Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"sources" Manning Is Not Progressing/more Than Likely Retire (Merge)

SilentHill

Maybe Rob Lowe wasn't far off......

As it stands right now Manning has no ideas or timetable for his return. There have been no medical updates since December 1st and it's obvious that his throwing ability hasn't returned. What is the likelyhood that Manning hangs up the cleats?

I know he doesn't want to, but assuming he's not healed by the start of next season can he go another season off of football and still return? I still think it's rather unlikely that Manning will sign with another team. I think it's the Colts or retirement personally, what does everyone else think?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Rob Lowe wasn't far off......

As it stands right now Manning has no ideas or timetable for his return. There have been no medical updates since December 1st and it's obvious that his throwing ability hasn't returned.

How is it obvious? Have you seen him throw lately?
I know he doesn't want to, but assuming he's not healed by the start of next season can he go another season off of football and still return? I still think it's rather unlikely that Manning will sign with another team. I think it's the Colts or retirement personally, what does everyone else think?

Yes, I'd say if he's not healed he will retire.

Even the neurosurgeon on this board said most of the muscle strength should have returned by 3 months or so and it's been almost twice that long and we are hearing no reports that Manning is even close to 100 percent. I know Manning won't give up on it until it's obvious that there will be no more improvement but I don't think things are looking good just going by NSURG's comments. I don't like it but I do think he is ultimately forced to retire. I also think Irsay knows he can't risk the franchises future by waiting a long time for an answer on Manning. No doctor will be able to say for sure by March 8 that Peyton will make it all the way back.

Even the neurosurgeon on this board said most of the muscle strength should have returned by 3 months or so and it's been almost twice that long and we are hearing no reports that Manning is even close to 100 percent. I know Manning won't give up on it until it's obvious that there will be no more improvement but I don't think things are looking good just going by NSURG's comments. I don't like it but I do think he is ultimately forced to retire. I also think Irsay knows he can't risk the franchises future by waiting a long time for an answer on Manning. No doctor will be able to say for sure by March 8 that Peyton will make it all the way back.

That is just not true, One would expect ot take as long as 18 months for "full" recovery. Anything longer is very dicey.

But PM's nerve can take up to a year and a half for an "full recovery" ...

This is why March 8 is doomsday. PM cannot guarantee health. He is still waiting.

How is it obvious that his throwing ability hasn't returned? As you said there have been no updates so for now this is just your assumption. I do think all signs point to him not being in Indy even if he is healed and if that's the case he will try to play somewhere else.

That is just not true, One would expect ot take as long as 18 months for "full" recovery. Anything longer is very dicey.

But PM's nerve can take up to a year and a half for an "full recovery" ...

This is why March 8 is doomsday. PM cannot guarantee health. He is still waiting.

??? Why would I trust your opinion over a neurosurgeon that is an expert in the field?

Why would his opinion be less qualified than any other doctor just because he's on this message board? Just asking.

I have dealt with one in the past ... call him He told me... a year to a year and a half for "full recovery" of the nerve.

Now this was a knee....

Huber, Columbus, OH he used to do OSU orthapedic surgeries...

I have dealt with one in the past ... call him He told me... a year to a year and a half for "full recovery" of the nerve.

Now this was a knee....

Huber, Columbus, OH he used to do OSU orthapedic surgeries...

Well.....Doctor debates aside.....I don't think the Colts can afford to wait a year to a year and a half on the CHANCE that Manning might be able to play again and handicap the team for that whole time. If they pick up the bonus the cap hits are big not only next year but years after. Unless he's throwing well by March 8 I look for him to be released.

Oh a neurosurgeon on this Message Board... OK..

LOL

Don't be rude. I've read everything NSurg has posted and spoken to him by PM. There is no doubt in my mind that he is legitimate. I'm not sure how anyone following this process on this board for the past few months wouldn't have noticed and appreciated his posts here. You might want to search his content. Bayone is another doctor who has been helpful - but he isn't a neurosurgeon - and neither is Dr Huber in Columbus Ohio. And a knee isn't a neck.

Don't be rude. I've read everything NSurg has posted and spoken to him by PM. There is no doubt in my mind that he is legitimate. I'm not sure how anyone following this process on this board for the past few months wouldn't have noticed and appreciated his posts here. You might want to search his content. Bayone is another doctor who has been helpful - but he isn't a neurosurgeon - and neither is Dr Huber in Columbus Ohio. And a knee isn't a neck.

Yes Sir.....

and Huber is an "orthapedic" (sp) Not Neuro.

MAC .. I will provide u with factx........

I've stayed at Holiday Innn Express'.

Why doesn't anyone listen to me?

Yes Sir.....

and Huber is an "orthapedic" (sp) Not Neuro.

Right, that was part of my point - see above.

And I had the same surgery as Peyton, so I'd previously had numerous in depth conversations with a neurosurgeon (not to mention did endless online research) about the topic. I'd been concerned with permanent nerve damage to my own arm - that was my motivation for having the surgery in the first place. You don't want to wait "too" long. There are plenty of hints to suggest that Peyton did.

Unfortunately my surgeon was a complete :censored:. Nsurg is much more patient as a person, conservative as a doctor, and far more skilled at (and willing to) communicate. I can only wish I had been referred to someone like him back in 2005.

Unfortunately the phrase:

“According to sources who were involved in the Colts’ GM search,

suggests that he talked to one or more of the candidates who didn't get the GM job. Considering the irritating way that Grigson has approached (or not approached rather) the Manning situation, it makes perfect sense.

If Irsay has truly decided to move on regardless of his medical condition, than why all this drama? He should have released him when he made the decision. The only logical reason for putting it off would be the hope that either Peyton would decide to retire or that the medical reports would come back with a poor prognosis - saving him a public relations nightmare.

If Manning goes to another team, it would be interesting if he and Wayne make themselves a package deal.

Well if they do and they want to go to a contender they better be ready to take a massive pay cut to make it happen.

I can see Manning doing it since money isnt really an issue with him and will never be but not sure about Reggie.