Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

A deal definety was NOT made.......

..as I said

Why is the doomsday scenario so important to you.

You're the one trying to change people's arguments to make yourself look good. 

Many here said there is a possibility he is traded and you said there is no chance.

Now he isn't being traded and you're making it seem like we said it was 100% guaranteed.

I specifically said if we didn't do something at the trade deadline or this summer to make this team a contender PG will be gone.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No but it was the combo of we wanted, the 1st Round Pick + Bradley or Smart and the Crowder. Obviously Crowder for PG would be laughable but it was Crowder and other pieces that stopped the trade. Ainge was trying to keep Crowder out of the equation with all the other pieces involved.

I don't think the Pacers were trading PG to Boston.....certainly not for those guys

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

You're the one trying to change people's arguments to make yourself look good. 

Many here said there is a possibility hr is traded and you said there is no chance.

Now he isn't being traded and you're making it seem like we said it was 100% guaranteed.

I specifically said if we didn't do something at the trade deadline or this summer to make this team a contender PG will be gone.

Blue...you argued for the trade..long and hard...

I argued against it........long and hard

Larry didn't trade him.. I'm sorry

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't think the Pacers were trading PG to Boston.....certainly not for those guys

Which is why it didn't happen. Bird would have wanted smart instead of Bradley. Combine smart and crowder and the pick...that was too steep for Danny on a rental....which is what he sees PG as.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

we are NOT losing now....stay strong..the season is not over

"And nobody says Shazam (maybe Shaq) any more

Bill parcels says....you are what you are. Your the only one that can't see we are a 500 team. Just because we had a run playing horrible teams at home for that stretch and got like 6 games over is moot. We went on the road and started to play decent teams like Wizards and bam....500. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Bill parcels says....you are what you are. Your the only one that can't see we are a 500 team. Just because we had a run playing horrible teams at home for that stretch and got like 6 games over is moot. We went on the road and started to play decent teams like Wizards and bam....500. 

Bill Parcells is a legend in the NBA

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

..and the wins mean nothing.....and the losses mean  it over!! Doom. Trade our best player. We're dead.

(Do you hear yourself?)

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Then we. in retrospect, agree. It was never going to happen

I agree. I'm not the one that said we would...that's some others. But I am one that said we should find a way. I would have been ok with brown or smart and next two Brooklyn picks. I don't want Bradley but any combo of both picks and smart brown or crowder in a blender I probably said yes. I think PG will leave and we get nothing...ala OKC and we don't have a Westbrook to fall back on.

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Those 'guys' have the Celtics 2nd in the East while we are 6th. The hold up was the potential first overall pick if you were listening to the news at all today but don't act like all that young talent is chopped liver.

And go ahead and keep claiming Larry won't trade him even though beat writers and others who talk to the people inside the organization say this is far from over.

Keep being the eternal homer who thinks we'll pick up all kinds of marquee free agents to make PG stay and be the guy who settles for the 7th seed when PG wants to play for a contender. Keep acting like PG isn't hurt that the team tried to trade him behind his back which is clear from the interview I posted.

Whatever.

Just now, dgambill said:

I agree. I'm not the one that said we would...that's some others. But I am one that said we should find a way. I would have been ok with brown or smart and next two Brooklyn picks. I don't want Bradley but any combo of both picks and smart brown or crowder in a blender I probably said yes. I think PG will leave and we get nothing...ala OKC and we don't have a Westbrook to fall back on.

and I am optimistic..which always draws a lot of comments here,

I think we will improve slightly in  the second half of the season and finish with something like a 45-37 record ( I believe I picked that when the season began)

We have a better team than we have showed and I think we can get to the east finals.

I'd have liked us to add shooting but this isn't a bad team.

..and if we win a playoff series...all the more reason for Paul George to sign up for another term with us.

I'm not afraid to be optimistic......I see what I see

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Bill Parcells is a legend in the NBA

Really? I bet he would say the same thing about the NBA as the NFl. He was Bobby Knights assistant coach at Army so he had some basketball background. Lol. You do realize the last two years we were 38-44 and 45-37 and this year hovering around 500 and we've been no better than a 7th seed. What tells you we are going to be better....and please don't say OLD AL and old knees Monta or I will walk away from the thread.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Really? I bet he would say the same thing about the NBA as the NFl. He was Bobby Knights assistant coach at Army so he had some basketball background. Lol. You do realize the last two years we were 38-44 and 45-37 and this year hovering around 500 and we've been no better than a 7th seed. What tells you we are going to be better....and please don't say OLD AL and old knees Monta or I will walk away from the thread.

