Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CB Patrick Robinson visiting Colts tomorrow (Merge)

gnet550

If my math is right as well as Pro Football Focuses snap count for Robinson he gave up 2.3(Bad) yards per coverage snap last year(Which according to PFF measures the yardage conceded when a player is in primary coverage, on a per snap basis. You get that by dividing his snaps by total yards allowed. for comparison in 2014 he gave up 1.05 yards per coverage snap in 2014 https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/02/13/sig-stats-ypcs-cornerbacks/

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

If he is good enough to start, losing a comp pick would be worth it. Very doubtful you will get a starter with a comp pick.

Hmm if Fleener was projected to pull a 3rd or 4th I feel like there is some good value in those rounds. Especially considering that's where Grigson's gems have been at

1 minute ago, Moncrief said:

Hmm if Fleener was projected to pull a 3rd or 4th I feel like there is some good value in those rounds. Especially considering that's where Grigson's gems have been at

I understand that but getting a starter this year is better than a gamble next year.

26 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

No I'm talking about 3 years ago when we signed Toler, RJF, Walden, Thomas, Cherilous, ets. Smith signed for like 3/15. Very similar to Toler. Grimes and DRC each got 1 year deals. Dumervil was cheap. Only like 5 years, 25 million. and had a 17 sack season year before this one.

In all fairness going back three years and using hindsight is mute.

38 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

No I'm talking about 3 years ago when we signed Toler, RJF, Walden, Thomas, Cherilous, ets. Smith signed for like 3/15. Very similar to Toler. Grimes and DRC each got 1 year deals. Dumervil was cheap. Only like 5 years, 25 million. and had a 17 sack season year before this one.

I'm going off memory now....    so, I could easily be off....

But....

Grimes was coming off Achilies surgery....   I think DRC and his brother both have questionable reputations...  hard to deal with...     Dumervil was cheap,  but he's a rush OLB, isn't he?     With Mathis, where does he play?

If I'm wrong on this,  I'm sure someone will chime in, but that's my recollection...

I don't get the forums fetishes with comp picks. To even get a high one, you have to lose a high quality player. You're essentially trading a starter for a 3rd/4th pick......I get they can be traded but we're not gonna be the only team with comp picks and there's only so many to go around

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's why we didn't match for Freeman.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure resigning our own FA's wouldn't effect the outcome of comp picks awarded. Only counts for FA you sign off of other teams. So that wouldn't be correct

2 hours ago, Mjølner said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure resigning our own FA's wouldn't effect the outcome of comp picks awarded. Only counts for FA you sign off of other teams. So that wouldn't be correct

Well, actually resigning your own FAs does affect the outcome of comp picks.  Comp picks are determined by the UFAs that the team loses vs. UFAs that the team signs.  So by not re-signing Freeman, he now counts as an UFA that the team lost, along with Fleener and Lowery.  There were others as well but not likely anyone else that would affect the comp picks.  

I guess the word I would chose how I feel about this potential signing would be....indifferent. If we don't sign him people will be up in arms that Grigson "failed" again and isn't making enough offseason moves to help the team progress. On the other hand if the offer is too much then people will be angry that we didn't sign (insert player here) for that same deal....hopefully it makes sense for both parties. 

I think we'll end up signing him.  There's too many ties that make sense in this one.  Pagano likes players from Florida because he says they know how to play football down there, then you have the ties to his brother John Pagano.  Then you have the plus of having his former DB coach here and the obvious need we have for a #2 corner.  Grigs probably won't let the guy leave without getting a better contract in place than what Dallas is offering .

44 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

I guess the word I would chose how I feel about this potential signing would be....indifferent. If we don't sign him people will be up in arms that Grigson "failed" again and isn't making enough offseason moves to help the team progress. On the other hand if the offer is too much then people will be angry that we didn't sign (insert player here) for that same deal....hopefully it makes sense for both parties. 

Where/When/How did you locate the definition of the forum? 

