Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Tressel?/why Tressel Should Get The Job (Merge)

hoosiercoltsfan82

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He made it to title games didn't he. How many coaches can even say that?

His OSU teams got smashed the last few times in BCS bowl games.

I don't see why so many people think he'd even make a good OC. His offenses at OSU were the reasons the Buckeyes didn't win more bowl games. It was run on first, run on second, pass on third and long.

No THANKS!

His OSU teams got smashed the last few times in BCS bowl games.

I don't see why so many people think he'd even make a good OC. His offenses at OSU were the reasons the Buckeyes didn't win more bowl games. It was run on first, run on second, pass on third and long.

No THANKS!

Golly... do your homework and then .... come knocking.

Golly... do your homework and then .... come knocking.

Do I have to spell it out for you?

After going 4-1 in his first 5 bowl games, Tressel was 1-3 in his last 4.

2007 National Championship Game vs. Florida: LOST 41-14

2008 National Championship Game vs. LSU: LOST 38-24

2009 Fiesta Bowl vs. Texas: LOST 24-21

2010 Rose Bowl vs. Oregon: WON 26-17

I'm just addressing your comments. You say "The one thing that Jim Caldwell and Jim Tressel have in common is: No one is interested in them besides the Colts.... Notice no other franchises have even entertained the thought of.... Oh let's hire Tressel, or Oh let's hire Caldwell. The reason you don't hear that is because they suck. Everyone know this.. The rest of the NFL will ROTFL @ this....... End of Story...." I am simply pointing out that you have no idea if that is true or not. So why should I pay attention to anything that follows it? Simply back up what you say, and it's easier to put some validity into what you post. It's really that simple. It's nothing personal, although you continually seem to want to take it to that place.

Speaking of dumb and dumber...I type this as I take a break this afternoon from managing a million$$ annual business...you type as, let's see, you wake up at noon after staying out late drinking. See, it's easy to make comments like that. One really has nothing to do with the other. But at least my comment is based on fact...

Only insecure EhhHoles brag about how much money they have to make up for their other short comings.......................... BTW there's nothing wrong with celebrating a friends birthday...

Let me get this STRAIGHT...Caldwell was FIRED because he was a BAD nfl hc. (who didn't deserve the JOB in the first place) A MILD mannered man that was in over his head but was able to HIDE behind the GOAT for a couple of years. Once the GOAT went down, Caldwell was EXPOSED! Last I checked NOBODY is even throwing him a bone since he has been released by the Colts. NOW Tressel is the talk of the town but ONLY in Colts Nation (I WONDER why? :facepalm: ) as the POSSIBLE hc or oc. Tressel's offense at Ohio St stunk and will NOT translate to the NFL. Why do the Colts want ANOTHER conservative, boring, mild mannered coach when they ALREADY had Caldwell. I hope next week brings some GOOD news that ALL this Tressel talk is just that or the Colts are in BIG trouble if Jim is the BEST they can find. :nono:

If they hire Tressel after what he did at Ohio State, then we will know it was Polian who kept the team straight and not Irsay with regards to morals and ethics in the locker room. Ethics issues helped kill JoPa and Tressel is going to go from issues to one of the best jobs in the NFL in just a couple years. Say it isnt so!

It's amazing that they would even want to hire a coach like Jim Tressel who is very immoral with the rules and regulations. It would be like an NFL coach filming another teams signals to their advantage knowing it was illegal and the team keeping him on as headcoach because he wins!!

Yeah a team known as the Patriots with some guy named Bellichek does that..

Seriously some of you people are acting like he stole girl scout cookies or something. The guy turned a blind eye to his players recieving tatoos for memorbilia that they rightfully won. In the NFL, if players are selling memorbilia Tressel wouldn't be liable nor should he be. People act like hes some sort of immoral figure, acting as if they are holier than thou.

Jim Tressel has been characterized as boring, too conservative, and inexperienced at the NFL level by many on this board. Years ago, similar criticisms were made against a coach named Tom Landry. How did he turn out?

True.

Tressel brings the running game. He flat out grinds it out.

As Grigson said there are 600 possible candiates and this is the best Colts can come up with? I mean, 3 unemotional robots in a rww? caldwell and teseel basically same mo; this is just pathetic. Is Irsay afraid to hire someone with any sense of emotion and NFL awareness?

Grady and Big Joe both came out today and said they are "hearing" ... that Tress will in fact get the gig. And Christenson will be held over as OC..