You do realize that Paul George broke his leg in the 38-44 year..( I know you do) .come on, DG

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Those 'guys' have the Celtics 2nd in the East while we are 6th. The hold up was the potential first overall pick if you were listening to the news at all today but don't act like all that young talent is chopped liver.

And go ahead and keep claiming Larry won't trade him even though beat writers and others who talk to the people inside the organization say this is far from over.

Keep being the eternal homer who thinks we'll pick up all kinds of marquee free agents to make PG stay and be the guy who settles for the 7th seed when PG wants to play for a contender. Keep acting like PG isn't hurt that the team tried to trade him behind his back which is clear from the interview I posted.

Whatever.

:agree::scoregood:

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You got it.  Its old AL and old knees Monta...both had a good first half.

Big Al did a solid job off the bench..Monta looks much better than last year

How did you know???  OLD Al and old knees Monta!!

(Please don't leave!!!))

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

and I am optimistic..which always draws a lot of comments here,

I think we will improve slightly in  the second half of the season and finish with something like a 45-37 record ( I believe I picked that when the season began)

We have a better team than we have showed and I think we can get to the east finals.

I'd have liked us to add shooting but this isn't a bad team.

..and if we win a playoff series...all the more reason for Paul George to sign up for another term with us.

I'm not afraid to be optimistic......I see what I see

I actually predicted 55-27 before the season and a 2 Seed. Reason I did was, I figured PG would leave off where he was in the Playoffs vs Toronto, we added Teague and Big Al, and Myles had a year under his belt. I figured Vogel was wearing out his welcome too. I really nailed that prediction didn't I haha. It wasn't even a homer prediction, I thought we would be Very Good.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

You agree that Avery Bradley is the key to Boston being the 2 seed in the East....and Not Isiah?

Wow.  Better call Bill parcells and ask him

Who the hell said that? you just make stuff up to help your arguments the Celtics team is a lot better then ours besides PG and Turner 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually predicted 55-27 before the season and a 2 Seed. Reason I did was, I figured PG would leave off where he was in the Playoffs vs Toronto, we added Teague and Big Al, and Myles had a year under his belt. I figured Vogel was wearing out his welcome too. I really nailed that prediction didn't I haha. It wasn't even a homer prediction, I thought we would be Very Good.

I probably said 45-50 wins.

I thought,and I have said this a lot, that we'd need time to work together,.

I knw the message board macho men here gets angry when I say this but teams with a lot of new players from the pros to the pee wees take tie to learn how to work together, especially on defense.

WE need patience...There's still time

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Stop that nonsense.....Isiah Thomas (27 points a game)  has the Celtics 2nd in the East.

Not those jamokes Ainge tried to sell us.

I KNOW you know that. You had to be laughing when you wrote that

And the glorious top 15 player Paul George with a team YOU think can get to the ECF has us in 6th. It's obviously not just Isaiah.

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Who the hell said that? you just make stuff up to help your arguments the Celtics team is a lot better then ours besides PG and Turner 

Blue.. said it

15 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Those 'guys' (Crowder and Bradley) have the Celtics 2nd in the East while we are 6th. The hold up was the potential first overall pick if you were listening to the news at all today but don't act like all that young talent is chopped liver..

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I probably said 45-50 wins.

I thought,and I have said this a lot, that we'd need time to work together,.

I knw the message board macho men here gets angry when I say this but teams with a lot of new players from the pros to the pee wees take tie to learn how to work together, especially on defense.

WE need patience...There's still time

Yeah I may have hi balled the wins but after watching the Toronto series I had no reason to believe we couldn't win around 55. We had that series won in 6 games in reality. Then we added Teague.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I may have hi balled the wins but after watching the Toronto series I had no reason to believe we couldn't win around 55. We had that series won in 6 games in reality. Then we added Teague.

Why do fans expect changes to work immediately or even quickly?

We play like we don't know each other at times..because we don't.

It may come together late. If we get a good matchup we have a veteran team.

I'm optimistic

Edited by oldunclemark
spell