Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Poor Roy, he is being passed around like a hot potato now days! So the Pacers didn't make 1 deal I guess? I thought Larry would add someone to help PG out, that is kind of disappointing. Celtics didn't make any moves either to improve which they needed too. They cant beat the Cavs with the Roster they have.

I am a bit disappointed no moves were made as well. 

Sources say PG is hell bent on going to the Lakers unless the Pacers are a title contender.

Making no moves this year ensures a first round exit this year so either Larry needs to move PG or make sure he gets him major help this summer.

And to think just a few days ago people thought there was NO WAY we'd trade Paul George. I'd say we were in serious discussions.

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

Sources say PG is hell bent on going to the Lakers unless the Pacers are a title contender.

Making no moves this year ensures a first round exit this year so either Larry needs to move PG or make sure he gets him major help this summer.

And to think just a few days ago people thought there was NO WAY we'd trade Paul George. I'd say we were in serious discussions.

Yeah but we still didn't trade him. Had I bet on that I would've won because I did say we wouldn't.

7 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Hmm nothing. No moves???? I just don't get Larry Bird. You make no moves to help your star. He'll most likely leave in free agency and you turn down all trade offers for him? Bird can really be complicated sometimes. 

Maybe Bird makes moves in the offseason to improve the team, PG is still under contract through next season. Patience.

11 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Hmm nothing. No moves???? I just don't get Larry Bird. You make no moves to help your star. He'll most likely leave in free agency and you turn down all trade offers for him? Bird can really be complicated sometimes. 

I'm honestly ready to move on from him.... 

2 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

The latest news I saw was that we were interested in Aaron Afflalo at about 2:45. I thought we'd get him at the last second but apparently not.

Blue,,I don't know what happened to the Okafor deal..

..Phily sent Noel to Dallas in a package inclduing Bogut, who they'll release right?

Instead of getting our No.1 ?

I dont understand.

I was liking the idea of Okafor, Turner and Paul George

58 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

PG wasn't happy that Bird was shopping him

Paul George didn't like #Pacers shopped him when he thought he was their franchise guy ..he was left watching it develop. #WTHR

Who shopped PG?  Cant control teams calling about him...They know he can opt out in 2018

..and Bird has to listen to the offers

I've heard more than once today that Paul wont sign longterm with anybody other than The Pacers or the Lakers.

But who knows. He hasn't said anything publically.

36 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Who shopped PG?  Cant control teams calling about him...They know he can opt out in 2018

..and Bird has to listen to the offers

I've heard more than once today that Paul wont sign longterm with anybody other than The Pacers or the Lakers.

But who knows. He hasn't said anything publically.

They shopped him deal with it everyone here tried to tell you 

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

PG wasn't happy that Bird was shopping him

Paul George didn't like #Pacers shopped him when he thought he was their franchise guy ..he was left watching it develop. #WTHR

George has said himself he won't commit to the team if they aren't contenders, which will understandably make the front office nervous.  It only makes sense for them to shop him (or at least ask around) if he isn't committed to the franchise.  He expects the Pacers to stick by him when he won't commit to them.  If you don't like being shopped around or named in trade rumours, maybe you should say you're 100% committed to the Pacers and not thinking about leaving.

I'm also a little unhappy that we didn't make any moves, but I have confidence in Larry Bird.  He has an aggressive approach and is very competitive.  He will do what needs to be done in time.  If Chris Paul opts out, the Pacers could make an aggressive run to bring him to Indy, and that would improve our team a lot.  Same with Blake Griffin or Kevin Durant (however unlikely that may be).

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Blue,,I don't know what happened to the Okafor deal..

..Phily sent Noel to Dallas in a package inclduing Bogut, who they'll release right?

Instead of getting our No.1 ?

I dont understand.

I was liking the idea of Okafor, Turner and Paul George

Larry Bird was on record saying he thinks Myles is a 5 and we already have Thad Young. I think we were mostly trying to trade PG and at the very end we tried to find a perimeter player like Afflalo but it was too late.

Philly probably took the best deal they could get and the only deal they could get a first rounder out of. Okafor isn't a sure fire bet to be a good player and he definitely wouldn't have made us contenders anyway.

43 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

They shopped him deal with it everyone here tried to tell you 

Pacers got calls and they listened. That's not 'shopping'. far from it..

Larry Bird didnt trade Paul George.  As I tried to tell you he wouldn't.

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

so im not mad that we kept PG, but i think they were asking for too much in a trade.  i would have taken that #1 pick, plus the celtics own pick, and like one more player

its going to be really tough to challenge the cavs now, and compete for a title like he said

the funny thing is the lakers are not close either, that could be our saving grace