Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Initial PFF Grades Colts vs Chargers

Gavin

Just now, Gavin said:

Keep in mind these are just initial grades as they state and COULD change as they go through the rest of the grading process https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-chargers-colts-grades/

The link below better explains the process of how they come to conclusion on their grades

https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/how-we-grade/

PFF is a waste of time

Just now, dudeski said:

Yes

So then you would know that some NFL teams would disagree with you about PFF (Some don't) being a waste of time because several pay attention to the info they out on and pay for the info and are actually backed up by former players/coaches

15 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Not bad from the defense. Good day for Anderson. Hopefully he improves as the season goes on and he's back to being the wrecker on the line weeks 1-9 last season.

Also TY is the Guy

Anderson has history w/Parry, who has been getting better himself each week. Langford looked good as well, and given time/sustained health our D-line rotation could get nasty good. Which in turn can produce a good "ground and pound" effect on opposing teams. Trench warfare, who knew?!

27 minutes ago, bigt said:

Oddly enough, I believe Vontae Davis had the lowest defensive score in the 30's.  Is that what you see Gavin?

I didn't really pay much attention to Davis in the game. Ill have to go back over the game either on DVR or wait till the all 22 comes out. But its not unusual for some to struggle there first game back after missing as much time as he did. I know what Vontae is capable of so I'm not worried. He will shake the rust off.

Looking at the grades. . . what's the deal behind the high grade for Turbin?  I think he got a goal line TD but I don't remember him being super productive outside of that.  

I almost feel like they got Turbin and Gore mixed up. 

I have to say that having Davis and Anderson back in the lineup makes a big difference defensively.  We might actually have a semi decent defense with them in the lineup.  Luck needs to stop turning the ball over.  He needs to be coached to less aggressive at times.  

38 minutes ago, Track Guy said:

I'm curious how Joe Haeg and Ryan Kelly graded out yesterday. 

I have no idea and I am beginning to come around to the idea that the subscription you have to pay to get the overall grades without getting week to week grades is not worth the price. I still believe in their grades and the reasons they give them though I may disagree from time to time but the info they dish out on grades I'm coming around to believing is not worth the price

As of today, I'm seeing Anderson is graded out at 81.6   (above average)  And Haeg is graded out at 49.0  (Poor).  Broken down as 65.6 on run plays and 41.1 on pass plays.  They have this grade at guard, not tackle.  His score is better than any lineman not named Castonzo, Mewhort, or Kelly. 

On defense, both Adams and Geathers have scores in the low 80's which is above average.  Safeties looking good.  I will try and figure out how to post the link that shows this.

20 minutes ago, bigt said:

As of today, I'm seeing Anderson is graded out at 81.6   (above average)  And Haeg is graded out at 49.0  (Poor).  Broken down as 65.6 on run plays and 41.1 on pass plays.  They have this grade at guard, not tackle.  His score is better than any lineman not named Castonzo, Mewhort, or Kelly. 

On defense, both Adams and Geathers have scores in the low 80's which is above average.  Safeties looking good.  I will try and figure out how to post the link that shows this.

https://grades.profootballfocus.com/#/ratings/positions/show/S

https://grades.profootballfocus.com/#/ratings/positions/show/DI

This might work

1 hour ago, bigt said:

Here's the head to head grades against Jags.  You may have to hold down the ctrl button as you click the link.

https://grades.profootballfocus.com/#/ratings/matchup/show?homeTeamId=15&awayTeamId=14

Click the roster tab on the lower right hand corner of this page to see the entire Colt's roster to date.

People need to be subscribed to PFF to access that information.

19 hours ago, Gavin said:

So then you would know that some NFL teams would disagree with you about PFF (Some don't) being a waste of time because several pay attention to the info they out on and pay for the info and are actually backed up by former players/coaches

they don't pay for their grades.  anyone that has been around football that doesn't have a monetary stake in it will tell you that their grades are nonsense.  

now a team could pay for stats like snap counts, personnel packages, and things that are easy to determine.  teams used to pay people to track that stuff.  now how much they actually pay them or put stock in their figures is not told.  i highly doubt it is viewed more as an afterthought.  a turning every rock kind of thing

but their grades?  no.  no nfl team would pay a bit of attention to that drivel.  

