Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lets talk Tennessee...

RockThatBlue

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me this is the anti-Green Bay game, which should scare the heck out of any Colts fan.  Before the GB game I said the Colts may win it simply because nobody expects it and they seem to play well and surprise when they are under the gun and people are doubting them.  Tennessee?  Quite the opposite.  People will expect it.  they are coming off a great performance in GB.  How will the Colts respond?  Who knows?  But it would not surprise me in the least if they come out slow off the bye and never really get going after reading how great they played in GB.  Not saying Colts won't win, just wouldn't surprise me if they didn't.

Oh trust me the Colts are under the gun. They know they can't have any more divisional losses. We ARE under the gun! This is not a kick back and coast game. That's why I say jump on these boys early. They already have that seed in their minds that they almost never beat Indy so lets make it clear early.

On 11/14/2016 at 10:19 AM, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I hope your right.  A comfortable win would be nicehaha.  Who do you think we beat on our remaining schedule?  I think we beat Tenn, NYJ, Jax, Hou and Minn.  I think we have a shot in the game at Oakland and if the Steelers keep losing that could give us some hope for that game at home.  A 5-2 finish might be enough with the Texans tough remaining schedule. 

I think we need a 6-1 finish. Meaning we have to upset oakland or the steelers

I would hope the crowd will be loud and proud for the Colts.  We need to quit making costly mistakes and those should lessen at home since the crowd noise will not be a factor on offense.

I think our top three WR #'s 13,10 and 15 will have a huge day especially Dorsett, I just have a feeling.

Protect Luck, get stops, no turnovers... Colts Win

10 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

To me this is the anti-Green Bay game, which should scare the heck out of any Colts fan.  Before the GB game I said the Colts may win it simply because nobody expects it and they seem to play well and surprise when they are under the gun and people are doubting them.  Tennessee?  Quite the opposite.  People will expect it.  they are coming off a great performance in GB.  How will the Colts respond?  Who knows?  But it would not surprise me in the least if they come out slow off the bye and never really get going after reading how great they played in GB.  Not saying Colts won't win, just wouldn't surprise me if they didn't.

Colts have no choice but to take them seriously. You don't underestimate a team that dropped 47 the week prior. We would be more likely to underestimate them if they had got blown out the week prior

11 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I know how the Titans are responding.  Coach Mularkey gave the team Tuesday off as a reward.  Monday is a regular off-day.  The entire team on Monday showed up anyway to work out and review tape.  I suspect the facility is full of people today too.

Worried. I am worried.

Mariota has his limitations but their ground game is legit and they have a good line. I've watched a few games of theirs in the last few weeks and they look like a different team than the one we played a while ago.

Demarco Murray and Derrick Henry could make this a rough night.

20 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Tennessee wants to run the football, first & foremost.  As much as I hope to God they elect to put Mariota in the pocket all game long, it ain't happening.  The Colts are more than capable of getting burned by Murray & company even with making stopping the run priority 1.

Isn't the key for any defense to try and not let the other team get into scoring position?  And doesn't every team want to get ahead and force the other to be one-dimensional.  

Not exactly master-level football diagnosis there.

Ouch.

Looking a bit ahead to our next opponent.   This helps a little:

steelers-35.png  Steelers | Cameron Heyward done for the season    Tue Nov 15, 01:40 PM

Pittsburgh Steelers DE Cameron Heyward (pectoral) will miss the rest of the season due to a pectoral injury he suffered during a Week 10 loss to the Dallas Cowboys.

Link to story
Cameron Heyward player page

Also this:

steelers-35.png  Steelers | Sammie Coates has two broken fingers    Tue Nov 15, 12:55 PM

Updating a previous story, Pittsburgh Steelers WR Sammie Coates (fingers) has a broken left ring finger in addition to a broken left index finger.

Footballguys view: Ouch. Long past are the days where you taped it up and got back out there, so we might not see Coates for a few weeks.

Link to story
Sammie Coates player page

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Looking a bit ahead to our next opponent.   This helps a little:

steelers-35.png  Steelers | Cameron Heyward done for the season    Tue Nov 15, 01:40 PM

Pittsburgh Steelers DE Cameron Heyward (pectoral) will miss the rest of the season due to a pectoral injury he suffered during a Week 10 loss to the Dallas Cowboys.

Link to story
Cameron Heyward player page

This is a big one, much bigger than the Coates one.

This would mean we should be able to somewhat control tempo with a run game vs the Steelers who are vulnerable to the run.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This is a big one, much bigger than the Coates one.

This would mean we should be able to somewhat control tempo with a run game vs the Steelers who are vulnerable to the run.

They are supposed to be getting Bud Dupree back this week I think .

