Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shocking

AKB

First off, I am not surprised this game did not go our way. However, I am surprised in the way that we lost. Our defense only gave up 20 points. Our secondary, once again, are all on their way to the hospital after this game. 

I keep seeing all these posts and comments by people claiming that Pagano is actually only a motivational speaker. I think this game supports that, but I also think it does make his case for his ability to coach defensive backs. We are scraping the bottom of the barrel with our cornerback starters, and somehow our defense stil managed to slow down one of the best receiving duos in the league. Of course some will say this is due to their QB situation, but regardless of that our CB's were playing superior receivers by far, and Cro was playing injured. Our corners have about as much experience as Simiean does (excluding an aged Cromartie). And with all of this being said it was actually the offense that gave the game away.

Yes i understand we are playing the top defense in the league, I just wanted to point these few things out. 

And on a side note, even while playing soft zone the majority of the game, and playing conservative our defensive line (without Anderson) was yet again impressive. 

I'm not panicing yet. 

I'm panicking a little bit. We need to get our CB's healthy A.S.A.P. We're going against two teams who love to pass the ball in the next two weeks. I'm not worried about our offense however. Luck will put up big points on the Chargers and Jaguars.

3 minutes ago, Solon said:

I'm panicking a little bit. We need to get our CB's healthy A.S.A.P. We're going against two teams who love to pass the ball in the next two weeks. I'm not worried about our offense however. Luck will put up big points on the Chargers and Jaguars.

I didn't say our CBs played well. I just said they did enough. 

Yeah it sucks the team is 0-2 and most teams that are 0-2 only have like a 20% chance of making the post season. But that might have been the hardest game of the season right there, and with all the injuries the fact that is was still a game is kinda amazing.

Haven't played a divisional game yet, so that's good. SD JAX and CHI next. If they can win at least 2 of those games and head to Houston on SNF at 2-3, they should be in it.

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

That's kind of what im getting at. With the amount of starters not even playing on defense, it was still a game for the offense to lose. 

Yeah, the D played pretty well.  A couple phantom PI calls kept Denver drives going, but I'm not going to blame the refs (they stink).

We have to remember, that D made one of the best offenses in the league look pedestrian for two games in a row.  

Just now, JColts72 said:

And the 14 points the offense turned over did not help at all.

Kinda what im hinting at. The defense really wasn't the issue this game. Kind of to be expected playing an opposing quarterback on his 2nd start. But either way, they were playing two very good offensive weapons. But I would go as far to say that outside of Cromartie our CBs were on a level playing field with Simiean

Just now, Jules said:

Be prepared that we may go 0-3. Rivers is on fire.......this is going to be a tough tough game.

Colts/Jags in London might be to save the season but that worries me too since the Jags sometimes only show up for us. lmao 

Defense wasn't the problem. I'd say keeping any team in the NFL to 20 offensive points is a decent job. And i'd say a darn good job for the condition that our defense is in at the moment. 

35 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

First off, I am not surprised this game did not go our way. However, I am surprised in the way that we lost. Our defense only gave up 20 points. Our secondary, once again, are all on their way to the hospital after this game. 

I keep seeing all these posts and comments by people claiming that Pagano is actually only a motivational speaker. I think this game supports that, but I also think it does make his case for his ability to coach defensive backs. We are scraping the bottom of the barrel with our cornerback starters, and somehow our defense stil managed to slow down one of the best receiving duos in the league. Of course some will say this is due to their QB situation, but regardless of that our CB's were playing superior receivers by far, and Cro was playing injured. Our corners have about as much experience as Simiean does (excluding an aged Cromartie). And with all of this being said it was actually the offense that gave the game away.

Yes i understand we are playing the top defense in the league, I just wanted to point these few things out. 

And on a side note, even while playing soft zone the majority of the game, and playing conservative our defensive line (without Anderson) was yet again impressive. 

I'm not panicing yet. 

We'll see how the D holds up next week against the Chargers lol.  I have a feeling it's going to be ugly, probably up to par with the Detroit game.  The D did a pretty good job and bending but not breaking but it wasn't really a valiant effort.  Denver put up almost 400 yards on them and they're really not known for being an offensive team.

27 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

That's kind of what im getting at. With the amount of starters not even playing on defense, it was still a game for the offense to lose. 

I thought we would have to protect the defense quite a bit in this game, but the D played their hearts out for whatever we had available. The offense let us down. The D gave us more than our fair share of opportunities. Key turnovers just ruined it all. Who's idea it was to keep Reitz one on one with Miller I do not know. Give the man some help!

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I thought we would have to protect the defense quite a bit in this game, but the D played their hearts out for whatever we had available. The offense let us down. The D gave us more than our fair share of opportunities. Key turnovers just ruined it all. Who's idea it was to keep Reitz one on one with Miller I do not know. Give the man some help!

I agree. Reitz was getting Luck killed and we didn't seem to give him much help.

2 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Yeah it sucks the team is 0-2 and most teams that are 0-2 only have like a 20% chance of making the post season. But that might have been the hardest game of the season right there, and with all the injuries the fact that is was still a game is kinda amazing.

Haven't played a divisional game yet, so that's good. SD JAX and CHI next. If they can win at least 2 of those games and head to Houston on SNF at 2-3, they should be in it.

Houston will smoke this team with those receivers and their defense

I'm an optimist but it's getting harder the more I watch this team.  It's not deep to begin with.  Now they are racked with injuries.  0-2?  We're used to that.  And they just played the defending Superbowl champ in their house.  How did we really think it was going to go?  But if they lose next week and go 0-3?  Man, I don't know if they can come back from that.  Not with the roster they currently have.  Not with the injuries they have.  And in case you haven't paid attention, SD will be coming in with some momentum.  I'm not feeling good about it right now.  Let's see if they even have 53 players in uniform that can play.

18 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

I'm not panicing yet. 

I would think our D coordinator and DB position coaches set up our secondary to perform as well as it did.
And Pagano let them do THEIR jobs.