Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should we put Andrew on I.R.?

AlanNC

15 minutes ago, Superman said:

What's so frustrating is that this isn't unfixable at all. It's actually pretty easy to fix, IMO. This staff just won't make these basic changes, which bothers me more than any of the personnel issues.

You got it brother!  And you said the KEY words "This staff".  They aint goin anywhere this season.  As for next?  We can only hope.

2 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I sort of agree.  We're not mathematically out of it, but c'mon, we need a miracle to happen and really if you are relying on others to lose and you're in possibly the worst division in football, you don't belong anyway.  It's not like we're in the AFC West and we are 9-4 and another team is just killing it at 10-2.  we're under friggin .500 and in the worst division there is!

Shut him down, get his friggin shoulder fixed, and start over with new management next year and hope for a great draft and "grand opening" for the new business.

i agree

1 hour ago, AZColt11 said:

I think you misunderstood.  I said *IF* he were to be injured, such as in a game that had no relevant meaning to 2016's playoff chances.  Not that he was injured now, although I think there is some jury still out on that shoulder.  I'm talking about if he were to sustain a significant injury that would cause him to miss time into the 2017 season.  Again, hypothetical, but certainly has as much chance to happen as this team does to make the playoffs in 2016!

If, i get it. We could do hypos all day, but he may not get injured. You play games to win. If you dont, put all your core players on IR, and that makes no sense whatsoever. it wont happen and it shouldnt.

Once their statistically eliminated from the playoffs then yes. While we've been eliminated from the wildcard awhile ago, there's still a shot at the division. 

What I don't want to see is them being eliminated from the playoffs completely and then playing hardcore just to try and go 8-8 so they can say they didn't have a losing season. If I'm not mistaken the Texans season sweep of us means that 1 more Texans win and 1 more Colts loss eliminates us because even if we tied at 8-8 with the Texans, they have the H2H tiebreaker over us. That scenario doesn't guarantee the division for the Texans since Tennessee could win out, but we'd be eliminated regardless. So who knows, next week could decide the fate of the Colts.

But I doubt they'd deactivate him. We saw how they played their hearts out last year to go 8-8 although the players probably thought it could be Pagano's last game. But with how keen Pags and Grigson are to mention that they technically didn't have a losing season in 2015, don't be shocked to see him start the rest of the season as they fight to get that "non-losing" record.

4 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I sort of agree.  We're not mathematically out of it, but c'mon, we need a miracle to happen and really if you are relying on others to lose and you're in possibly the worst division in football, you don't belong anyway.  It's not like we're in the AFC West and we are 9-4 and another team is just killing it at 10-2.  we're under friggin .500 and in the worst division there is!

Shut him down, get his friggin shoulder fixed, and start over with new management next year and hope for a great draft and "grand opening" for the new business.

NFC West & AFC North are worse than the AFC South 

5 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

NFC West & AFC North are worse than the AFC South 

In what world is the AFC North worse then the south? Even with the Browns in it its still better the Browns and Jags are both about even then the steelers and ravens are both better then the Titans and Texans and us and the Bengals prolly are too. the NFC West is also debatable.

4 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I see your points, and I respect them.  I do however propose one scenario for you and how you would feel if it happened?  Say we are eliminated after next week in Minnesota (hypothetical I know but bare with me).  We go to Oakland the next week, Luck is playing, and Mack blows past Reitz and bends Luck like a pretzel.  God forbid, but he takes a significant injury (I would rather not be specific for obvious reasons).  He has to have surgery and may not be ready for the regular season 2017.  Do you feel any differently at that point or still feel the same and whatever happens happens, even in a "meaningless to 2016" game?  If the same thing happened to say Tolzien do you still feel the same?

BTW, I am certainly no more qualified than anybody else here to critique, yet that is what we fans do, right?

I agree with Superman. Fans might want to lay down after no chance but teams/players do not. It's a competitive thing, pride. Plus it's against the rules.

9 hours ago, Moe said:

Was Luck hurt on last play, he seemed very sluggish to get up?

He was just lying on the ground contemplating why he signed a 6 year deal with Pagano and Grigson controlling his fate.... I know he had over 120 million reasons to do it, but still... 

11 hours ago, AlanNC said:

The the shoulder problem we have nothing to gain this year by playing him hurt.  The season is over so I think it would be good to shut him down.  At this point finishing 6-10 will only good thing that could happen after such an disappointing year. I know Irsay will not fire anyone after this season and we can only hope the someone is wise enough to use the draft all for defence.  Notice I didn't call Grigson by name because I know he is not wise.  Let's shut Andrew down.

He is not hurt...

Just for the sake of discussion, why not? 

The Colts coaching staff refuse to put Todman out there when he's clearly the best choice at KR. 

They continue to waltz Josh McNary out there and get rid of a clearly better player in Sio Moore.

This coaching staff plays inferior players over others, but people would only care/notice if Tolzein was in over Luck?

