Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You got it.  Its old AL and old knees Monta...both had a good first half.

Big Al did a solid job off the bench..Monta looks much better than last year

How did you know???  OLD Al and old knees Monta!!

(Please don't leave!!!))

I'm sorry but Grigson has had better FA success than Larry the last 4 years...hate to tell you but this team will not be in the ECF in the next several years. Optimism is one thing but being a realist is another. We are not built to compete for a NBA championship and PG knows that which is why he made his complaints known. Also why those around him have said it's compete or he is going to LA. Paul knows what a team built to compete with Lebron looks like...and it ain't us now. Have a good night mark. I respect your faith in Larry Legend...I want to be wrong just like I wanted to be wrong that the Colts weren't going to be a 500 team this year but dangit I wasn't. Some times you move your talent because the window has passed. We had to do it with JO and Ron and SJax just like we had to do it with DD and AD to get guys like Jermaine...it's that time again unfortunately.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Why do fans expect changes to work immediately or even quickly?

We play like we don't know each other at times..because we don't.

It may come together late. If we get a good matchup we have a veteran team.

I'm optimistic

I get the concept of establishing Chemistry, it's huge but I thought we would still be much better considering we had PG and Myles in tact.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I may have hi balled the wins but after watching the Toronto series I had no reason to believe we couldn't win around 55. We had that series won in 6 games in reality. Then we added Teague.

We lost George Hill and Solomon hill and Mihimi who were all key defensive and 3pt shooters and best rebounding and rim protectors. We got worse sadly. It was predictable.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

We lost George Hill and Solomon hill and Mihimi who were all key defensive and 3pt shooters and best rebounding and rim protectors. We got worse sadly. It was predictable.

I see that now LOL. I miss George Hill. What is funny is he used to be the scapegoat when we lost in our Conference Finals days. He went to IUPUI like I did, love the guy - he is from here.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I get the concept of establishing Chemistry, it's huge but I thought we would still be much better considering we had PG and Myles in tact.

We sacrificed our defense for offense  and took for granted that Mahimi never needed help at the rim on defense and he was just a liability on offense. Also George Hill was very underrated as a defender and could hold his own against the John Walls and other elite point guards.

I thought we'd be better as well but Myles still needs major improvement on both sides, and we need to get rid of Ellis, Stuckey, and others and get some more talent before its too late.

Paul George said the trade deadline was "a dark moment of uncertainty" on Thursday.

"You want me to be your guy here, thought I would have been in the loop a little more on [trade talks]," George said about the lack of communication. With an earlier USA Today report saying George is "hell-bent" on joining the Lakers or staying with Pacers if they are title contenders, things could get interesting this summer.

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

Eww...I know...probably Chicago Atlanta too....I know but I would say we had a shooters chance but in next couple years Boston and Cleveland are who we would have to leap frog and that ain't happening. NBA isn't NFL...there is NOT parity.....we need to roll a Yahtzee and that just isn't happening. Even a well crafted best team we had in a decade or more couldn't get by Lebron....this team it's just LAUGHABLE to think we could. 

This. We are just an average team right now. And that's not good if you want to beat the big boys.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually predicted 55-27 before the season and a 2 Seed. Reason I did was, I figured PG would leave off where he was in the Playoffs vs Toronto, we added Teague and Big Al, and Myles had a year under his belt. I figured Vogel was wearing out his welcome too. I really nailed that prediction didn't I haha. It wasn't even a homer prediction, I thought we would be Very Good.

I predicted 50+ wins as well. Now we might be lucky just to get over 40 wins. Very disappointing.

11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

......He isn't going to leave a superior team for an inferior team

The Pacers are a superior team?   They are locked in as a #4 seed at best in the East for the next several years.   Top free agents are not going to come here.   The Lakers have the recruiting edge and the better draft picks over the next couple seasons. 

If I was putting $100 on which team will win an NBA championship first between the Lakers and the Pacers, the money would go on the Lakers.    Yours would too.

9 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I thought,and I have said this a lot, that we'd need time to work together,.

Yep, because training camp, all the practice time and 57 games isn't enough.  :thinking:

C'mon and admit that this team IS a just over .500 team.   Not capable of winning the conference and getting another poor draft position. 

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Yep, because training camp, all the practice time and 57 games isn't enough.  :thinking:

C'mon and admit that this team IS a just over .500 team.   Not capable of winning the conference and getting another poor draft position. 

Maybe the Pacers are on the 200 game chemistry plan.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Maybe the Pacers are on the 200 game chemistry plan.

I can't believe he said it was normal for it to take 150 games or more to play well together.   That's almost 2 seasons.  

I think most of us fans thought the off season moves were very good and this team would be contending for the top of the East.    They are not.   I put most of that on the coach.   This is not the talent of a .500 team.  

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I can't believe he said it was normal for it to take 150 games or more to play well together.   That's almost 2 seasons.  

I think most of us fans thought the off season moves were very good and this team would be contending for the top of the East.    They are not.   I put most of that on the coach.   This is not the talent of a .500 team.  

Absolutely right. Its the coaches job to have them playing as a unit. Its in his job description lol.

I'm sure Bird didn't hire him thinking "I hope he can have them playing as a unit 150 games from now." That's basically two whole seasons. 

If this unit is not playing as a team 150 games in, McMillan is probably gonna be fired, because that's basically wasting seasons away.

17 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

you're a young man

i think its fair to say its been a long drought since we have never won an NBA title

we are a long ways off, right now too.  it looks like we may have missed our window with paul george.  we were not better than miami, but we were closer then, than we are to the cavs now

20 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'm sure Bird didn't hire him thinking "I hope he can have them playing as a unit 150 games from now." That's basically two whole seasons. 

Playing well enough as a team to beat teams like the Cavs and Toronto?

I'm sure that is what he hoped. Its what I hoped...

Patience.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:47 PM, dgambill said:

I'm sorry but Grigson has had better FA success than Larry the last 4 years...hate to tell you but this team will not be in the ECF in the next several years. Optimism is one thing but being a realist is another. We are not built to compete for a NBA championship and PG knows that which is why he made his complaints known. Also why those around him have said it's compete or he is going to LA. Paul knows what a team built to compete with Lebron looks like...and it ain't us now. Have a good night mark. I respect your faith in Larry Legend...I want to be wrong just like I wanted to be wrong that the Colts weren't going to be a 500 team this year but dangit I wasn't. Some times you move your talent because the window has passed. We had to do it with JO and Ron and SJax just like we had to do it with DD and AD to get guys like Jermaine...it's that time again unfortunately.

I hear you, DG////

.... but beware of 'those around him' who say that Paul ' "hell bent' to go to the Lakers.

I admit that Magic Johnson talking to you can make you feel very good about LA...and that's where Paul is from originally...

I don't see how the Lakers, in the west are closer than we are here. No where near

We saw what we were without Paul 2 years ago......and one day, we will be without him again.

But he's 26.....and we shouldnt rush that highway to hell

WE wont stand still this summer.

Larry drafted Paul......he drafted Myles Turner.......I have faith in his judgement.

I ask for patience

It will be interesting to see if Bird just does a total rebuild around Turner this summer. If we look bad in the Playoffs, it could happen. There will still be teams that offer us a bunch for PG. Having said that I still think Bird doesn't trade him, I have said that since all of this talk started. I think Bird tries to add another piece this summer to help PG and Turner out is my guess.