Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"sources" Manning Is Not Progressing/more Than Likely Retire (Merge)

SilentHill

Doesn't everybody realize that things are playing out the way they are so that the movie script, when it comes out, will have some really touching and exciting story lines?

The movie, made about five years from now, will be named MANNING, about Archie and the 3 Manning boys. Archie, hero at Ole Miss, does not work out in the pros, going to a perennially sorry team, the Saints. His dream is his 3 sons will succeed where he did not. Cooper, the oldest is diagnosed with a spinal problem and has to give up his dream playing receiver at Ole Miss catching his brother's passes. Peyton is heart-broken and refuses to go to Ole Miss, choosing Tennessee instead. He achieves greatness, and goes on to further greatness in the pros with the Colts. Eli, the youngest brother is drafted by the Giants and goes on to gradually become an elite qb himself. The Mannings are revered as the first family of football. Peyton and Eli win consecutive Super Bowls. Then Peyton has neck surgeries and has to sit out a year. Everybody predicts his retirement from football. He loses his position with the Colts and a qb is drafted to replace him. In the meantime, brother Eli has won his second Super Bowl to Peyton's one. Everyone says Eli has eclipsed him. Peyton gets well just in time and re-signs with the Colts just before the season starts. He wins the job back from the rookie qb. His first year back he carries his team to and wins the Super Bowl in his hometown of New Orleans, winning MVP of both the NFL and Super Bowl with his heroics. At the end of the game all the Mannings, including Peyton's two year old twins, rush out on the field to hug him and watch him raise the Lombardi, tears of joy streaming down all their faces.

The Miracle Mannings have done it! Two elite qbs, brothers, win consecutive Super Bowls not once, but TWICE!

A major hit song will be written for the movie and Peyton and Eli will play themselves. No one will mind that they are closer to forty than to twenty playing kids right out of college. Peyton will win an academy award and be touted as a future star of action movies.

Is your profession writing childrens books? Pretty good imagination you have there.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't everybody realize that things are playing out the way they are so that the movie script, when it comes out, will have some really touching and exciting story lines?

The movie, made about five years from now, will be named MANNING, about Archie and the 3 Manning boys. Archie, hero at Ole Miss, does not work out in the pros, going to a perennially sorry team, the Saints.

I'd pay to see it. :)

You realize, however, that the Mannings won't be available to participate in the movie in five years - because they'll both be too busy playing football! :cheer:

I hope.

weird thing is, i damaged my ulna nerve, was damaged by impact, and after physio, icing and all that, one day it just came right, made a huge improvement. nerves are weird things. just wish there was a spot for peyton to come back to if hes not ready and irsay doesnt want to take the gamble with the money.

But he may do, he may pay, given that he can still throw the ball, i wouldnt expect peyton to be worse than 2010, he did have the issue then too, otherwise why would he need surgery.

Also irsay may feel comfortable that the clean sweep of coaching staff and the possible new schemes may be enough to turn it around, and be more inclined to take the gamble with peyton.

All right everybody cool down!

No official statement has been made yet. Yes where is smoke, there is fire, but happenings of last weeks' taught me "seeing beliveing".

I'm also anxious, that there were no pictures released showing him when practicing, an noone stated facts about his state. However Kravitz's interview avoided even surfacing this matter (if I remember right).

There are several scenarios ranging from "sraying as colt" to retirement.

As long as he didn't announce his state wasn't prospering and he was retiring for that reason I expect him to play next season as a Colt.

We will hear about his state soon IMO! And we will see, if we would be happy or not.

I did not read the whole thread so I hope that I am not repeating anyone else.

If it is true that a nerve only regenerates at 1 cm per month, then I would not expect Peyton to show much improvement for sometime. That nerve has to be at least 20 to 25 cms long. So if his nerve regenerates at the average rate, then I would have to agree with one of the statements in the Foxsports article that Peyton will not know until next year if he will be able to play again, sad.