DC?

I'm buying my Colts SweaterVest this thursday, completely stiched wth J.T.!

As far as DC, I'm not sure who they would bring in at this point. I doubt Zimmer would want to just up in leave Cinnci to come here in the same role.

Seriously some of you people are acting like he stole girl scout cookies or something. The guy turned a blind eye to his players recieving tatoos for memorbilia that they rightfully won. In the NFL, if players are selling memorbilia Tressel wouldn't be liable nor should he be. People act like hes some sort of immoral figure, acting as if they are holier than thou.

He didnt just turn a blind eye - he helped cover it up! THAT is where I have a problem with it.

He didnt just turn a blind eye - he helped cover it up! THAT is where I have a problem with it.

Dude theres coaches that have 10000x worse and some of them are even playing in a upcoming Super Bowl (not to name any names). Quit acting like we have to only hire spotless people and have some forgiveness. Its what all these morally, righteous people are saying we should do right?

My guess is most all of those who are using the immoral card, have a college football bias towards him first. Here would be my question, if we were to hire a head coach that everyone was happy with (like that is possible), and then found out at 10-0 that he claimed personal charges on his taxes, or paid an illegal immigrant to landscape his property, or used a friends handicapped placard in his car for convenient parking, would they be waiving the morality card then? My guess would be Hades no.

Just a question...say Tressel had not had the violations at Ohio State and was still the coach there would people be so against us hiring him? With that said would they just mostly be against hiring him because he was the head coach at Ohio State or for other reasons?

Personally I would be against it because I just don't think the track record of coaches making the jump from college to the NFL is very good at all unless they are someone like Jim Harbaugh who both coached and played at the NFL prior to becoming a Head Coach. The major success I can think of was Jimmy Johnson.

If you are willing to cover up tattoos and merchanidise sales, what else are you willing to cover up? The act shows a character flaw - plain and simple!

Aren't there sore feelings between Ohio State and the Hawkeyes?? Has Tressel beat the Hawkeyes and Kirk Ferentz out of some pretty big games right?

If you are willing to cover up tattoos and merchanidise sales, what else are you willing to cover up? The act shows a character flaw - plain and simple!

I think it's fair to ask whether Tressel's act meets the "leadership" test that Grigson has put out there, but your slippery-slope argument is weak.

Let me get this STRAIGHT...Caldwell was FIRED because he was a BAD nfl hc. (who didn't deserve the JOB in the first place) A MILD mannered man that was in over his head but was able to HIDE behind the GOAT for a couple of years. Once the GOAT went down, Caldwell was EXPOSED! Last I checked NOBODY is even throwing him a bone since he has been released by the Colts. NOW Tressel is the talk of the town but ONLY in Colts Nation (I WONDER why? :facepalm: ) as the POSSIBLE hc or oc. Tressel's offense at Ohio St stunk and will NOT translate to the NFL. Why do the Colts want ANOTHER conservative, boring, mild mannered coach when they ALREADY had Caldwell. I hope next week brings some GOOD news that ALL this Tressel talk is just that or the Colts are in BIG trouble if Jim is the BEST they can find. :nono:

To the BOLDED, I imagine it's PROBABLY because sometimes you GET a Jim Caldwell :( , but SOMETIMES you get a Chuck NOLL :lombardi:

Seriously, are you under the IMPRESSION that all coaches of similar DISPOSITION are equally as EFFECTIVE as others? Denny Green could get as EMOTIONAL on the SIDELINE as COWHER, but only ONE was really good at THEIR job. SOME conservative coaches have WON championships, SOME have FAILED. The IDEA that you cast ALL of them aside because of ONE is FOOLISH.

And why are we TYPING like THIS?

Some people are so hypocritical! It is really disgusting.

Bill Bellickick clearly cheated a while ago, there was speculation there were witnesses and even evidence, and the NFL dismissed this claims.

Michael Vick murdered dogs like there was no tomorrow and now it's forgotten.

This guy dodn't lie, but kept information he should've shared with his superiors, because his players were trading tattoos for shirts? and he is the antichrist? COM ON!

You and I know if this guy starts winning, it'll all be forgotten, everybody deserves a second chance, this guy did soething wrong, no question about it, but he was also a contributor to his community and his college, no one seems to remeber that, this is the world of victims, let's satanize someone because we need to destroy reputations and careers in order to feel better as judges.