Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

depression

OLD FAN MAN

1 hour ago, THE FUTURE IS NOW said:

I am in deep dark depression because I did not get to see the colts play their first preseason game. anyone else? I confess I am a colts addict. on the bright no colts were injured

Ah, keep your head up man.  I wouldn't be depressed about it, I'm really only @$*%(#ed off because I took PTO specifically for this.  Now I'm just sitting here drinking and binge watching Netflix.  Good reason to be ticked, but don't let it depress you.  I also see where your going with regards to a potential deteriorating condition of the NFL but it's still a great game and will be for a long time. 

It will be an interesting, hopefully exciting season.

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Ah, keep your head up man.  I wouldn't be depressed about it, I'm really only @$*%(#ed off because I took PTO specifically for this.  Now I'm just sitting here drinking and binge watching Netflix.  Good reason to be ticked, but don't let it depress you.  I also see where your going with regards to a potential deteriorating condition of the NFL but it's still a great game and will be for a long time. 

trying to get over it, miss the old days when they played in whatever conditions, because they loved the game

Just now, THE FUTURE IS NOW said:

trying to get over it, miss the old days when they played in whatever conditions, because they loved the game

Yeah I hear ya there but it sure as heck would suck for some of our players to get injured because they couldn't properly manage a field.  Not only could swamp thing rise from that field, it seems like it may have had other issues due to recent events there.  It was a sheer train wreck my friend.

7 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

I am watching Saw right now. I have seen it several times but it's been a while. It's on U-Verse Showtime.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am watching Saw right now. I have seen it several times but it's been a while. It's on U-Verse Showtime.

The first one was very good!  James Wan is my favorite modern horror director and he was only born in 1977 so he's still young.  He did Saw, both the Insidious movies, both the Conjuring movies, Death Sentence (awesome revenge flick with Kevin Bacon if you havn't seen it), and Dead Silence.  He's directing DCs new Aqua Man in 2018 apparently if your into super hero flicks.   

4 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

The first one was very good!  James Wan is my favorite modern horror director and he was only born in 1977 so he's still young.  He did Saw, both the Insidious movies, both the Conjuring movies, Death Sentence (awesome revenge flick with Kevin Bacon if you havn't seen it), and Dead Silence.  He's directing DCs new Aqua Man in 2018 apparently if your into super hero flicks.   

Yeah this a wild movie. What is your favorite Halloween movie?

Hah, yeah it is.  John Carpenters original classic, then the 2nd one that he didn't direct but wrote.  I didn't also dislike Rob Zombies vision of Michael Myers as much as many did.  If they were to make another Halloween movie I don't care who did it, how cheesy it was I'd definitely still watch it lol. 

6 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Hah, yeah it is.  John Carpenters original classic, then the 2nd one that he didn't direct but wrote.  I didn't also dislike Rob Zombies vision of Michael Myers as much as many did.  If they were to make another Halloween movie I don't care who did it, how cheesy it was I'd definitely still watch it lol. 

Yeah I actually loved Rob Zombies 1st Halloween and the very 1st 2 back in the 70's were excellent. What I liked about Rob's version was Myers was a giant and more intimidating.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I actually loved Rob Zombies 1st Halloween and the very 1st 2 back in the 70's were excellent. What I liked about Rob's version was Myers was a giant and more intimidating.

Ohh yeah he was he was the most intimidating Michael Myers of them all, I still think he lacked the scare appeal of the original one but was by far the most biggest and brutal. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know, the 1st 2 original Halloween's scared the crap out of me but I was young when I seen them.

Hah yeah the first one was absolutely terrifying.  When I was a little kid I can't really remember the situation but I was with some family, cousins, or even being babysat and we were watching Halloween.  They left briefly for a few a bit and the movie started playing out of the blue after being paused, probably a piece of crap VCR.  I tried to pause and turn off the movie.  I was button mashing everything on there and the darn movie didn't turn off.  I remember just cowering in fear as to why it wouldn't stop lol. 

Way off topic I know hahaha......

6 hours ago, THE FUTURE IS NOW said:

I am in deep dark depression because I did not get to see the colts play their first preseason game. anyone else? I confess I am a colts addict. on the bright no colts were injured

I feel ya buddy I too am a Colts addict & it really sucked this happened after such a long wait now we gotta wait a lil longer to see our Colts . 

But that field really sucked & the only thing worse would have been injuries because of playing on it while it dampens the spirit just think of last season how much that sucked to take a chance of injury to any of our Colts in a preseason game that means nothing & could effect the 2016 would have been unwise .

Canceling the game was a nobrainer , No one wins a Superbowl based on preseason games & that is the ultimate goal each & every year with 4 games left in this preseason we dodged a bullet we need all hands on deck this year can be special & we need to think long term  ,

Just think of this had we played what would it mean for the regular season ?

Would it help us win the AFC South ?  Which is the goal ..

