Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

James Harden and Howard won 50 games their first year together. Now he is gone and they added Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson without missing a beat. Westbrook and Durant and Jimmy Butler and Rose do not even compare because they just needed time to grow in the NBA because they were young players.

I find it hypocritical that you are preaching patience while at the same time wanting to Pacers to bring another major piece through the trade deadline. With your logic, we might as well not watch the rest of the season bringing Lopez in because it'll take 50 more games to get adjusted.

You cant exclude Butler and Rose....they struggled together a long time..

Harden and Howard didnt beat good teams...that's what I'm saying..Houston decided it wasn't working

You admit players need time to grow together. Thank you That's what Ive been saying

Stop digging the hole. Teams have to okay together.

Everything isn't somebody's fault

and look up the meaning of the word hypocritical.

Of course I want a 20ppg center in his prime........he's signed through next year. I'm patient

Lopez would help us..now....and moreso next year.

I don't understand why you don't get teamwork and cohesion and how its not predictable

I'm still positive about this team..and when we start winning again, you will be, too

39 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Sure everything is okay in life as there is much more than sports in this world. 

But everything is NOT okay with Indiana sports franchises.

53 games in......its the end of the world..and people MUST be blamed!!  Now!!

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

You cant exclude Butler and Rose....they struggled together a long time..

Harden and Howard didnt beat good teams...that's what I'm saying..Houston decided it wasn't working

You admit players need time to grow together. Thank you That's what Ive been saying

Stop digging the hole. Teams have to okay together.

Everything isn't somebody's fault

and look up the meaning of the word hypocritical.

Of course I want a 20ppg center in his prime........he's signed through next year. I'm patient

Lopez would help us..now....and moreso next year.

I don't understand why you don't get teamwork and cohesion and how its not predictable

I'm still positive about this team..and when we start winning again, you will be, too

You're leaving out the part that the people you mentioned were rookies coming into the league. Not veterans like Teague, Thad Young, and Al Jefferson who have been in the NBA long enough.

James Harden and Dwight Howard didn't fit together. That's why they decided it wasn't working and that's why the Rockets added two new pieces and are third in the western conference. Time to look in the mirror and see that maybe some players don't fit the team. That is more logical than taking an entire NBA season to get to know one another when they have been practicing together since August and we have a superstar who is not committing to the future and has publicly said he wants to play for a contender.

But like Colts_Fan12 said, I'm tired of arguing about it. I'm done. Just gonna wait and see how things play out. 

What the Lakers did today was pure brilliance. They hired Magic Johnson to run operations who is a big name and because of his name can bring in Free Agent Stars in the future. They hired Rob Pelinka who is a master at working the Salary Cap and is the agent of many NBA players, and traded Lou Williams to get another 1st Round pick. By trading Lou Williams that will almost assure they keep their protected Top 3 Pick because they will be one of the worst 3 teams without him (tanking in silence). Lou Williams is in his 30's and wasn't part of their future anyway. That team has been a mess for 4 years now and Jim Buss was a complete joke and Mitch Kupchak long in the tooth. I bet that team within 2 years brings in at least 1 or 2 Superstars via Free Agency to join that young nucleus they have. That franchise has always found a way to get back on top so I can see it coming soon. Luke Walton is a Good Coach to boot. Magic has already said he has no interest in trading guys like Russell or Ingram who are part of the young core. He also has no interest in players like Carmelo Anthony who are over 30. Great sign for them.

11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Its not coaching...guys

James Harden and Dwight Howard.....Jimmy Butler and Derrick Rose

...come on......Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant...They all needed years

...players need a lot of time to blend to the level where they can beat other top teams.

I thought everybody knew that

I don't think you understand how a basketball team works.  

Per Roto:

The Pacers are reportedly gauging the trade market for Paul George.
The Pacers could go in one of two directions at the deadline, bring in talent to appease PG-13, or send him away and queue a rebuild centered around Myles Turner. George will likely opt-out of his contract following the 2017-18 season, making him an unrestricted free agent in 2018, so teams may be reluctant to make a deal for him without a promise that he'll re-sign at the new location. For what it's worth, George has said he'd be interested in re-signing with the Pacers as a free agent or going back to his hometown of Los Angeles (with the Lakers), so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Well....

