Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

23 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Tonight';s trade deadline rumor is that the Lakers and Magic Johnson are asking what they'd have to give the Pacers for Paul George....

Paul's from LA....family are Laker fans...makes sense..but I doubt Larry would consider it unless PG told him he wanted to be like LBJ and Dwayne Wade and go 'home'

....Can you imagine Magic Johnson picking up the phone and calling Larry Bird to ask about trading for his best player. Id love to hear the conversation....

lmao I'd love to hear that conversation.  Bird and Magic are actually good buddies.  But they're both extremely competitive.  It'll be fun to see how Bird vs. Magic goes when they're battling in front offices instead of on the court.  If the Lakers give Kobe a call, we should give Reggie Miller a call haha

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, runthepost said:

trade a second rounder and a future second rounder and stucky for  Okafor then trade our first rounder for will Barton in Denver.

I didn't think the 76ers want 2nd round picks..

....They need a vet ..Stuckey would be good for them ..salaries match....they might want Glenn Robinson, too.

Will Barton could help us, you're right

42 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I didn't think the 76ers want 2nd round picks..

....They need a vet ..Stuckey would be good for them ..salaries match....they might want Glenn Robinson, too.

Will Barton could help us, you're right

That would work. Teague Barton George Young (Turner) and Turner (Okafor) would be a nice lineup

I'm a little worried all this talk is getting us excited to get someone decent, but we will end up getting a 7th man for our first round pick. I don't see why we are targeting Okafor or Lopez when Bird has stated he believes Turner is a 5. Allen Crabbe would be a nice pickup to help space the floor. Brandon Knight, Ricky Rubio would both be good 6th man's who we may be able to get without giving up our 1st round pick. 

43 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I'm a little worried all this talk is getting us excited to get someone decent, but we will end up getting a 7th man for our first round pick. I don't see why we are targeting Okafor or Lopez when Bird has stated he believes Turner is a 5. Allen Crabbe would be a nice pickup to help space the floor. Brandon Knight, Ricky Rubio would both be good 6th man's who we may be able to get without giving up our 1st round pick. 

I don't think we get anyone 

It sounds like we are in serious discussions with the Celtics over PG...

The Celtics have held preliminary talks with the Pacers about Paul George.

To be clear, the talks have stalled and won't go anywhere unless the Celtics include their 2017 first-round pick (via Brooklyn). George can hit the open market in 2018 and he does have a lot of reported interest in joining his hometown Lakers, so acquiring him would be a risk for Boston without some type of commitment.

The Celtics have improved their offer for Paul George, but still haven't met Indiana's asking price.

The Celtics are now willing to include their 2017 first-round pick (via Brooklyn) which will likely be a top-3 selection. It sounds like the two teams are in advanced discussions, but Indiana's asking price is understandably very high. We'll have an update shortly.

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Russell is probably not going to be traded and neither is George. 

True but if LA wants him I would take no less then those 2 just one of Ingram or Russell is not enough imo plus that other first espn said to make it work they would have to send those 2 or Randel plus Calderone and the hou 1st just to make the money work 

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

It sounds like we are in serious discussions with the Celtics over PG...

The Celtics have held preliminary talks with the Pacers about Paul George.

To be clear, the talks have stalled and won't go anywhere unless the Celtics include their 2017 first-round pick (via Brooklyn). George can hit the open market in 2018 and he does have a lot of reported interest in joining his hometown Lakers, so acquiring him would be a risk for Boston without some type of commitment.

The Celtics have improved their offer for Paul George, but still haven't met Indiana's asking price.

The Celtics are now willing to include their 2017 first-round pick (via Brooklyn) which will likely be a top-3 selection. It sounds like the two teams are in advanced discussions, but Indiana's asking price is understandably very high. We'll have an update shortly.

I'd take a Celtics trade too but like I said I'm extremely high on getting 2 young studs from LA 

if it were up to me, the #1 one pick this year would go a long ways towards getting him

im in the camp that thinks hes going to leave next year, or that its at least risky enough that i would be willing to trade

we need more than just that pick though, maybe another first or a decent player or two

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Roy Hibbert traded to the nuggets for a second.

Poor Roy, he is being passed around like a hot potato now days! So the Pacers didn't make 1 deal I guess? I thought Larry would add someone to help PG out, that is kind of disappointing. Celtics didn't make any moves either to improve which they needed too. They cant beat the Cavs with the Roster they have.