Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

lmao the way you think of things is hilarious we are a bad playoff team in a terrible conference. Being a playoff team in the NBA has no where near the same meaning as in the NFL.

Never compare sports...

again....we lose a few games in a row to top teams and we're 'terrible'

..not serious

15 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Never compare sports...

again....we lose a few games in a row to top teams and we're 'terrible'

..not serious

Now I know your old you can't even read. I said the conference is terrible. Being a 5th seed in a bad conference is not going to be appealing to PG and I don't blame him for saying he wants to contend. No matter what your homer self thinks this team is not in contention for a championship.

2 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/8points9seconds.com/2017/02/20/indiana-pacers-trade-brook-lopez/amp/?client=safari

Pacers apparently looking to trade for Brook Lopez. I called this weeks ago. Would perfer Drummond but would probably cost more. Either way, i would love this move. 

I like the idea of Lopez and Turner starting together with PG at the 3. I hope Bird makes it happen. Lopez is a Big body and he is Good. He can give guys like Gortat problems for example.

10 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Now I know your old you can't even read. I said the conference is terrible. Being a 5th seed in a bad conference is not going to be appealing to PG and I don't blame him for saying he wants to contend. No matter what your homer self thinks this team is not in contention for a championship.

Why are you arguing that the Pacers are nothing and should trade their best player?

51 minutes ago, Myles said:

I hope the Pacers are able to keep PG.   I think this team has many of the pieces to be much better than they have played this season.  

I do understand Pauls desire to go to a contender though. 

2 weeks ago we were a contender.....how quickly the talk changes..

....Our team is still coming together

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

2 weeks ago we were a contender.....how quickly the talk changes..

....Our team is still coming together

2 weeks ago the Pacers were still not contenders.  

Yes the team is still coming together, but a team that is 6th in the East and 29-28 is not a valid contender for a championship.

As I said, I hope PG stays with the Pacers, because I think they are better than their record.

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like the idea of Lopez and Turner starting together with PG at the 3. I hope Bird makes it happen. Lopez is a Big body and he is Good. He can give guys like Gortat problems for example.

I guess I haven't watched the Nets.......Lopez has 90 3-point baskets?  Really?

He's improved his game..

The $20 mil contract isn't a factor...Big Al makes 10 mil and Stuckey, I believe, makes 5....

Easy match.  The pick isn't important because its not going to be a high pick anyway

Stuckey's a good man when he's healthy

To get him at age 28 without losing Myles or Teague could us a major player. I say 'could' because there's not much time for them to play together.

But I would do this....in a second.

We must add rebounding and offense. We don't have enough offense to beat good teams.

Just now, Myles said:

Yes the team is still coming together, but a team that is 6th in the East and 29-28 is not a valid contender for a championship.

As I said, I hope PG stays with the Pacers, because I think they are better than their record.

Nobody said we weren't contenders when we were 7 over .500.

Nobody here said it. . We blow with the wind here.

I wouldn't worry about Paul George staying with the Pacers. The task is to get more offense around him

Teague helped. ....Lopez would help.

Then, we'd need a perimeter shooter.

We're close.....

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Why are you arguing that the Pacers are nothing and should trade their best player?

Why are you in favor of letting him leave for absolutely nothing? small markets like us are stupid to do things like that. It's not about money anymore PG is sick of being on a mediocre team in the east he wants a championship. The fact that your sitting here trying to argue that we are a championship team is funny tho.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I hope the Pacers are able to keep PG.   I think this team has many of the pieces to be much better than they have played this season.  

I do understand Pauls desire to go to a contender though. 

By the way, I don't think Paul George said he wants to go to a contender.  Others said that

He  said he wants to win a title in Indiana

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Why are you in favor of letting him leave for absolutely nothing? small markets like us are stupid to do things like that. It's not about money anymore PG is sick of being on a mediocre team in the east he wants a championship. The fact that your sitting here trying to argue that we are a championship team is funny tho.

Paul George never said he is leaving....He never said he;s sick of being on a mediocre team.'

As fans, we make up scenarios

Paul is under contract for next season.  He isn't leaving

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

Don't worry about mark he's just a lil old he doesn't realize we are not contenders. You sir really are right however we are not 

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Paul George never said he is leaving....He never said he;s sick of being on a mediocre team.'

As fans, we make up scenarios

He has literally came out and said he will not guarantee an extension with us cause it's frustrating not winning. If that doesn't scream I wanna shot at a title then I don't know what does. There is literally no way we can improve enough to become contenders this year. 

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

He has literally came out and said he will not guarantee an extension with us cause it's frustrating not winning. If that doesn't scream I wanna shot at a title then I don't know what does. There is literally no way we can improve enough to become contenders this year. 

CGF 12..with respect my man. 

He has 2 full season left on his deal. He can opt out after one.

Of course he's frustrated......But everybody keeps saying that we cant possibly contend...and that's just not sports...WE don't know.

But lets be hard line. He did not say he wants to leave. He did not 'scream' that we cant contend.

That's just you reading into questions being answered by a guy who is under contract and can only make the $30 mil max deal in Indiana.

Guys..he's not leaving. Wouldn't help us. Wouldn't help him

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

For those saying the Pacers are not contenders 

If You make the playoffs you are a contender

Folks forget that we were minutes away from the second round last year and we are stronger now.

This proposed deal with the Nets would change a lot of people's tune.

But 2 weeks ago, no one here said we were not contenders in the East

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

CGF 12..with respect my man. 

He has 2 full season left on his deal. He can opt out after one.

Of course he's frustrated......But everybody keeps saying that we cant possibly contend...and that's just not sports...WE don't know.

But lets be hard line. He did not say he wants to leave. He did not 'scream' that we cant contend.

That's just you reading into questions being answered by a guy who is under contract and can only make the $30 mil max deal in Indiana.

Guys..he's not leaving. Wouldn't help us. Wouldn't help him

Then we better fire McMillian and getting more great players around him or we stand no chance. Trading for brook Lopez sure as hell isn't gonna get it done all he has done is warm the bench his whole career cause he is injury prone. 

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Then we better fire McMillian and getting more great players around him or we stand no chance. Trading for brook Lopez sure as hell isn't gonna get it done all he has done is warm the bench his whole career cause he is injury prone. 

Step away from the ledge and take a breath

as I said earlier

Everything Will Be Okay

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Lopez averages 20 a game...why do you talk him down?

..and don't fall back on the old 'fire the coach' whine......Its not the coach

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Lopez averages 20 a game...why do you talk him down?

..and don't fall back on the old 'fire the coach' whine......Its not the coach

He shouldn't have been hired to begin with he's not that good a coach. Lopez is on the worst team in the league he isn't that great we need a wing and to dump ellis or move him to the bench. 

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He shouldn't have been hired to begin with he's not that good a coach. Lopez is on the worst team in the league he isn't that great we need a wing and to dump ellis or move him to the bench. 

It doesnt matter what team Lopez WAS on...

Cousins WAS on Sacramento.....WE need scoring and rebounding and to keep Myles at the '4'

Lopez is 28.....this wouldnt be a one year splash.

Everybody always hates the coach whoever he is.....just forget about that.

Don't give up

Edited by oldunclemark
spell