The Texans have taken the division several times mostly because of injuries more than any other reason not because they were better 18 & 12 being injured allowed them IMO to have what has been pretty much owned by our COLTS can we afford to allow this to happen again for a preseason game , No sir 

2016 is gonna be special new coachs new players & a chance at the playoffs once again & it starts with winning the AFC South not a preseason game , So brighten up my friend we will see our Colts soon & it will be fun to watch ..:D           :applause:              :hat:

9 hours ago, THE FUTURE IS NOW said:

I am in depression because the old days of real football in any conditions are going away, because of money, contracts, and lawsuits.

Real football? You mean the personal fouls, career ending injuries, chop blocks, head slaps, kill the QB, linemen getting hit high and low, steroids, cocaine, speed, etc..etc..  ??

9 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Im glad neither of you said Halloween 3 was your favorite. I'm pretty sure that's punishable by lifetime ban of the forum....or at least it should be :D

13 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah I hear ya there but it sure as heck would suck for some of our players to get injured because they couldn't properly manage a field.  Not only could swamp thing rise from that field, it seems like it may have had other issues due to recent events there.  It was a sheer train wreck my friend.

I still can't get over how much of a mess that field was. Its completely asinine.

12 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Hah yeah the first one was absolutely terrifying.  When I was a little kid I can't really remember the situation but I was with some family, cousins, or even being babysat and we were watching Halloween.  They left briefly for a few a bit and the movie started playing out of the blue after being paused, probably a piece of crap VCR.  I tried to pause and turn off the movie.  I was button mashing everything on there and the darn movie didn't turn off.  I remember just cowering in fear as to why it wouldn't stop lol. 

Way off topic I know hahaha......

Not too off topic, that field was almost as terrifying as those Halloween movies.

14 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Yeah I think u had it right on the last part, at least nobody got hurt.  Hey, only 5 more days until the next one so not a long wait.  And now only 4 games like it should be anyway.....or should it be just 2?

I think they should have the same # of weeks practice with 2 games, but the league won't take the pay cut nor would the players. I think the resolution will be 2 Pre Season and 18 games eventually at the next Union negotiations.  

5 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

I think they should have the same # of weeks practice with 2 games, but the league won't take the pay cut nor would the players. I think the resolution will be 2 Pre Season and 18 games eventually at the next Union negotiations.  

I think you're going to be right.  That's what the NFL wants, and it would benefit the season ticket holders.  But the players consider it two extra games for the same pay.   It would bring in more revenue, so theoretically there would be bigger contracts.

The commish keeps saying they're getting paid to play the same number of games in both scenarios.  We all know the vets play maybe a total of 4 quarters in the four preseason games.  If they do go 18, they better expand the roster and the PS.

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

I think you're going to be right.  That's what the NFL wants, and it would benefit the season ticket holders.  But the players consider it two extra games for the same pay.   It would bring in more revenue, so theoretically there would be bigger contracts.

The commish keeps saying they're getting paid to play the same number of games in both scenarios.  We all know the vets play maybe a total of 4 quarters in the four preseason games.  If they do go 18, they better expand the roster and the PS.

I heard an idea somewhere that was actually intriguing.  Instead of making them play extra games, you limit each player to only 16 games meaning you have to sit out 2 games each season.  You could use a week where someone is dinged up and thus it's good not to make them play anyway., or you could give a healthy player an extra bye week.  It would mean you'd have to have a larger roster with a solid back up in every spot.  It would reward good teams who could rest their players late in the season while providing more parity which the league wants anyway.   It would retain all the relevance of NFL records since people wouldn't get 2 more games to add stats, (like what happened when they went to 16 games from 14) 

I think at the least it is interesting and a little radical, but moving the extra point was a good move, perhaps something like this would work.  It would really test coaching decision making.  

6 hours ago, JPFolks said:

I heard an idea somewhere that was actually intriguing.  Instead of making them play extra games, you limit each player to only 16 games meaning you have to sit out 2 games each season.  You could use a week where someone is dinged up and thus it's good not to make them play anyway., or you could give a healthy player an extra bye week.  It would mean you'd have to have a larger roster with a solid back up in every spot.  It would reward good teams who could rest their players late in the season while providing more parity which the league wants anyway.   It would retain all the relevance of NFL records since people wouldn't get 2 more games to add stats, (like what happened when they went to 16 games from 14) 

I think at the least it is interesting and a little radical, but moving the extra point was a good move, perhaps something like this would work.  It would really test coaching decision making.  

I just wonder if it would dilute the league?  Maybe not, but maybe so??

I would think it could definitely extend some player's careers, though.

Goodness, no.        No depression here.

I can wait another week to see how many favorite NFL team does.....

It's only the pre-season.

If you want real depression,  that's what this place will be if the Colts don't make the playoffs this year!

THEN you'll see some serious depression around here!     Me,  and pretty much everyone else!

But, THIS?!?       No.      Today is a nice Monday.     Life goes on......

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Goodness, no.        No depression here.

I can wait another week to see how many favorite NFL team does.....

It's only the pre-season.

If you want real depression,  that's what this place will be if the Colts don't make the playoffs this year!

THEN you'll see some serious depression around here!     Me,  and pretty much everyone else!

But, THIS?!?       No.      Today is a nice Monday.     Life goes on......

We will make the Playoffs if Andrew stays healthy but I feel your comment.