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not buying it. No way Bird trades him, not Bird's style.

I agree, but if he says he won't re-sign, it makes more sense to trade him now than let him leave as a free agent.  At the end of the day, money talks, and the Pacers can give George the most money out of anyone.  I also think he's being short-sighted.  It was just a few months ago when George said this....

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1067240

Potential trades that work on ESPN's trade machine:

Pacers trade Paul George to the Lakers for Randle, Ingram, Clarkson, and Nance (adding tons of young talent)

Pacers trade Paul George to the Celtics for Smart, Bradley, and Crowder (not likely since Boston would probably rather trade away the picks they have and keep their roster intact to contend for a championship)

Pacers trade Paul George to the Clippers (George's favourite team growing up) for Blake Griffin

Another great idea:

Convince George to stay.  Have him and Turner act as ambassadors to lure Durant to Indy, assuming Durant opts out of his option.  George can use his time with Durant on Team USA while Turner can use his Texas connection.  Larry Bird can flash his rings and remind Durant that it was just a few years ago that the Pacers were making the Eastern Conference Finals.  A Big Three of Durant, George, and Turner could dominate.  Add in that Teague has shown the ability to spread the ball around and you get an unreal starting lineup that is a Finals contender.  Teague, George, Durant, Young, Turner...that's an excellent group.

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I agree, but if he says he won't re-sign, it makes more sense to trade him now than let him leave as a free agent.  At the end of the day, money talks, and the Pacers can give George the most money out of anyone.  I also think he's being short-sighted.  It was just a few months ago when George said this....

Pacers trade Paul George to the Lakers for Randle, Ingram, Clarkson, and Nance (adding tons of young talent)

Pacers trade Paul George to the Celtics for Smart, Bradley, and Crowder (not likely since Boston would probably rather trade away the picks they have and keep their roster intact to contend for a championship)

Pacers trade Paul George to the Clippers (George's favourite team growing up) for Blake Griffin

Another great idea:

Convince George to stay.  Have him and Turner act as ambassadors to lure Durant to Indy, assuming Durant opts out of his option.  George can use his time with Durant on Team USA while Turner can use his Texas connection.  Larry Bird can flash his rings and remind Durant that it was just a few years ago that the Pacers were making the Eastern Conference Finals.  A Big Three of Durant, George, and Turner could dominate.  Add in that Teague has shown the ability to spread the ball around and you get an unreal starting lineup that is a Finals contender.  Teague, George, Durant, Young, Turner...that's an excellent group.

Durant will never come here.

20 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Another great idea:

If Paul George went to the Celtics or Clippers, that would put those teams right up there with the Warriors and Cavs considering who what the Trade Machine says those teams would have to give up to get him. I don't think the Lakers will part ways with Ingram as he has tons of potential as a Wing with length. They may trade Randle and Clarkson + Nance though. If I am the Pacers I would want Ingram though because IMO in 3 seasons he could become a PG type of a player.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Paul George went to the Celtics or Clippers, that would put those teams right up there with the Warriors and Cavs considering who what the Trade Machine says those teams would have to give up to get him. I don't think the Lakers will part ways with Ingram as he has tons of potential as a Wing with length. They may trade Randle and Clarkson + Nance though. If I am the Pacers I would want Ingram though because IMO in 3 seasons he could become a PG type of a player.

You don't trade him to the Lakers if neither Ingram or Russell are involved they would be lucky if we don't ask for both 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I was trading George I would rather trade him to Boston though so we can get the first pick in the Draft which would be the amazing Lonzo Ball + Jae Crowder and Avery Bradley.

I want Ball but our luck the pick will screw us and won't be 1st it will turn into the second or 3rd in the cheap *** lottery 

Honestly tho if I had my way it would be Ingram Russell and the Lakers 1st haha

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Glad they don't have it in Football, if we would've lost Luck because of it that would've reeked!