34 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would be very surprised if we did not end up signing him.  I think he's a perfect fit and having his former DB coach here should help immensely.  If we don't sign a FA OL it's looking more likely than not that our 1st. pick will be OL. 

Former DB coach could be a plus, but he only coached him for one season in SD correct?

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I think we'll end up signing him.  There's too many ties that make sense in this one.  Pagano likes players from Florida because he says they know how to play football down there, then you have the ties to his brother John Pagano.  Then you have the plus of having his former DB coach here and the obvious need we have for a #2 corner.  Grigs probably won't let the guy leave without getting a better contract in place than what Dallas is offering .

Just as many here have given their blessing on this CB, I too, would seem to think this makes sense. Another notch filled on the defensive side of the ball. It certainly couldn't hurt judging by his play & tenure with N.O. & S.D. To me, that would leave a couple of spots for the draft if they're determined BPA at #18 & beyond, which IMO could wind up being a LB & OL. Possibly an OLB in later rounds.

Like OPC said. If Smith omes around we should have a very good group of CB's. Hopefully Smith beats out Butler and becomes a solid nickel corner, and the very average Butler falls down to the 4th corner on the depth chart. Don't know what happened with Butler. He was a pretty good nickel for a couple years.

7 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Like OPC said. If Smith omes around we should have a very good group of CB's. Hopefully Smith beats out Butler and becomes a solid nickel corner, and the very average Butler falls down to the 4th corner on the depth chart. Don't know what happened with Butler. He was a pretty good nickel for a couple years.

Wear and tear

1 hour ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Most definitely...I am also hoping that Tevin Mitchell can be a nice depth player at CB?

I wouldn't count on mitchel or anything (did he even get on the field last year?), but he apparently has some good upside potential.  I havent' followed him all that much though.  

52 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Lack of pass rush none of our CBs looked as good without Mathis putting up huge sack numbers . Even Toler looked decent when Qbs were looking over there shoulder to see where Mathis was coming from .

4 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I wouldn't count on mitchel or anything (did he even get on the field last year?), but he apparently has some good upside potential.  I havent' followed him all that much though.  

4 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I am hopeful that he is fully recovered from the injury that kept him out last season. He has potential but like you said he needs to be healthy to show it...lets hope this is the case? Here is a blurb about him when we claimed him:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/07/colts-claim-tevin-mitchel-off-waivers-despite-shoulder-injury/

Edit: Sorry for the double quotes...doh!

9 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I am hopeful that he is fully recovered from the injury that kept him out last season. He has potential but like you said he needs to be healthy to show it...lets hope this is the case? Here is a blurb about him when we claimed him:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/07/colts-claim-tevin-mitchel-off-waivers-despite-shoulder-injury/

Edit: Sorry for the double quotes...doh!

Yeah, from what I've heard, he could top out as a subpackage CB, which would of course be welcome if he can stay healthy.

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

Yeah, from what I've heard, he could top out as a subpackage CB, which would of course be welcome if he can stay healthy.

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

Damn double quotes! Lol, yes that is likely his ceiling and if you take into consideration that Indy was looking at him in the 6th round but Washington drafted him prior to Indy's pick...Indy basically acquired an additional 6th rounder without trading for it. If he pans out as even the #5 CB on the roster, it was a wise move?

11 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Damn double quotes! Lol, yes that is likely his ceiling and if you take into consideration that Indy was looking at him in the 6th round but Washington drafted him prior to Indy's pick...Indy basically acquired an additional 6th rounder without trading for it. If he pans out as even the #5 CB on the roster, it was a wise move?

ron.jpg

". . . it was a wise move?"

37 minutes ago, B~Town said:

Lack of pass rush none of our CBs looked as good without Mathis putting up huge sack numbers . Even Toler looked decent when Qbs were looking over there shoulder to see where Mathis was coming from .

We can get a pass rusher in the draft. But you're right. If you have a good pass rush, and a good set of CB's then you should have a pretty good defense.