Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Larry would have to get Ingram and Russell + that pick but if the Lakers would've got PG  they may have finished out of the Top 3. They have to finish in the bottom 3 to keep their pick.

But they wont deal Ingram...they think he'll be great.

What other Lakers would you want?

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm wondering what he wanted them to say.

I'd bet 12 teams called Larry about him....they didn't trade him. What's to discuss

If Boston offered Bradley, Crowder and that first round pick PG would have been a Celtic today. That is just the truth. And these talks are not done yet. 

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

WE can have Randle if we want him...Lakers don't love him

Yeah but their pick isn't theirs to trade so I think we couldn't pull the trigger. The Boston deal was a certain top 4 pick 25% #1....plus young assert in brown or controllable player like crowder. Plus I'd ask for next years nets #1 which who else is worst or expected to be worse than them...so likely another top 4. That's some young studs right there to play next to Myles and retain Teague to run the show. Plus with money freed up that's a max contract to offer a free agent.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Yeah but their pick isn't theirs to trade so I think we couldn't pull the trigger. The Boston deal was a certain top 4 pick 25% #1....plus young assert in brown or controllable player like crowder. Plus I'd ask for next years nets #1 which who else is worst or expected to be worse than them...so likely another top 4. That's some young studs right there to play next to Myles and retain Teague to run the show. Plus with money freed up that's a max contract to offer a free agent.

a free agent better than Paul George.?

See?

If we could've got Boston's Pick + Crowder and Bradley that would've been a great trade IMO. It would've been great for Boston too because they would've had PG for 2 Playoff runs at worse along with Thomas. Crowder and Bradley both are Good + their pick could end up being Ball so I would've been fine with that. Larry is no * so I am sure he wanted at least that much.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

a free agent better than Paul George.?

See?

Of course not....but chances those two top 4 picks turn out as good if not better is pretty appealing. Thing is we aren't good WITH Paul anymore....so it doesn't matter. Who cares we have a star if we can't even get HCA anymore. We may not even make the playoffs....so what does Paul get us?

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ainge didn't want to give up Crowder otherwise that may have happened.

Maybe...he is on a kickass contract and really good piece for that defense. I think Larry asked for Smart, pick, and Crowder and that's why it didn't happen.

Ainge didn't want to give up Crowder otherwise that may have happened.

So you're telling me that Jae Crowder...13 points, 5 boards a night..

That Danny Ainge did not want to give him up to get Paul George....

That Jae Crowder was the difference?

I do not believe that. Do you.?

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Blue..

Larry wasnt going to make that deal...Not for those 2..and those talks are done

Talks are far from over. Wait for near draft time.

And you're so convinced that Larry was just "taking calls". So I guess all the big time beat writers and media know less than you? You're more experienced than them? And you may want to tell PG that Bird was just answering calls because he doesn't seem to think so either.

I did

Great job. I did too. But you're forgetting the fact that you said a few pages back that Larry Bird would NEVER trade Paul George and by today's events you were wrong.

The first round pick was the holdup. We weren't just going to give PG away for nothing when we still have him next year, but a deal could have definitely been made.

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You argued for it...............I argued against it..

Cant get away from that

Your damn right I argued for it only a* would rather watch him walk away for nothing when we could get a ton in return bird better bust his *** this offseason or Paul is GONE 

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

Great job. I did too. But you're forgetting the fact that you said a few pages back that Larry Bird would NEVER trade Paul George and by today's events you were wrong.

The first round pick was the holdup. We weren't just going to give PG away for nothing when we still have him next year, but a deal could have definitely been made.

A deal definety was NOT made.......

..as I said

Why is the doomsday scenario so important to you.

That's not real....If Crowder was the difference,. Ainge should fire himself

No....it was the combination. He wanted to trade Bradley brown and pick....he didn't want to mess up the key players on the team that have them where they are....oh and crowder is on the best contract long term in the NBA....he is a jewel trust me...Bird would have wanted crowder and smart and those guys plus pick is too high condsidering what we keep telling you....PG is likely to go to LA in two years so it wasn't worth the risk in Danny's opinion. That is honestly what I think happened.

Crowder is a Good player actually, a great chemistry player and is PG's age (26).

But he's just a guy.....do you really believe that Jae Crowder, a good player, in the deal kept the Celtics from getting Paul George, one of the 15 best in the NBA?.

Because on the surface, that makes no sense

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No....it was the combination. He wanted to trade Bradley brown and pick....he didn't want to mess up the key players on the team that have them where they are....oh and crowder is on the best contract long term in the NBA....he is a jewel trust me...Bird would have wanted crowder and smart and those guys plus pick is too high condsidering what we keep telling you....PG is likely to go to LA in two years so it wasn't worth the risk in Danny's opinion. That is honestly what I think happened.

Crowder is just a guy....good hard worker....but if you need elite players to win titles...(as you have said)

you cant let Crowder keep you from getting George.

You'd have to agree with that

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

But he's just a guy.....do you really believe that Jae Crowder, a good player, in the deal kept the Celtics from getting Paul George, one of the 15 best in the NBA?.

No but it was the combo of what we wanted, the 1st Round Pick + Bradley or Smart and Crowder. Obviously Crowder for PG would be laughable but it was Crowder and other pieces that stopped the trade. Ainge was trying to keep Crowder out of the equation with all the other pieces involved.

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Your damn right I argued for it only and * would rather watch him walk away for nothing when we could get a ton in return bird better bust his *** this offseason or Paul is GONE 

Why is gutting our team and losing for the forseeable future so important to you?

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Yes...because we all know everything is below the surface. You only see the tip of the iceberg...but Crowders worth is like the massive one that brought down the titanic...everything about him is below the surface....contract...defense...perfect fit....glue guy. Honestly though it was the combo not just one guy. I'm telling you we asked for him and smart and the pick.  Otherwise the deal wiukd have got done. Danny values smart and jae too much because they are key to the rebuild and hoesntlu he thinks PG may opt out and burn him. You are the only one who thinks PG isn't going to LA.