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

No way we should have won down there.
This one should be interesting if Mariotta doesn`t forget how to play football, Again.

Hopefully they don't have the REFS in their back pocket like they did in Tennessee. That was the worst officiated game I have seen all season against the Colts and we still won.

On 11/15/2016 at 0:02 PM, UKColt13 said:

Worried. I am worried.

Mariota has his limitations but their ground game is legit and they have a good line. I've watched a few games of theirs in the last few weeks and they look like a different team than the one we played a while ago.

Different team?  More like an evolving team.  But we are hanging some pretty interesting offensive numbers on people in recent weeks.  Not sure it lasts but it has put the league on notice.  And while our secondary is still a big problem, keep an eye out for Kevin Byard, our rookie safety.  He's coming along very fast.

What has me worried?  We come out slow, Mariota comes out inaccurate or turns the football over a few times.  Then we'd be screwed.  Also, Luck has a healthier team around him with all of his primary targets expected to play (unlike the last game where he made do with Hilton and Doyle and still beat us).

Is it just me or did we not beat the Titans in Tennessee like 4 weeks ago? The way people are talking the Titans are this big powerhouse team coming to town and they're going to destroy the Colts lol. The Colts are actually much healthier this time around and the game at home. I'm not saying were guarantee to win this game but I'm sick of the talk about how good the Titans are they beat the Jags and Packers big whoop lol 

2 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

Is it just me or did we not beat the Titans in Tennessee like 4 weeks ago? The way people are talking the Titans are this big powerhouse team coming to town and they're going to destroy the Colts lol. The Colts are actually much healthier this time around and the game at home. I'm not saying were guarantee to win this game but I'm sick of the talk about how good the Titans are they beat the Jags and Packers big whoop lol 

My mind is in the same place as yours bro!  Some of this talk is killing me.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Same here, I am with coltsleafs and Krunk. I honestly think we will win by at least 7 coming off a BYE week. Then again I thought we would beat the Lions, Jags, and Texans.

Who gives a damn!  Stick with your belief on that.  You ain't going to always be right and neither am I.  I don't mind being wrong at all because it's just how I feel about the situation.  I feel the Colts are better than the Titans and I'm sticking with that Jack.   When you look at all the bloopers the Jags and Packers made against those boys you expect the end results that happened.  I just think we have more to work with than the Packers.   Play a good clean game with the penalties and tackle well and it's Finito for the Titans.   Colts win!  That's my story and I'm sticking with it big dawg.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Who gives a damn!  Stick with your belief on that.  You ain't going to always be right and neither am I.  I don't mind being wrong at all because it's just how I feel about the situation.  I feel the Colts are better than the Titans and I'm sticking with that Jack.   When you look at all the bloopers the Jags and Packers made against those boys you expect the end results that happened.  I just think we have more to work with than the Packers.   Play a good clean game with the penalties and tackle well and it's Finito for the Titans.   Colts win!  That's my story and I'm sticking with it big dawg.

Nice Post! Love the enthusiasm. Oh I think we will win Sunday and I am sticking to it as well.

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 1:02 PM, UKColt13 said:

Worried. I am worried.

i concur

Personally.....

I think this is one of the most important games in Luck's very short career.      Perhaps only the AFC Championship is more important than this one.     And certainly in the regular season.

This is a must win game.     This is playoff football in mid-November.    That doesn't happen often.

Luck has to play not just good....    not just very good.....     he has to play great.    Hard to see the Colts winning if he doesn't play great,  though I suppose it's possible....

He has to be better than Mariotta.    The Tennessee ground game is better than the Colts.     Luck has to make up for that difference by being better than Mariotta.       I'd love a game with no picks or fumbles.     Clean offensive football.

Have to find a way to win.    Would love to win comfortably,  but this is a game I'll take a 1 point win if that's the best we can do.      Just as long as at the end of the day,  the Colts have won and have a 5-5 record.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Personally.....

I think this is one of the most important games in Luck's very short career.      Perhaps only the AFC Championship is more important than this one.     And certainly in the regular season.

This is a must win game.     This is playoff football in mid-November.    That doesn't happen often.

Luck has to play not just good....    not just very good.....     he has to play great.    Hard to see the Colts winning if he doesn't play great,  though I suppose it's possible....

He has to be better than Mariotta.    The Tennessee ground game is better than the Colts.     Luck has to make up for that difference by being better than Mariotta.       I'd love a game with no picks or fumbles.     Clean offensive football.

Have to find a way to win.    Would love to win comfortably,  but this is a game I'll take a 1 point win if that's the best we can do.      Just as long as at the end of the day,  the Colts have won and have a 5-5 record.

I think our D will play better than you expect them to play.