Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

On 2/21/2017 at 8:10 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

He is more wrong in this thread then he is right. If we take 50 to 100 games to get good then we are the only damn team in the league that takes that long.

You have gotten a little to big for your britches since I have been absent.  This is a forum that includes all ages as well as those who want to learn more about the games.  I encourage you to stop trying to make Uncle Mark just that.  I like his responses and yours as well.  There is no right and wrong when there is just speculation.

BTW, I am saying this as I have not read anything past page 56.  I hope you have let up on him later in this thread. :)  

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

You have gotten a little to big for your britches since I have been absent.  This is a forum that includes all ages as well as those who want to learn more about the games.  I encourage you to stop trying to make Uncle Mark just that.  I like his responses and yours as well.  There is no right and wrong when there is just speculation.

BTW, I am saying this as I have not read anything past page 56.  I hope you have let up on him later in this thread. :)  

Just wish he would actually read what everyone is posting instead of reading what he wants to see and making outlandish statements. Lol

On 2/23/2017 at 9:03 PM, dgambill said:

All that said this team won't get better. He will be gone. What's point of getting 42 million if your team sucks...he sees Melo. Might as well get 32 million in LA playing in home town with a team that can surround talent around you. We can't offer that. No money for FA and picks in the 20s....it's not happening. He is gone next offseason.

I would play on the Washington Generals for 42 million to lose every game.

:)  

On 2/23/2017 at 10:47 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes you can, I am in my 40's. I miss being 30.

I don't care how old I am. :)  

51 and playing in Cozumel was pretty fun these past seven days.  I feel I still can compare the old with the new with anyone.

BTW 12, I am now on page 63 and you have not let up on us OLD people.  HA!  Funny thing, I AM headed up for my 'nap'  :lecture:

6 hours ago, Myles said:

I had a house in Speedway back in the mid 1990's and would do the same thing.   We'd always pull a wagon full of beer.   Great times.  You'd usually see some boobies and wouldn't have to go the the Wild Cherry for it.  

Yeah partying around the track was fun back in the 90's, I did it every year from 1993 up through the 90's. It started getting too strict in the early 2000's regarding walking around with open containers and the women pulling Mardi Gras type stuff. The last time I partied on Indy 500 weekend by the track was 2005 and people were getting arrested left and right. So that was it for me.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah partying around the track was fun back in the 90's, I did it every year from 1993 up through the 90's. It started getting too strict in the early 2000's regarding walking around with open containers and the women pulling Mardi Gras type stuff. The last time I partied on Indy 500 weekend by the track was 2005 and people were getting arrested left and right. So that was it for me.

Bummer to hear it lost it's luster.   It's been a number of years for me too.  

Remember the one guy who had a small house with a chain link fence.   He would encourage people to throw their empty beer cans in his yard.   I remember one year his whole yard was full about 3 feet deep in aluminum cans.  

2 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

I don't care how old I am. :)  

51 and playing in Cozumel was pretty fun these past seven days.  I feel I still can compare the old with the new with anyone.

BTW 12, I am now on page 63 and you have not let up on us OLD people.  HA!  Funny thing, I AM headed up for my 'nap'  :lecture:

Just mark lol and I wouldn't have a problem if he would just read haha

37 minutes ago, Myles said:

Bummer to hear it lost it's luster.   It's been a number of years for me too.  

Remember the one guy who had a small house with a chain link fence.   He would encourage people to throw their empty beer cans in his yard.   I remember one year his whole yard was full about 3 feet deep in aluminum cans.  

Oh back in the 90's it was a mini Mardi Gras and the police could care less if you were pulling a wagon with a case of beer in it. I used to walk up and down Georgetown that Saturday night by the Coke field and up to the Wild Cherry. I used to hit the Wild Chery for an hour or 2 as well. There was always a few places where someone was smoking barbecue too. Just a freakin blast the night before. It just started getting more strict and more strict as the years went on.

I haven't been on in a week or so.  What do all you Pacers fans think about all of the Paul George rumors?  Obviously he didn't get traded at the deadline but what about this summer and the future?  I hear LA is #1 on his radar and the Pacers are a close 2nd.  If he's not interested in signing an extension this summer or early next year I personally think the Pacers should trade him and get something out of him.  I read he was a little upset about not being kept in the loop either around the trade deadline.  I am just curious what everyone thinks or what everyone's hearing?

2 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I haven't been on in a week or so.  What do all you Pacers fans think about all of the Paul George rumors?  Obviously he didn't get traded at the deadline but what about this summer and the future?  I hear LA is #1 on his radar and the Pacers are a close 2nd.  If he's not interested in signing an extension this summer or early next year I personally think the Pacers should trade him and get something out of him.  I read he was a little upset about not being kept in the loop either around the trade deadline.  I am just curious what everyone things or what everyone's hearing?

I said from the beginning Larry wouldn't trade him and he didn't. I still don't think he will this summer either. I see Larry making moves this summer to get PG help. If he doesn't PG could leave for the Lakers after 2018. IMO, that is the only place he would leave Indy for. He is from that area and Magic probably has the ability to build a solid team just based on who he is. Jim Buss was bland and had no clue and Mitch Kupchak was long in the tooth.

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I haven't been on in a week or so.  What do all you Pacers fans think about all of the Paul George rumors?  Obviously he didn't get traded at the deadline but what about this summer and the future?  I hear LA is #1 on his radar and the Pacers are a close 2nd.  If he's not interested in signing an extension this summer or early next year I personally think the Pacers should trade him and get something out of him.  I read he was a little upset about not being kept in the loop either around the trade deadline.  I am just curious what everyone thinks or what everyone's hearing?

