Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 guys Colts need to sign NOW...

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

1) Casey Hayward CB

2) Tony Jefferson S ( Cards have him tender at 1.2 Mil currently )... Surely we can afford that

if these 2 players are signed our secondary is taken care of completely

No thanks to Heyeard He's going to get about 8m a year and the back end won't be solid until he's in the slot Tbe position he is best at.  Il think he can hold down the outside but ideally he's in the slot.

We need to sign a vet to a one year deal. You know Cromarte is dying for a 1 yr deal after he stunk it up last year. His age is a problem but I could see him pouncing back.   A guy like Gay. would do. The highest I'd go up the food chain is Powers. I just wouldn't pay what CB' are getting on the open market.

Sign the vet draft our outside guy. Next year we have Smith in the slot the rookie across from Davis 

2 hours ago, GoColts00 said:

Hayward is good , but I think D'Joun Smith takes the spot left by Toler. Smith ran a 4.37 40-yard dash and he's a good tackler. He needs to be on the field.

Geathers will take Lowery's spot.

Even if that happens I think someone will be brought in to compete

5 hours ago, Pat Beach 81 said:

but I don't think we need to sign someone that's already tendered.  Wouldn't that cost us a draft pick?  

Jefferson has a low tender. The Cards have the right to match whatever offer he receives, but if they don't, there's no compensation for them. 

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

And you project smith as a starter based on the stellar rookie season he had? :sarcasm:

Honestly don't care for his rookie season he was hurt from the start id rather him be thrown into the fire and LEARN unlike how we had an experienced vet who seemed to play like its his first game every week. We drafted him early to play he has the intensity to want to be great if give him a chance and keep butler in the slot since WE KNOW butler can't handle the outside 

On 3/12/2016 at 10:59 PM, Nesjan3 said:

Casey Hayward is looking for for too much money, GB almost always holds on too their own guys they drafted so if they are not paying him then thats got to mean something, im willing to bet Grigson doesnt sign anybody 

He signed for a little more than 5mil/year... So how is asking for too much money??

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000644094/article/casey-hayward-signing-with-san-diego-chargers 

I would love for us to pick up a few players for at least depth but it appears that Grigson was not lying about doing little to nothing this year.  Not a bad plan either IMO because when healthy and with the new D and Offense we have some players that could pan out.  I think the draft will be vital but we should add another 3 solid players starting immediately hopefully.  Grab a CB and a Rush LB.  Add a C plus some d/o-line depth. 

7 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

He signed for a little more than 5mil/year... So how is asking for too much money??

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000644094/article/casey-hayward-signing-with-san-diego-chargers 

it was originally reported he was looking for 8, obviously nobody would pay that, and to elaborate on what i sayd, if GB didnt keep their own guy for 5 mil a year than obviously something is up cause they keep the guys they drafted almost all the time, im happy we didnt sign him