Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Props to this Colts forum

Happy2BeHere

I've been coming to this forum for years anytime I wanted to find out the latest news, associate with fellow Colts and NFL fans, and express happiness or frustrations with the Colts and NFL.

So I thought I'd say props...props to the moderators, props to all the forum members, and props to everyone who posts thoughtful and insightful media for many of us to enjoy...and props to the regulars who are always in the discussion mix!

:applause::thmup:

1 hour ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I've been coming to this forum for years anytime I wanted to find out the latest news, associate with fellow Colts and NFL fans, and express happiness or frustrations with the Colts and NFL.

So I thought I'd say props...props to the moderators, props to all the forum members, and props to everyone who posts thoughtful and insightful media for many of us to enjoy...and props to the regulars who are always in the discussion mix!

It's not always lollipops and rainbows in here, but I think we can all agree we'd be pretty bummed without it.

4 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Well I'm not gonna lie, this is literally the cleanest and easiest to navigate forum on the entire internet. Not gonna call out other teams' boards, but some forums are absolutely hideous and a pain to get around haha 

But not this one, and I give props to Nadine and crew for that

on point. honestly, i have yet to see a team forum thats better than ours.

well done folks

Yes, the moderators both past & present; along with the regulars, make this place very addictive & quite entertaining. All newcomers are made to feel welcome too. I was one of those not that long ago myself. 

A wide variety of topics, backgrounds, & humor here as well. I like it because people I've never met in person feel like family here. You know like relatives & friends you actually look forward to seeing & not dreading during the holidays. 

I dont post a lot. Usually only when someone posts something extremely interesting, or if someone says something so off base that I have to ask them to come back to Earth. Any how, I read every night before bed just about everything that was posted that day. I really enjoy this forum.

22 minutes ago, Nadine said:

We all make this place what it is and it is a unique place on the web.  Kind of like a small town I think

Spot on! Like when you wave at someone, even if you don't know them. Or say hello to a stranger, or hold a door. Sorry, smallville's showing lol. :)

18 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

So.....would you say.....you're.....Happy2BeHere?

See what I did there?

I'll show myself out

4 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

So.....would you say.....you're.....Happy2BeHere?

See what I did there?

I'll show myself out

Whenever somebody cracks a joke on here & follows it up with "I'll show myself out," that always brings a smile to my face. Why? Because although it sounds like a criticism at a person's own shortcomings; the joke is really a universal tongue & cheek jest at proclaiming even if the audience wants to throw tomatoes at me...I'll just make the best of a tough room & make myself a BLT sandwich instead. 

Well played 21. Well played. :hat: The best comedians know that even if a joke flops if you take pride in the luke warm cricket reaction people respect that. It's like when George Carlin talked about a cat accidentally bouncing off a screen door. They back up, shake their head, & say with their expression I meant to do that. Let's see you flop with as much class as I did. They own it. You know what that instills? Diehard loyalty among among the masses. 

On 12/21/2016 at 4:20 PM, Happy2BeHere said:

This is without a doubt a great forum.

This is probably the best Football forum in the NFL, I haven't been to many but have checked out the Patriots, Texans, and Broncos Site and this one stays much more busier. Sometimes those Sites go for hours without anyone Posting. I don't care for some of the negativity in here at times but expectations for the team is 11 or 12 wins a year and at least a Good Playoff run. When you have had success like we had with Harbaugh, Peyton, then Luck in his first 3 seasons - .500 ball doesn't cut the mustard! I have been here for nearly 2 years and since I have been here we have been a .500 team = 15-15. So I haven't really been able to talk smack about our team having the upper hand as of yet. Who knows, maybe next season??

On 12/21/2016 at 4:20 PM, Happy2BeHere said:

Really? Sometimes i feel like this is how any thread starts and ends - post are without regard to identity.

OP - Colts/player/FO haas problem/characteristic/success and heres why he/it/they are a(n) asset/liability/nuisance.

Post 1 - Agreement, they are terrible/awesome.

Post 2 - Youre being too harsh/generous.

Post 3 - Youre're extremely pessimistic/optimistic. I dont expect the haters/suckups to understand. Its all unicorns and rainbows/gloom and doom and they cantcsee the forest for the trees. 

Post 4 - but, football stuuf guys.

Post 5 - How dare you stay on topic! Im going to derail and burn this thread to ashes and take you all with me!  

[Thread has achieved critical condition and implosion imminent]

10 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Really? Sometimes i feel like this is how any thread starts and ends - post are without regard to identity.

OP - Colts/player/FO haas problem/characteristic/success and heres why he/it/they are a(n) asset/liability/nuisance.

Post 1 - Agreement, they are terrible/awesome.

Post 2 - Youre being too harsh/generous.

Post 3 - Youre're extremely pessimistic/optimistic. I dont expect the haters/suckups to understand. Its all unicorns and rainbows/gloom and doom and they cantcsee the forest for the trees. 

Post 4 - but, football stuuf guys.

Post 5 - How dare you stay on topic! Im going to derail and burn this thread to ashes and take you all with me!  

[Thread has achieved critical condition and implosion imminent]

Good Christmas Sherry, OPC?

2 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Good Christmas Sherry, OPC?

No, unfortunately.  The wife is preggo so I won't be drinking for the 9 months or so unless I have a DD available (sadness).  

But that post was more about my entertainment than anyone else actually reading it.  All the typos are just because I was on my phone and it was late enough I lost the ability to care about grammar and spelling. lol