I think Larry wanted to finish this season out and give this team every chance to succeed. He will have a big choice to make with Teague in the offseason and I think he is hoping that we make a nice run in the playoffs (series maybe two) and PG possibly getting ALL-NBA honors and offering the Super-max deal will be enough to keep PG. I don't think Larry wants to sit around for another rebuild. He has a star player in place and budding player in Myles so I think he feels he can put together a competitive roster that if the breaks went right and we added another key piece could compete. Me...I think its pretty simple. If Paul doesn't make ALL-NBA we just blew the best shot we had at rebuilding. Our return is going to be seriously limited now. Boston isn't going to offer up much because they know he prefers to just sign in LA after 2018 and LA knows the same thing. This trade deadline was the chance to get back the maximum value for him and we blinked. We are basically all in now and will have to hope we can offer him the super-max deal this offseason or next because if its just the regular max deal...PG will be gone to LA for sure.

I don't know what we were offered from Boston or Denver but if it was a couple nice young players like either Murray or Smart/Brown and those Brooklyn draft picks then I think we should have accepted....chances are we asked for too many NBA ready young players like Crowder and Smart and the picks or something crazy like Murray/Jokic and the Brooklyn pick through a 3 way with Denver. I think Bird wanted to rebuild on the fly by having contributing NBA pieces thrown in with the draft picks instead of youth which no team would do as they've all seen what happened to the Knicks when they did that with Melo and had nothing to build around the star they got in return. These teams would have wanted to keep somewhat of the core they have to add Paul to in order to make a run and also convince him to re-sign. I'm sure the Lakers weren't offering much.....especially couldn't considering if they added PG then they would probably finish outside the worst 3 and lose the only trade piece they would have had. They aren't going to give us like Ingram, Russell, and pick and then have nothing to surround PG with especially when they think they can sign him outright in a couple year. We are playing a risky game....one I think we will get burnt on. I don't think PG finishes ALL NBA this year and we can't offer him the super-max. He will turn down the extention and that will force us to either trade at a lower value or ride it out and hope he makes ALL NBA next season to offer the super max and risk he may walk for nothing.....not a good scenario in my mind. I mean we could be looking at trying to convince PG to stay with us with Teague and Myles?? or go to LA with a young up and coming team of Ingram, Russell, Randle and with that top pick likely Lonzo Ball....throw in some nice cast like Nance Jr. and Mozgof and that team with PG would look much more appetizing...not to mention they still would have cap space to offer to say a Durant, Cousins, or later on Westbrook. I know what I'd do......go home and play in front of my hometown fans for my dream boss in Magic in LA. I think PG likes the bright lights too much to stay here unless all the stars line up...and that's going to take a lot to happen.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I said from the beginning Larry wouldn't trade him and he didn't. I still don't think he will this summer either. I see Larry making moves this summer to get PG help. If he doesn't PG could leave for the Lakers after 2018. IMO, that is the only place he would leave Indy for. He is from that area and Magic probably has the ability to build a solid team just based on who he is. Jim Buss was bland and had no clue and Mitch Kupchak was long in the tooth.

I think you have to get a commitment from PG before you build around him. Paul knows what kind of team Larry will put around him. We are very limited capwise since we will never go over the luxury tax and we have a couple crappy pieces on this team that limit the space we do have. George can trust that Larry will make a couple minor moves each year....maybe get a mediocre free agent from time to time but will put together a team that will probably make the playoffs but I don't think we will ever compete for a Championship seriously. But to go out and make a bunch of moves not knowing if PG will commit would set this team back long-term possibly. You have to make him an offer and hope he accepts. If we are fortunate to be able to offer the super-max deal then I think we have a 50-50 chance of retaining him...of course if he doesn't sign that max deal then you move him. You can't go into 2018 with him unsigned.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:04 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Bogut to join the Cavs

What a desperate team lmao. They know they cant beat the Warriors and just keep picking up anyone imaginable. Thankfully no team did an outrageous trade with them by giving them another All-Star for a bag of chips. They got Korver for a bag of chips already. If LeBron is the GOAT than he should win it all with players like Irving, Love, Korver, T. Thompson, Bogut, D. Williams, and JR Smith without question. All of those players will be healthy come Playoff time. No excuses, if you are the GOAT like some of his fanboys say he is than they should win the Championship with that Roster. The Cavs are 34,000,000 dollars over the Salary Cap, does anyone really know how crazy that is? They run the league. I am shocked Boogie Cousins didn't end up there for future Draft picks the way they get players and go over the Cap.

5 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I'd trade him too if he wont extend I'm a pacers fan first and PG fan second and him leaving for nothing hurts the Pacers real bad 

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Larry seems like the guy that will gamble with PG and if it doesn't pay off we will be screwed 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Houston is the 3rd best team in the league IMO only behind the Warriors and Cavs. I see them beating the Spurs in Round 2 as they would meet per seeding's. They just picked up Lou Williams which makes them scary good now.

Yeah they are great but we just aren't that good either 

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I wish we would just play him at the 4 he could be a poor man's Anthony Davis fir us at the 4 

Anthony Davis has a post game though regardless. He needs to get one. Larry probably wants him at the 5 because if he builds strength, he has the size and ability to be an elite rim protector with his shot blocking.

If they decide to use him at the 4 than its whatever. I don't think that is the biggest problem with this team though honestly.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Anthony Davis has a post game though regardless. He needs to get one. Larry probably wants him at the 5 because if he builds strength, he has the size and ability to be an elite rim protector with his shot blocking.

If they decide to use him at the 4 than its whatever. I don't think that is the biggest problem with this team though honestly.

We have many problems haha

But I agree Turner has a very small frame needs to get some more size then he can really develop into a monster