Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

At least Colts fans can relax now

Dingus McGirt

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

Hell if we fire Grigson and Pagano I'll see this season as a success!!!!

I would incredibly surprised if Irsay retains both at this point, especially with the fanbase's outcry.  The main success was not somehow falling into a playoff spot in this awful division.  Had the Colts made it, there is a good chance their jobs would be safe. 

Just now, Corndog said:

I would incredibly surprised if Irsay retains both at this point, especially with the fanbase's outcry.  The main success was not somehow falling into a playoff spot in this awful division.  Had the Colts made it, there is a good chance their jobs would be safe. 

I really hope you are right but I'm afraid he is gonna keep the *s :facepalm:

38 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I really hope you are right but I'm afraid he is gonna keep the *s :facepalm:

If he keeps the status quo, it's because one he doesn't want to spend the money to buy them out/bring in new coaches and doesn't want to accept the fact that a new system needs to be in place, meaning a lot of the team needs rebuilt.  Basically for him, retaining Grigson/Pagano is easier, but this team is going nowhere with them in charge. 

At the same time, I think the money spent will even out.  If both are retained, I see people dropping their season tickets and attendance declining. 

Just now, Corndog said:

If he keeps the status quo, it's because one he doesn't want to spend the money to buy them out/bring in new coaches and doesn't want to accept the fact that a new system needs to be in place, meaning a lot of the team needs rebuilt.  Basically for him, retaining Grigson/Pagano is easier, but this team is going nowhere with them in charge. 

True they suck 

Why is it Pagano claps his hands s to applaud every time the Colts screw up??? Is he saying, "That's OK fellas, maybe we won't screw up the next time we get the ball !" He does it every time! My question is "when is next time and why not get them this time? I am also sick and tired of Luck saying how they must get better and stop screwing up after their losses.  Maybe Luck can slide in to the Pro Bowl now that Carr is out. Truly something to be proud of Back Door Andy.

22 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Why is it Pagano claps his hands s to applaud every time the Colts screw up??? Is he saying, "That's OK fellas, maybe we won't screw up the next time we get the ball !" He does it every time! My question is "when is next time and why not get them this time? I am also sick and tired of Luck saying how they must get better and stop screwing up after their losses.  Maybe Luck can slide in to the Pro Bowl now that Carr is out. Truly something to be proud of Back Door Andy.

Calm down dude, football is very meaningless. The pro bowl is a joke regardless of how one makes it in. Also I'm positive that Pagano and Luck don't care if you're sick, much like I know that you don't care what they think, and how I don't care what you think about what I think. That's the world dude.

16 minutes ago, corgi said:

Calm down dude, football is very meaningless. The pro bowl is a joke regardless of how one makes it in. Also I'm positive that Pagano and Luck don't care if you're sick, much like I know that you don't care what they think, and how I don't care what you think about what I think. That's the world dude.

I love hearing from people that use the word "dude".

1 hour ago, Corndog said:

Pagano proved that when the season is on the line he folds. Not once, but twice. How an owner could keep this regime is beyond me. I could see an argument be made for grigson but the only thing that pagano has been consistent with, is being unprepared for teams that should be easy for us to be competitive in. I know it's Christmas, but this guy has to go. I get angry because I can call every game pagano coaches. This is too much. And the fan base has been out crying for 2 seasons straight. 

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Pagano and Luck are probably the blandest coach QB combo in the league. They put me to sleep with their cliched & painfully boring press conferences. Luck's self depreciating nature is wearing thin when he continues to make the same mistakes over and over. 

30 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Pagano proved that when the season is on the line he folds. Not once, but twice. How an owner could keep this regime is beyond me. I could see an argument be made for grigson but the only thing that pagano has been consistent with, is being unprepared for teams that should be easy for us to be competitive in. I know it's Christmas, but this guy has to go. I get angry because I can call every game pagano coaches. This is too much. And the fan base has been out crying for 2 seasons straight. 

Yeah the Jags showed up more with the Colts season on the line than the Colts themselves did.  If Irsay continues to support of this tired regime then he is the primary culprit for the Colts' descent into mediocrity. 

Relax? We could potentially be searching for a new GM and HC as early as next week and possibly end up with a top 15 pick in the draft.

This team could be in a short-term rebuild mode and if we at least are in search of a new HC I will for one be excited.

And having a top 15 pick and a chance to draft someone as talented as Dalvin Cook gives me chills.

13 hours ago, corgi said:

MIND BLOWN!!!!!!

:Nuke:

3 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Relax? We could potentially be searching for a new GM and HC as early as next week and possibly end up with a top 15 pick in the draft.

This team could be in a short-term rebuild mode and if we at least are in search of a new HC I will for one be excited.

And having a top 15 pick and a chance to draft someone as talented as Dalvin Cook gives me chills.

I meant 'relax' as far as this abomination of a season goes, Super.   :^)

3 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Exactly.

I'm hoping that Irsay has already gotten a head start with respect to the coaching search/GM search.  There are going to be several vacancies this off-season.  LA is an attractive destination. 

What the Colts have going for them is #12.  Big advantage.

18 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Yeah the Jags showed up more with the Colts season on the line than the Colts themselves did.  If Irsay continues to support of this tired regime then he is the primary culprit for the Colts' descent into mediocrity. 

No. If was the jet lag. You know, the same jet lag that only affects teams that lose......

22 hours ago, King Colt said:

Caldwell did the same thing. The only thing I can think of is that they have no idea what else to do because they have no idea what to do

10 hours ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Caldwell did the same thing. The only thing I can think of is that they have no idea what else to do because they have no idea what to do

I will concur with you FFW. That Pagano is just trying to remain upbeat despite a trying year. I don't think Pagano is dumb. He was smart & savvy enough to get hired, but remain in INDY for say 10 yrs. I just don't see it. 

A lot of fans are just frustrated because it feels like we are regressing division wise almost as fast as we rose from the ashes following the 2011 season. 

True, part of that criticism is unfair since our GM focused on WRs & TEs in early drafts as opposed to say pass rushers & offensive linemen. I just wonder when Pagano got his new deal what Jimmy told him? The clock of success got reset or Jimmy is operating on 1 more season to get the defense in order & generate more possessions for Luck. I have no idea. I wish I knew. 

19 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

If and when the Colts get a new GM/Head Coach, I will definitely be excited.  I just hope the Colts don't screw up and win next week.