Yeah for sure I just see now way that it's fair a team could win 5 games all year and a team can leapfrog them and steal the 1st pick when the team that won 5 games clearly needs the 1st pick more 

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah for sure I just see now way that it's fair a team could win 5 games all year and a team can leapfrog them and steal the 1st pick when the team that won 5 games clearly needs the 1st pick more 

I think the lottery should be changed somehow but I understand why they have it. In football unless you're the Jaguars or Browns who constantly draft busts, you usually elevate from picking high in the draft to improving and picking near the middle of the draft (Like how we went from 2-14 to 11-5). 

I feel in the NBA teams just tank over and over again. The 76ers keep talking about "trusting the process". What's the process? Tanking over and over and keep picking up 1st and 2nd overall picks? It's getting ridiculous.

If we keep PG, let's try to trade for Arron Afflalo to be our starting SG. Shouldn't be that hard especially since Kings are trying to re-build.

Teague, Afflalo, PG, Young, and Turner is a solid core to go into the playoffs with.

13 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I think the lottery should be changed somehow but I understand why they have it. In football unless you're the Jaguars or Browns who constantly draft busts, you usually elevate from picking high in the draft to improving and picking near the middle of the draft (Like how we went from 2-14 to 11-5). 

I feel in the NBA teams just tank over and over again. The 76ers keep talking about "trusting the process". What's the process? Tanking over and over and keep picking up 1st and 2nd overall picks? It's getting ridiculous.

I get it but the Sixers are just bad they don't suxk on purpose they just draft a center every damn year like *s haha

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I get it but the Sixers are just bad they don't suxk on purpose they just draft a center every damn year like *s haha

They finally look like they may have something going now though. Embiid is Very Good and Ben Simmons has tons of potential. Okafor is actually Good as well but they seem like they want to trade him.

25 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I still think it should be like Football, worse record gets #1 and so forth.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I actually like that about the draft.   Helps prevent tanking.   What I don't like is how playoff teams are out of the lottery.   That is totally unfair for a team like the Pacers.   Always put a decent team on the court.   Never good enough to win a championship though because they draft 18-25 every year.   They are punished for being a well run team.   Indiana is not going to lure a top 3 free agent.   The draft is all we got.

The way I would like to see it each team getting balls in the lottery.   Worst team gets 30 and so on. 

Tonight';s trade deadline rumor is that the Lakers and Magic Johnson are asking what they'd have to give the Pacers for Paul George....

Paul's from LA....family are Laker fans...makes sense..but I doubt Larry would consider it unless PG told him he wanted to be like LBJ and Dwayne Wade and go 'home'

....Can you imagine Magic Johnson picking up the phone and calling Larry Bird to ask about trading for his best player. Id love to hear the conversation....

4 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Pacers trade Paul George to the Clippers (George's favorite team growing up) for Blake Griffin

Another great idea:

The only one that is worthy here is the Lakers..and I don't know if they want to give up on all 4 of those guys.

You're right about the Boston trade...That could never happen..

The Durant thing has one trick kicker.

Durant went to Golden State to win the title.

If they lose this year, he'll probably come back ad try again with GSW

If they win, he's be a conquering hero and might not want to leave.

Odds are he's not going back to OKC though, right?

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Tonight';s trade deadline rumor is that the Lakers and Magic Johnson are asking what they'd have to give the Pacers for Paul George....

Paul's from LA....family are Laker fans...makes sense..but I doubt Larry would consider it unless PG told him he wanted to be like LBJ and Dwayne Wade and go 'home'

....Can you imagine Magic Johnson picking up the phone and calling Larry Bird to ask about trading for his best player. Id love to hear the conversation....

I wonder how much loyalty Bird has with the Celtics over the Lakers.  

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

I wonder how much loyalty Bird has with the Celtics over the Lakers.  

Thats a really interesting aspect to the PG rumors

Boston doenst have anything to give the Pacers, though...except the Nets No.1 which they almost certainly aren't dealing

Edited by oldunclemark
spell