Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New offensive line look Sunday?

RockThatBlue

5 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

That pretty much just means that Good is coming back at RG....and that Haeg may stay at RT

Thats what I'm thinking. Castanzo Mewhort and Kelly aren't going to be moved, has to be something with Reitz Good or Haeg being moved around on the right side.

Hopefully....... Castanzo - Mewhort - Kelly - Good - Haeg....

Or maybe....Maybe switch out Good and Haeg. I liked Haeg at RG, but I think he can develop into a pretty good RT too. So either way...

Then we have Reitz back to what he needs to be. A swing tackle, the 6th O-Lineman, etc. Backing up LT, LG, RG, and RT. And at least Blythe has some experience now in case he has to play again. Clark needs to basically take a redshirt year to improve his game, get used to the NFL, and the scheme.

The one thought I had that hasnt been thrown out is AC, Mewhort,  Kelly,  Reitz,  Haeg/Good.  Good has not lived up to his name at RG as of yet, and Reitz,  although not a world beater, has always been better inside, and the prevailing thought was always that terrible center play was a contributing factor to his sometimes subpar games at RG.  

I say put our best five out there at the position they play the best.  Why we keep trying to fit Round pegs in square holes with Reitz and Good is beyond me. 

5 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

The one thought I had that hasnt been thrown out is AC, Mewhort,  Kelly,  Reitz,  Haeg/Good.  Good has not lived up to his name at RG as of yet, and Reitz,  although not a world beater, has always been better inside, and the prevailing thought was always that terrible center play was a contributing factor to his sometimes subpar games at RG.  

I say put our best five out there at the position they play the best.  Why we keep trying to fit Round pegs in square holes with Reitz and Good is beyond me. 

Not sure what the new look will be, but Costanzo, mewhort and Kelly will be in. I think we have to start Haeg at this point either at RG or RT. I personally like Haeg at RG and Good at RT. Probably in the minority there. Both fit better at RG though. Don't trust Reitz at RT, he is what he is, a backup O-Lineman.

Irsay  has a starting OL in mind. I don't think it will be popular nor do I think we see it this week. Who's been hurt all season? The same guy they called the wildcard on the OL. Irsay wants to see Thorton back. He's talking Castonzo Mewhort Kelly and a healthy Thorton and Reitz. 

AMAZING that this team is STILL trying to figure this out 5 wks INTO the season in which Luck already has been sacked a league high and rank near the TOP in qb hits. The Colts are now doing a lot more dinking and dunking which really make those stats stand out even more. The hype surrounding the hire of Joe Philbin as the o-line coach left me puzzled but according to Chuck (his guy) would be the ANSWER (more smoke and mirrors) for evaluating, motivating and coaching up the BEST five this team had to offer on the o-line. At the end of the day the team KEEPS recycling the SAME bad players and this Colt version is on pace to become one of the WORST in Luck's tenure as far as sacks allowed. As the pitiful hc of the Dolphins Philbin's qb Tannehill was CONSISTENTLY under duress ranking near the top in sacks taken and qb hits just like Luck. Outside of Kelly at center how was the line to get better with the SAME cast of subpar lineman? Yeah some of the rookies are starting to see the field now but it's only due to injury.

Funny how Irsay can SEE an o-line lineup he likes BUT is BLIND to the subpar duo known as Grigs and Chuck who is doing this franchise or Luck any favors with their general ineptitude. The ONLY bright side to this sad mess is that these two have LESS than 4 yrs left now..... :facepalm:

9 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Mewhort to RT Haeg to LG. Good RG

I have also wondered if this wasn't a possibility in the change over but why wait until this point in the season to swap your LG over? Did they even try this combo in PS or during training camp?

The logical side of my brain says that it will involve Reitz no longer being a starter and that either Haeg or Good goes to the RT spot.