Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Charles johnson released 11.5m in cap space freed

8 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Now Carolina doesn't have any EDGE rusher on the roster that can be a game changer. I bet they sign somebody else and draft a EDGE rusher too.

Did you see what Ealy did in the Super Bowl? If the Panthers had won, he would have been MVP. He looks ready to break out.

But I bet they draft Ogbah in the 1st and pair them up. That would be ridiculous.

17 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Did you see what Ealy did in the Super Bowl? If the Panthers had won, he would have been MVP. He looks ready to break out.

But I bet they draft Ogbah in the 1st and pair them up. That would be ridiculous.

Yeah he looked great, I don't know why but he completely slipped my mind LOL. But you're right. He is a break out candidate next season. They still need to bring in a guy to pair with him though. And ywah He and Ogbah would be killer.

15 minutes ago, BOTT said:

What need is bigger than a pass rusher?

Should of re-worded what I posted. Agree with @SaturdayAllDay. Not a scheme fit and lacked pass rushing skills this past season at the DE spot. He will command money that the Colts cannot afford if they want to get better at the NT, ILB, FS, and CB position.

20 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Nothing but we can solve a few issues with the money he will command.  Not to mention he's not a scheme fit for us. 

Thats been the thinking the last few years...

7 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Thats been the thinking the last few years...

The problem has been signing inferior talent. With the money Johnson will command, we can get two impact starters in different positions. Would you rather have a starting RG And resign a player like Freeman? Or do we panic and sign a player who doesn't fit our system and probably won't be as effective as he's worth anyways. THAT is the kind of thinking that almost never pans out and cripples a franchise (see Washington after the Haynesworth debacle). 

1 hour ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

The problem has been signing inferior talent. With the money Johnson will command, we can get two impact starters in different positions. Would you rather have a starting RG And resign a player like Freeman? Or do we panic and sign a player who doesn't fit our system and probably won't be as effective as he's worth anyways. THAT is the kind of thinking that almost never pans out and cripples a franchise (see Washington after the Haynesworth debacle). 

Well, the same guy who signed the mediocre talent is still in charge....so I'm not that optimistic about his ability to fill multiple holes.

the colts, if they desire to, can find a RG, sign freeman, and still sign Johnson.

by the way, I never advocated signing Johnson....just that pass rusher is a huge need.

6 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Well, the same guy who signed the mediocre talent is still in charge....so I'm not that optimistic about his ability to fill multiple holes.

the colts, if they desire to, can find a RG, sign freeman, and still sign Johnson.

by the way, I never advocated signing Johnson....just that pass rusher is a huge need.

First off, I apologize for assuming you were for signing CJ (I'm sure you can understand the confusion considering the original post). My bad. 

I agree pass rusher is a huge need, arguably the biggest need. I just don't want us spending money on players that don't fit what we do. 

I'm not very confident in grigson either tbh but we're stuck with him.  I hope that Pagano has a little more say this time around so that he can actually have players that fit his scheme. 

10 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

First off, I apologize for assuming you were for signing CJ (I'm sure you can understand the confusion considering the original post). My bad. 

I agree pass rusher is a huge need, arguably the biggest need. I just don't want us spending money on players that don't fit what we do. 

I'm not very confident in grigson either tbh but we're stuck with him.  I hope that Pagano has a little more say this time around so that he can actually have players that fit his scheme. 

No need to apologize.

We are pretty much in agreement