Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So...who Will Win Mvp?

bap1331

The two possible candidates were Aaron Rodgers and Drew brees. They are not certainly not in the playoff picture. Do they still win? No doubt Tom Brady will probably get it...hope not. But I smell Peyton for MVP. Hopefully if Tom Brady loses next week. Because if you think about it. The 49ers, Ravens, and Giants are all well rounded teams. No one particularly stands out. Except for Eli but his team went 9-7

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two possible candidates were Aaron Rodgers and Drew brees. They are not certainly not in the playoff picture. Do they still win? No doubt Tom Brady will probably get it...hope not. But I smell Peyton for MVP. Hopefully if Tom Brady loses next week. Because if you think about it. The 49ers, Ravens, and Giants are all well rounded teams. No one particularly stands out. Except for Eli but his team went 9-7

Aaron Rodgers....

I think its a regular season award..

Rodgers will have about 90%. Brees about 8-10%, and Manning might get a vote if an AP voter wants to prove a point.

I think you are right on the money (with this one ;) ). Brees may get a little more, and Brady may get something, but a dominant QB on a dominant offensive minded team is very likely to dominate the voting. Unless it was clear that Brady or Brees had more to do with their respective teams success (which it is not), the voting should be a slam dunk.

Rodgers tailed off a bit while Brees came on strong toward the end of the year, but I think Rodgers still takes this one.

And as someone else said, the votes are in already and the award is based on regular-season performance.

Which would be consistent with the fact that most of the time, the league MVP does not walk away with a Super Bowl win. I think the last time it happened was Kurt Warner and that was more than 10 years ago now.

Brady. He is the only one that truly deserves this.

I am the biggest Brady and Pats hater in the world. But he deserves it more than Rogers and Brees combined. NE has nobody, it's all Brady.

GB and NO has great players that make their QB's better.

Brady is like Manning, making a pedestrian team winners. This was not the case with Brady in the past as he always had great teams around him, but this year he truly won my respect by taking a sub-par team this far.

I am the biggest Brady and Pats hater in the world. But he deserves it more than Rogers and Brees combined. NE has nobody, it's all Brady.

Brady is like Manning, making a pedestrian team winners. This was not the case with Brady in the past as he always had great teams around him, but this year he truly won my respect by taking a sub-par team this far.

NE has nobody?

at the tight end position?

and your point? Brady is the reason those TE's are doing anything.

Put Gronk with a QB like Painter or Collins and he becomes what happened to Dallas Clark. he becomes a NOBODY.

Jacob Tamme ring a bell? Also, the Patriots have a shifty machine in Wes Welker. How'd you forget him? Plus, they have a top 3 passing o-line yet again. When you have time in the pocket, the completion rate goes up much higher.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Peyton showed this year that he is the MVP...with him 10 wins at min, playoff spot...without...well we saw what happen...

But really..it should be a co-year...Rodgers and Brees...but it woan't be...it's Rodgers.

The Colts only won 10 games last year, and were trending downward, so I completely disagree with you.

The Colts were an 8-game winner at max this season.

Brady has nobody? So Welker, Gronk, Hernandez and Branch are nobodys? Thats not even mentioning the best Oline in football that he plays behind. The team is loaded with talent.

The Colts only won 10 games last year, and were trending downward, so I completely disagree with you.

The Colts were an 8-game winner at max this season.

There is no evidence of that at all. They had major injuries across the receiving corps in 2010.

With Manning they would have won at least 11 games in 2011

Brady has nobody? So Welker, Gronk, Hernandez and Branch are nobodys? Thats not even mentioning the best Oline in football that he plays behind. The team is loaded with talent.

The Patriots' O-line was the 9th (or maybe 7th) ranked O-line in the NFL this year based on protection. Not the first. It's a great O-line, but Brady's ability to get rid of the ball, to know right where his target will be, etc., is a large part of why that O-line looks so good.

