Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Am I the only 1 that prefers Chester Rogers over Phil Dorsett?

YourNextGM

Man Philip has disappointed but think about it they don't even know how to scheme Hilton open every game which is why he's only exploding every other game..saw how long it took them to allow Hilton to get more burn over heyward-bey his rookie year? Then Bruce Arians started scheming for him to be open and featured our most explosive wr and what do you know he's scheming his small "Hilton" like receivers in Arizona open its not the recievers anymore it's the playcalling we lack creativity 

Once you try to feature Dorsett and scheme him open  then we'll see results look at the Chiefs they bunched formations ran crossing routes and got major Yac we throw go routes and comeback routes 85% of the time and expect yac...hiltons longest pass this year was off a damn slant which we use say every 3 games once a game smh

31 minutes ago, will426 said:

Man Philip has disappointed but think about it they don't even know how to scheme Hilton open every game which is why he's only exploding every other game..saw how long it took them to allow Hilton to get more burn over heyward-bey his rookie year? Then Bruce Arians started scheming for him to be open and featured our most explosive wr and what do you know he's scheming his small "Hilton" like receivers in Arizona open its not the recievers anymore it's the playcalling we lack creativity 

Arizona is doodoo lol

Carson Palmer is the worst QB in the entire NFL. He's holding that team back. Top to bottom it's the best roster and Palmer is the worst one on the roster at the most important position in football 

Bruce Arians offense isn't looking so hot anymore. 

I prefer the coaches stop using Dorsett as just the guy to stretch the field. I prefer a quick rhythm passing attack. He caught a quick slant against KC and quickly got 15 yards. I prefer more of that. Dorsett 5 catches on 5 targets. Hilton 1 catch on 6 targets. Moncrief 4 catches on 9 targets. I prefer Dorsett getting more targets from Luck. I prefer Luck not forcing the ball to Moncrief last game and too often to Hilton in other games. I prefer our coaches scheming Dorsett open more often than just making Hilton the primary (was obviously Crief vs Chiefs).  You send Dorsett to New England or New Orleans or Pittsburgh and probably a few other teams and I bet you'll see some serious production. I prefer to see that production here.  Now don't get me wrong, I like Rogers too. I don't prefer him over Dorsett unless we're talking on punt returns. I do prefer him over Street though.  

I trust all 4 of our top receivers. I just don't know if I trust our coaches to put them in the best positions to be successful and get the most out of them.  So in closing, I prefer Sean Payton or Josh McDaniels over Pagano/Chud. These are some of my preferences

10 hours ago, will426 said:

Once you try to feature Dorsett and scheme him open  then we'll see results look at the Chiefs they bunched formations ran crossing routes and got major Yac we throw go routes and comeback routes 85% of the time and expect yac...hiltons longest pass this year was off a damn slant which we use say every 3 games once a game smh

YES!!! YOU CALLED IT WE NEVER RUN A SLANT ROUTE IT'S THE MOST EFFECTIVE ROUTE FOR THE SPEEDY RECEIVERS AND THEY DON'T USE IT SMH CHUD DO THIS MORE!!!

11 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Arizona is doodoo lol

Carson Palmer is the worst QB in the entire NFL. He's holding that team back. Top to bottom it's the best roster and Palmer is the worst one on the roster at the most important position in football 

Bruce Arians offense isn't looking so hot anymore. 

I know Arizona is doodoo put luck on that offense and watch it be at top3 at least Bruce knows how to scheme his receivers even tho he also gets his qb killed lol

14 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Well Rogers didn't even play yesterday, and Dorsett caught all 5 passes thrown his direction. So if we're basing it on this game, I'll take Dorsett all day.

Didn't Rogers go on IR already?

nevermind, I was mistaking for Bray going on IR. 

15 hours ago, BProland85 said:

It's too bad Dorsett hasn't shown anything much at all. Could've tried to get a high draft pick in return for him since I too like Rogers. Grigson might have yet another 1st round bust on his hands. 

But a UDFA gem.  But look to criticize nevertheless.

8 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

YES!!! YOU CALLED IT WE NEVER RUN A SLANT ROUTE IT'S THE MOST EFFECTIVE ROUTE FOR THE SPEEDY RECEIVERS AND THEY DON'T USE IT SMH CHUD DO THIS MORE!!!

LOL at the caps lock, but I agree. In general, the route combinations are maddening to me.

They have run a couple slants the past couple of weeks, with pretty good success. Luck missing high on the one to Hilton probably cost the team a big chunk of yardage and a scoring drive.

8 hours ago, will426 said:

All these years of watching Peyton throw that slant and we have all this speed and we don't even attempt to throw some  especially when guys are playing off coverage on us 

Agreed.

A $100 million QB is the one that needs to recognize that the coverage is off and needs to audible to a slant, which PM did often and what earned him his contract.

The guys in the booth don't know for sure that the coverage will be off when they are calling the play.  Nobody knows until the defense lines up.

22 minutes ago, Superman said:

LOL at the caps lock, but I agree. In general, the route combinations are maddening to me.

They have run a couple slants the past couple of weeks, with pretty good success. Luck missing high on the one to Hilton probably cost the team a big chunk of yardage and a scoring drive.

I'd blame luck but over the years we've seen this luck gets hit early in the game and then when he gets good protections he throws it high because he fears being hit again..the only time he doesn't get hit and feel antsy to throw that ball is when we're in hurry up to me I think..

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Agreed.

A $100 million QB is the one that needs to recognize that the coverage is off and needs to audible to a slant, which PM did often and what earned him his contract.

The guys in the booth don't know for sure that the coverage will be off when they are calling the play.  Nobody knows until the defense lines up.

Yeah I agree but I feel like either luck has no control of the offense or he's definitely 100% a yes man do whatever the coaches say and fail rather than do what he thinks is right..remember coaches didn't want him to run so he didn't run for those 1-2 yards we needed in the Broncos game...then they tell him to run more if he has it and now he's running more than ever but not throwing when he can 

1 minute ago, will426 said:

I'd blame luck but over the years we've seen this luck gets hit early in the game and then when he gets good protections he throws it high because he fears being hit again..the only time he doesn't get hit and feel antsy to throw that ball is when we're in hurry up to me I think

Luck throws it high anyway.  He's inconsistently accurate on the medium/short routes.

And I'm beginning to think that he knows it, which is why he often looks downfield.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Luck throws it high anyway.  He's inconsistently accurate on the medium/short routes.

And I'm beginning to think that he knows it, which is why he often looks downfield.

Lol well you're right he throws it high but twice as much after being thrown around plus we only have 1 receiver we know has the height for the 50/50 ball so he needs to bring it down toward the ground 

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Yes it's so frustrating to watch and they don't run a slant all game the corner is playing off 10 yards sometimes and they won't call it. It's like our receivers run long routes nothing else that's why sometimes luck protection breaks down even when the pocket is clean

• Nadine locked this topic