Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pro Football Focus top 150 prospects

This has been out 2 hours and I haven't seen anyone post it yet. Its one of the resources I used to make my own draft board along with watch games with my own eyes and reading scouting reports.

I have Wentz over Goff, Tunsil over Goff. One thing I found very interesting about the rankings is that they have Kevin Dodd as there 73rd rated prospect and most have him as a 1st round prospect. They will continue rankings up through draft week. This list is based on there grades over the last 2 seasons

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/04/07/draft-pff-draft-board-3-0-top-150-nfl-prospects/

I think that's probably the Big Board that most accurately portrays some of my thoughts.

One thing that stuck out for me but probably won't even register to most. I had Kevin Byard mocked to us in the 7th round as I've hardly seen his name mentioned by any of the professionalsite. They've got him down as the 57th best player. Guess that's my idea out of the window!

I also thought it was interesting they had Kelly at 42 and Martin at 45.  But at 17 right behind Stanley they had Whitehair.  I have seen Whitehair mocked to us on some boards.  If you like what PFF puts out then Whitehair would not be a reach at 18 but actually a very good pick in a position of need.  

I want to thank Gavin for posting this list.    Good info.

That said,  I don't understand how they came to stack the board in the way they did.    No grades posted,  and their random comments don't explain why one random guy is ranked 40th,  and another guy with more glowing comments is ranked 75th?     There's no rhyme or reason for their posting.     And some of them seem pretty strange to me.

Still...    more good info is helpful....   and this has good stuff....

A big thank-you to Gavin for this!

I love when alternate boards come out, because it shows you the difference of opinions, and just how wrong the mock drafts are, except for maybe the top 5 in many cases.

These are why people hear names and they say what a surprise, but if you know where to look.

Makes us not look quite as good if we go with Taylor Decker in the first, which I am hoping we don't, #58 on their list!

I would love to get Xavien Howard, Kamalei Correa, or Darrian Thompson in the third, and that is right where they have them going.

Was it not PFF who had Anderson last year as #1 on their board?

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I want to thank Gavin for posting this list.    Good info.

That said,  I don't understand how they came to stack the board in the way they did.    No grades posted,  and their random comments don't explain why one random guy is ranked 40th,  and another guy with more glowing comments is ranked 75th?     There's no rhyme or reason for their posting.     And some of them seem pretty strange to me.

Still...    more good info is helpful....   and this has good stuff....

I think I remember reading somewhere that they are selling a lot of their college data to NFL teams and it would not be available to just anyone.  I don't know if this has anything to do with not providing the data behind these rankings,  but figured I would toss it out as a possibility. 

What I find most remarkable here is that for a supposedly down year for wide receivers,  PFF's top 40 players include 8 wideouts (20%).  Two of them are ranked among the top ten players in this draft (Coleman and Doctson).  

Yet, Will Fuller, who some places have ranked as one of the top 3 WRs is at 71 and Tyler Boyd is at 95. 

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What I find most remarkable here is that for a supposedly down year for wide receivers,  PFF's top 40 players include 8 wideouts (20%).  Two of them are ranked among the top ten players in this draft (Coleman and Doctson).  

Yet, Will Fuller, who some places have ranked as one of the top 3 WRs is at 71 and Tyler Boyd is at 95. 

I'm sure I'm in the minority,  but this is my least favorite draft class of receivers I can remember in quite some time.....     the only player I have a crush on is....   Doctson.        The others, well,  not so much.   

If we spend a pick on a WR,  even a late round pick,  I suspect my BP will jump more than a few points!

7 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

That's good stuff. Yeah I also noticed C Martin only 3 spots behind Kelly.

Also noticed TE Jerell Adams, who I like is like 63rd. So he might go in the 2nd?

Adams reminds me of Jermaine Gresham, so he should be the first TE off the board after Henry.

Look at Gresham's draft profile coming out of college and you'll see what I'm talking about.

makes me wonder if they'll take a hard look at Devontae Booker--RB from Utah.

said he's a great zone runner and Colts look to be switching to a more zone oriented scheme.

and pairing Billings and Parry in rotation could be really nice.

also soooo many interior D lineman on their list too.

I've been less interested in what PFF has to say since they changed all their stats to these generic all encompassing 100 point scale and the run, pass, etc. rankings.  If I wanted that, I'd just look at whatever EA Sports puts on Madden at the start of the year...for free.