There is no evidence of that at all. They had major injuries across the receiving corps in 2010.

With Manning they would have won at least 11 games in 2011

Funny how you only focus on the offense.

The Colts' defense was atrocious this year. The d-line became worse, the LBs are nothing impressive, and the secondary was shredded almost every game.

Aaron Rodgers, even though Sean Payton, the stat monger, had Brees long enough in the last game to throw 5 more TDs to get to 46 TDs over Rodgers' 44 TDs (though Rodgers sat out one entire game) :). Maybe Sean Payton was desperately trying to make a case for Brees' MVP ballot???

The Colts' defense was atrocious this year. The d-line became worse, the LBs are nothing impressive, and the secondary was shredded almost every game.

The defense was on the field for like close to 40 minutes a game. Of course they would have had bad numbers. There was improvement to the Colts defense. It was overshadowed though by lack of offensive play.

Manning's absence hurt the defense nearly as much as it did the offense

3rd Down % dropped over 10% over a typical Manning year, and it's even mor drastic when you compare it to say the last 5.

We went from the best red zone offense to the one of the worst. For example we had 38 trips to the red zone in 2011. In 2012, we had 38 red zone scores.

TOP: An already low # gets lowed even more, and puts an even larger strain on the defense. Longer drives, a higher 3rd down conversion rate would have given the defense more time on the sideline to recover.

Sacks allowed more than doubled which obviously contributed to longer/harder 3rd down conversions, but that has more to do with the Painter having the pocket presence of Ray Charles more than the OL. Manning would have continued to get rid of the ball as he normally does.

We had in increase in fumbles, which results in a turnover or a blown play which leads to longer 3rd down conversions. A lot of those came from the QB position.

The special teams certainly didn't help matters in the field position game, when we were dead last IN yards per return in both punts and kickoffs. If Manning isn't getting points out of a drive he should be able to help flip the field more times than not.

I'm sure our drive stats would pale in comparison to years past, with fewer yards, points, etc per drive, a larger % of 3 & out's.

We easily were as 10-13 win team with a healthy Manning and that is including Manning having to overcome the worst head coach in the NFL and the worst coaching staff in the NFL.

So yes while our defense sucked, our offense didn't do them many if any favors this year.

that is correct. They are nobody.

Have PM throw to Dallas and he is the best TE in the NFL. Have Painter throw to Dallas and he is a pedestrian TE.

Have PM throw to Tamme and he is all of a sudden a star.

Have Brady throw to Gronk and Hernandez and they are Stars.

Ship Welker back to Miami and he becomes a nobody again. He was a nobody, he will always be a nobody.

So yes, Brady should be MVP because he has no one on that team. He is like Peyton Manning, he is a GOAT.

In the past Brady had great D and had decent players. This is not the case these days.

P.S Welker is a nobody. Did I mention that btw?

Have PM throw to Dallas and he is the best TE in the NFL. Have Painter throw to Dallas and he is a pedestrian TE.

Ship Welker back to Miami and he becomes a nobody again. He was a nobody, he will always be a nobody.

So yes, Brady should be MVP because he has no one on that team. He is like Peyton Manning, he is a GOAT.

In the past Brady had great D and had decent players. This is not the case these days.

Brady has arguably a Top 5 receiving core.

Welker would shine anywhere now. He was shipped to NE after 3 seasons after being undrafted. His first he only saw the field on ST. Which is typical for a undrafted player, 2nd he had nearly 500 receiving yards and 3rd almost 700. Pats got him not because he was a no name, but because they believed he was about to break out. Which he did.

Welker would shine anywhere now. He was shipped to NE after 3 seasons after being undrafted. His first he only saw the field on ST. Which is typical for a undrafted player, 2nd he had nearly 500 receiving yards and 3rd almost 700. Pats got him not because he was a no name, but because they believed he was about to break out. Which he did.

put him back to Miami and you will see the truth.

he is a nobody. Just accept that.