay never means what he says.