If you're going to get rid of Manning and he still wants to play, trade him to highest bidder (Anyone but the jets) and load up on draft picks. Releasing him for nothing and getting nothing in return is crazy, pure and simple. Manning is worth atleast a #1 pick and other picks as well. Mr Irsay, you talk about the colts future. Well Luck, plus the picks for Manning, and our other draft picks this year, should set us up nicely for the future.

If you're going to get rid of Manning and he still wants to play, trade him to highest bidder (Anyone but the jets) and load up on draft picks. Releasing him for nothing and getting nothing in return is crazy, pure and simple. Manning is worth atleast a #1 pick and other picks as well. Mr Irsay, you talk about the colts future. Well Luck, plus the picks for Manning, and our other draft picks this year, should set us up nicely for the future.

Not an option.

just a thought. Could he sit out another year and then come back?

has anyone come back after being out 2 seasons?

You do know what you're saying is basically we're paying 40+ million over 2 years for a man not to play, but still be on the roster.....Think really hard how that sounds...

Here is a possible scenario:

It is March 8th, Manning has zip on his short to medium passes, his long ball is still weak, but indications are that it will be back before the season starts.

What should Jim Irsay do? I think there is a possibility that Irsay will cut Manning, taking the 10.4M cap hit for 2012, then re-sign him for a much more cap forgiving contract for 2 years, while still keeping the cap hit total on Manning at 16M or less for 2012.

This should not cripple our team and it would seem that Manning could be OK with this if he is not fully healthy, but expects to be before the season starts.

I keep hearing all these all or nothing scenarios, but I really believe there are still options available between Irsay and Manning where he is still a Colt, if he can get healthy before the season starts.

It is March 8th, Manning has zip on his short to medium passes, his long ball is still weak, but indications are that it will be back before the season starts.

What should Jim Irsay do? I think there is a possibility that Irsay will cut Manning, taking the 10.4M cap hit for 2012, then re-sign him for a much more cap forgiving contract for 2 years, while still keeping the cap hit total on Manning at 16M or less for 2012.

This should not cripple our team and it would seem that Manning could be OK with this if he is not fully healthy, but expects to be before the season starts.

I keep hearing all these all or nothing scenarios, but I really believe there are still options available between Irsay and Manning where he is still a Colt, if he can get healthy before the season starts.

It is an option, it's just a matter of the two sides seeing it as an option and agreeing to something along those lines.

If he can push back the date for the $28 mil., I have heard conflicting reports on the possibility, then you do not even have to cut him. Just renegotiate the contract down to a much lower number.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826777ca/article/report-nerves-in-mannings-arm-not-healing-fast-enough-to-play?module=HP11_MYNFL

Really Deion really? This guy need to really not talk about the Colts. A man who knows Jim Irsay, played for Jim Irsay, and was probably a friend to Jim Irsay knows a lot more than you. How the heck is he going to tell Marshall otherwise? The man tried to spin Irsay's words on the Thursday night game. He just needs to stop.

You do know what you're saying is basically we're paying 40+ million over 2 years for a man not to play, but still be on the roster.....Think really hard how that sounds...

example of a fan that forgot and never appreciated what Peyton did for us.

Man, I never liked fans like yourself.

Last I checked, Manning has been paid for his prior service. More than anyone else in NFL history.

So why pay for someone to sit the bench for two years? That's bad management.

Last I checked, Manning has been paid for his prior service. More than anyone else in NFL history.

So why pay for someone to sit the bench for two years? That's bad management.

when Brady was out for the year, were there talks of him being cut? being traded? that he is done?

thank you! goodbye!

No one is going to trade for a 36 YO qb coming off 3 neck sugeries under the contract Manning signed when there is no way to know when he will ever play again (if ever)

not going to happen.

If he can push back the date for the $28 mil., I have heard conflicting reports on the possibility, then you do not even have to cut him. Just renegotiate the contract down to a much lower number.

All indications are that is not a possibility.

Your scenario will require Peyton to agree to about a 50% discount on the payments going forward from his existing contract.