19 hours ago, AlanNC said:

The the shoulder problem we have nothing to gain this year by playing him hurt.  The season is over so I think it would be good to shut him down.  At this point finishing 6-10 will only good thing that could happen after such an disappointing year. I know Irsay will not fire anyone after this season and we can only hope the someone is wise enough to use the draft all for defence.  Notice I didn't call Grigson by name because I know he is not wise.  Let's shut Andrew down.

19 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

What do you mean by get his shoulder fixed?

Do you know something we all don't know? His shoulder is fine. If you're healthy to play and aren't eliminated, you play. End of story

19 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I see your points, and I respect them.  I do however propose one scenario for you and how you would feel if it happened?  Say we are eliminated after next week in Minnesota (hypothetical I know but bare with me).  We go to Oakland the next week, Luck is playing, and Mack blows past Reitz and bends Luck like a pretzel.  God forbid, but he takes a significant injury (I would rather not be specific for obvious reasons).  He has to have surgery and may not be ready for the regular season 2017.  Do you feel any differently at that point or still feel the same and whatever happens happens, even in a "meaningless to 2016" game?  If the same thing happened to say Tolzien do you still feel the same?

BTW, I am certainly no more qualified than anybody else here to critique, yet that is what we fans do, right?

I won't speak for Supe but even if that happened I would feel the Colts did the right thing.  You don't shut it down until the season is over.

Yes you run the risk of injuring a player but that is a risk in any game.

Let me flip around on you (and I apologize if I'm misremembering) but aren't you one of the fans that think Caldwell made a huge mistake in sitting the starters after locking up the #1 seed?  Those games were just as meaningless.

19 minutes ago, Superman said:

Harrison needs to not be on the roster anymore. If a new coach took over, Harrison would be one of the first cuts.

I don't share this view.

All 32 teams share the same view.....      there is simply not enough OL talent to staff 32 teams with 8-10 quality lineman.      So,  there are going to be guys like Jonathan Harrison on every team in the NFL.      He filled in yesterday and I don't think he embarrassed himself.      A season under Philbin and he's not too bad.

Every team in the NFL has at least one guy (maybe more) like Harrison.       That's life in the NFL in 2016....

If he was as bad as people think he is,  I think Philbin would tell Pagano/Grigson to cut him.    But he's still on the team.       Maybe he won't be next year....     but I think he's been an OK back-up this year.

Tom Brady was listed on the Patriots injury report for about two-three seasons straight... I don't remember them shutting him down because he was on it.

Obviously they are and were in a different position than us, but to the same effect, I ask why IR him for something that isn't an issue? If it were a true issue, we would know and they wouldn't risk his health further with us being at this record.

On December 11, 2016 at 6:08 PM, AlanNC said:

Even if we have the smallest 1% chance of making the playoffs I want luck in there... People like you is what's wrong with world...

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't share this view.

All 32 teams share the same view.....      there is simply not enough OL talent to staff 32 teams with 8-10 quality lineman.      So,  there are going to be guys like Jonathan Harrison on every team in the NFL.      He filled in yesterday and I don't think he embarrassed himself.      A season under Philbin and he's not too bad.

Every team in the NFL has at least one guy (maybe more) like Harrison.       That's life in the NFL in 2016....

If he was as bad as people think he is,  I think Philbin would tell Pagano/Grigson to cut him.    But he's still on the team.       Maybe he won't be next year....     but I think he's been an OK back-up this year.

He's our worst lineman. It's a spot that we should be actively trying to upgrade, especially since he has to play given the injuries and Clark's redshirt status. 

Maybe he's better than Blythe, but Blythe is a rookie.

32 minutes ago, Superman said:

He's our worst lineman. It's a spot that we should be actively trying to upgrade, especially since he has to play given the injuries and Clark's redshirt status. 

Maybe he's better than Blythe, but Blythe is a rookie.

As I mentioned,   perhaps he's not on the team next year.      We have an extra pick in the coming draft and the draft for centers and guards is said to be above average....   so, maybe we can find a solid guy in the 4th or 5th round....

Just thinking out loud...

9 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I won't speak for Supe but even if that happened I would feel the Colts did the right thing.  You don't shut it down until the season is over.

Yes you run the risk of injuring a player but that is a risk in any game.

Let me flip around on you (and I apologize if I'm misremembering) but aren't you one of the fans that think Caldwell made a huge mistake in sitting the starters after locking up the #1 seed?  Those games were just as meaningless.

i don't think so, I haven't been posting that long.  There is also an "azcolt" here, perhaps people are confusing us?

Funny you should bring that up though and I'll tell you why.  At that time I did NOT support that decision and was mad as hell.  The difference is we still had a playoff season and momentum to play for and to "keep the ball rolling".  We also had a shot at 19-0, which is a completely different animal altogether.  I could live with the decision if my QB got hurt in that scenario much moreso than I could if he gets hurt when the team is 6-8 and has nothing to play for.  When you are out of it THEN I could see sitting a guy.  I guess we are still technically in the running but if we should lose in Minnesota, and I think we will, then I would consider it.