8 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

PFF should be taken somewhat with a grain of salt, they arn't the be all end all when it comes to analysis.  

But saying they are a waste of time is over the top.  

they grade without the all 22.  that alone should tell you all you need to know, but i'm sure it won't.  you want so badly to believe that someone is grading every player, that you will believe almost anything.  

their grades are a complete waste.  they are worth absolutely nothing.  you gain nothing from reading them.  well next to nothing.  you get as much info as you would watching it yourself

7 hours ago, Gavin said:

I have no idea and I am beginning to come around to the idea that the subscription you have to pay to get the overall grades without getting week to week grades is not worth the price. I still believe in their grades and the reasons they give them though I may disagree from time to time but the info they dish out on grades I'm coming around to believing is not worth the price

are you kidding me?  gavin, the guy that can't make a post without mentioning he is watching the all 22, believes you can accurately grade players without the all 22?

7 minutes ago, masterlock said:

I don't know many other services that analyze and grade each play of each player of each game. I like PFF.

does it matter to you that the grades aren't accurate?  that seems like a big deal to me.  

i mean i can grade whatever you like.  if all you like is to see a numeric grade with very little basis in fact

4 hours ago, husker61 said:

this arguing about pff has been going on for what, two years here! lol! some like it, some dont. who cares, except people that just like to argue.

dudebroski has always been anti-pff 

Have to wonder if maybe he was a cofounder who got none of the credit/money and now shills against them. 

Looking back on the game now using the All 22 I can see why Haeg was graded poorly. He gave up what I counted 4 pressures because of oversetting and not getting his hands up high enough. He was also late coming off a combo block or two. He struggled at times at both Guard and Tackle but he certainly had some good moments. A pancake block at the goal line on the Turbin TD run in the 3rd quarter

Overall a lot of room for improvement but we have had veterans who have been worse over the last 4 years and 3 games

My only beef with PFF is the people who use it as absolute gospel. Usually it just kind of puts a numeric value next to what the eye test would tell any knowledgeable person watching a football game. Unintelligent writers such as Nate Dunlevy used it as a crutch religiously in his Bleacher Report days. I usually read the site once or twice a week but I don't know that I would ever pay for it.

On 9/25/2016 at 10:27 PM, Gavin said:

Keep in mind these are just initial grades as they state and COULD change as they go through the rest of the grading process https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-chargers-colts-grades/

The link below better explains the process of how they come to the conclusions on their grades

https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/how-we-grade/

Grades who needs them it was a win that is the only thing that mattered , I wonder how the Saints graded out in there loss going 0-3 .:D  

I think Haeg may have really struggled had he been facing top tier competition. There were times where he was beat, for sure. 

I think it's a good thing that he got to iron out some of the wrinkles against a mediocre front 7... and in a win, no less. I think Good is the better G at this point, but those who think that we aren't contenders might want Haeg to take his lumps early to speed up his development. He certainly has the potential to lock down that spot or the RT spot in future seasons (if not sooner). If he can get up to the level of JM on the other side, we will really have something. Kelly, AC, and Mewhort all had really good games this week and it didn't take PFF to see it. 

7 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Grades who needs them it was a win that is the only thing that mattered , I wonder how the Saints graded out in there loss going 0-3 .:D  

Coaches grade players after every game to check for any weak links

13 hours ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

My only beef with PFF is the people who use it as absolute gospel. Usually it just kind of puts a numeric value next to what the eye test would tell any knowledgeable person watching a football game. Unintelligent writers such as Nate Dunlevy used it as a crutch religiously in his Bleacher Report days. I usually read the site once or twice a week but I don't know that I would ever pay for it.

I agree with this.  It's a nice tool for analysis but it shouldn't be treated like a be all end all.  It has it's problems. 

Didn't they once give Rodgers a poor grade on a day he had like 4 TD passes to no picks and threw for like 300 yards???  While those problems are uncommon they do occasionally happen.  

5 hours ago, Gavin said:

Coaches grade players after every game to check for any weak links

Okay but I'm a homer bricklayer & that was my opinion . 

Initial PFF Grades Colts vs Chargers

My concern as a fan is different regardless of Coaches or PFF 's  Grades  I'm sure Drew Brees graded well but the Saints are 0-3  our team won it was ugly & I grade it higher than a pretty loss .