Your scenario will require Peyton to agree to about a 50% discount on the payments going forward from his existing contract.

I don't think Peyton has an issue with minimal money. I mean Irsay wanted to give Peyton $25 million a year contract. Peyton wanted the veteran minimum $16 million. I think Tom Condon would be the only one restricting a possible contract decrease.

We heard multiple times it's a health issue. Not money, restructuring is futile in their eyes probably.

I don't think Peyton has an issue with minimal money. I mean Irsay wanted to give Peyton $25 million a year contract. Peyton wanted the veteran minimum $16 million. I think Tom Condon would be the only one restricting a possible contract decrease.

Well, aside from the fact that vetern minimum is not 16 million...

What are you basing this on? I mean when did Peyton suddenly become Robin Hood?

Alright fellow colts fans.

Today i read another article on peytons progression or what nfl docs not even associated with peyton said about his recovery. Another negative twist and spin on the situation. Am i conserned, yes. Always have been. But here is where a person like me differse from other folks. Mark my words, until i happens, he retires, i will hold out some sort of hope that he will come back and play again. Thats just me. I refuse to give up until it is 100% from the 'horses mouth' he states he is done.

But to say folks like me are in denial or are dumb or dont get it.. dont get it.

Its not that at all. Some of us, like myself are holding out some glimmer of hope this amazing qb will make a comeback and play once again in a colts uniform. Its hope. Ya, i get that. Media hype, ect will not stop me and others from hoping he can return.

I am conserned, anyone would be. Till the end happens, i will continue to rally for Manning.

^^ Example of someone talking out of their rear end and have zero idea what they are talking about. First off I do appreciate what Manning has done for this team and state. I never really appreciated ^fool^s like yourself who think they can question the type of fan people are and make it seem like some people aren't fans. You have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to me being a fan. You need to stop while you're behind on saying junk like this.

I can see it now, even if Manning gets on national TV, points directly into the camera and utters the words "Im retireing because of injury". There will be a few posters on this forum that will say that the media hired a Peyton look-a-like and they are just trying to create a story, because the real Peyton will never retire because he's super human and is immortal.

This is what people don't understand about this kind of surgery. Hes not really going to gradually get better. Its as simple as one day he wakes up and his nerves are back. IF and WHEN that happens are the two big factors here. He could wake up tomorrow and his nerves are back. Or it could be September. We just don't know and quite frankly, I don't even think Peyton knows either. Its really pointless for ANYONE to speculate.

I can see it now, even if Manning gets on national TV, points directly into the camera and utters the words "Im retireing because of injury". There will be a few posters on this forum that will say that the media hired a Peyton look-a-like and they are just trying to create a story, because the real Peyton will never retire because he's super human and is immortal.

Finally you admit it.. he is immortal and will play forever.. bout time. ;)

I'm not talking about what he has now. I'm talking about the guidelines for when they were negotiating the contract last off-season.

What they were possibly negotiating last off-season has no bearing on what they have now.

The reality of the situation is the contract they have in effect now.

If a renegotation of this contract is to be made such that the Colts will not suffer unduly due to the cap hit the option bonus represents, Peyton will have to agree to accept about half of the going-forward payments that exist in the current contract.

It is a difference worth about $32MM over the same contractual term.

I'm not talking about what he has now. I'm talking about the guidelines for when they were negotiating the contract last off-season.

He could have signed a league minimum contract for each year

2011 925,000 with it increasing 15k each year.

It was not going to get a QB of his stature under contract. The NFLPA wouldn't be happy, but you don't insult him with that type of an offer.

What they were possibly negotiating last off-season has no bearing on what they have now.

The reality of the situation is the contract they have in effect now.

If a renegotation of this contract is to be made such that the Colts will not suffer unduly due to the cap hit the option bonus represents, Peyton will have to agree to accept about half of the going-forward payments that exist in the current contract.

It is a difference worth about $32MM over the same contractual term.

In my opinion such a renegotiation cannot occur at this point.