Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England @ Denver (Gday/Post Game - Merged)

oldunclemark

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

So I guess most of the so called experts were wrong?   Manning is washed up? Brady cant be stopped because he is mad at the world? Belichick is a genius? New England is healthy? Did I miss any?

That about covers it, CC

Oh, yeah.///and he always loses in the playoffs..that one, too

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So I guess most of the so called experts were wrong?   Manning is washed up? Brady cant be stopped because he is mad at the world? Belichick is a genius? New England is healthy? Did I miss any?

Gronk is unstoppable.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

The computers were right. Nate Silver and Fivethirtyeight predicted a Broncos win. They said Denver had a 59% chance to win.  

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2015-nfl-predictions/

Just now, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I could have sworn Brady through a pick on that 2pt conversion? 

You are right but why was that guy running with the football after the intercept and the other guy returning the onsides kick?  That is almost daring the football gods to give you a fumble.  Just down the football!

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

The computers were right. Nate Silver and Fivethirtyeight predicted a Broncos win. They said Denver had a 59% chance to win.  

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2015-nfl-predictions/

I saw this, he has Carolina as the odds faves. I saw this weeks ago.......his only one wrong was the Steelers beating Cincy.

I don't know how he comes up with all of this either but over the years he has been pretty good outside of sports as well.

I find it interesting to follow with Nate Silver but I won't bet on his stuff either.

Just now, Blue Horseshoe said:

You are right but why was that guy running with the football after the intercept and the other guy returning the onsides kick?  That is almost daring the football gods to give you a fumble.  Just down the football!

If he takes it all the way back, they get two points.

20 minutes ago, Jules said:

Ugh leave them all alone. Don't care so much about what they all think or say all the time.

Enjoy the win and the trip to the SB.

I am the only one all week that predicted this (sarcasm) Believe me they would be here if I was wrong. I back up my talk and know my Football. Maybe those people over at ESPN need a new job haha 

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If you like defense, this was the game for you. Game balls should go to the relentless Denver pass rush and entire D, they played their hearts out as Peyton was just hanging on by a thread.

Broncos botched offensive execution time after time after time, it was not even funny to quote them all. Calling a sweep on 3rd and 1 while calling a between the tackles later in the game on 3rd and 1 (having learnt their lesson that you call a sweep with Hillman and not Anderson???), Sanders stopping on a double move that Peyton could not connect before the half (2nd qtr. FG), Norwood not running full pace (something that Dallas Clark would have done) on that seam route that could have gone for another TD (4th qtr. FG), too many to count. Same with the Patriots - all the mismatches Brady had with RBs that he could not completely connect vs LBs on James White etc.

The main difference were the 2 TDs to Owen Daniels early on that the Patriots fell asleep on and a missed PAT by Gostkowski that proved to be costly later. Both teams had calls go their way, I thought and I have never seen a set of outside wide outs like Sanders and DT unable to beat press coverage even if it was not Revis and Browner, they just do not know when to cut their routes short, it was awful offensive football to watch.

I am happy for Peyton but if they play like this offensively vs the NFC team, I am sorry, it is going to be another SB loss for the Broncos unless their D repeats today's performance.

Maybe there is something you are overlooking? Have ether one of those NFC teams beat any team that has a defense as good as Denver does? They got pressure on Brady with 3 or 4 rushers all day.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am the only one all week that predicted this (sarcasm) Believe me they would be here if I was wrong. I back up my talk and know my Football. Maybe those people over at ESPN need a new job haha 

Pretty bad showing by the analysts I agree with that all week long.

I will give you mad props too since you called this all year. I wasn't even sure Peyton would be back but man my Steelers let me down. lmao 

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe there is something you are overlooking? Have ether one of those NFC teams beat any team that has a defense as good as Denver does? They got pressure on Brady with 3 or 4 rushers all day.

Well, Cardinals beat the Seahawks once and Panthers beat the Seahawks twice. I think that qualifies plenty close enough. Panthers scored 27 on the road vs Seahawks and 31 at home vs the Seahawks. Cardinals scored 39 on the road vs Seahawks. Those are explosive offenses, more explosive than the Patriots but are small market teams and don't get the notoriety that the Patriots.

I'm just absolutely shocked the Patriots didn't get the onside kick, throw a quick 20 yard pass out of bounds and win the game with a last second field goal.  I'm just absolutely dumbfounded by it.  With all the luck they have, that should've been a fairly easy thing to accomplish.  

Just now, Jules said:

Pretty bad showing by the analysts I agree with that all week long.

I will give you mad props too since you called this all year. I wasn't even sure Peyton would be back but man my Steelers let me down. lmao 

Thanks, I am just having a little fun now and really am a humble guy. I was just sick of everyone dissing Peyton and I just always felt that Defense is the best by far.

Just now, Blue Horseshoe said:

I meant 2 pt conversion

That is probably true, but there didn't seem to be anyone around him when he did pick off the pass.  He should have secured it better or just slid when he got into traffic.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You did say it...

....I cant wait until Deion and Michael Irvin get to comment....

..so many said Peyton was done..and he's the last (AFC) man standing

24 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I believe this makes Peyton the only QB in NFL history to make it to the Super Bowl twice with two separate teams.

Pats lose, Brady gets hit a lot, Peyton wins....this is a good day.  "But Peyton's gonna get blown out...no arm...career done..."

Peyton is 3-1 vs. Brady is AFCCGs

3-2 all time vs Brady in playoffs.

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

YES SIR! YES SIR! I called it, where you at Pats fans! Call Peyton a choker now.

Oh, how I love it so! :) That makes it 3-1 against Brady & the Paties via Peyton Manning.

WOW! What an "underperformance" (people from the Wayne/Manning thread) today!

Who's first to take a spoonful of dirt?

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

YES SIR! YES SIR! I called it, where you at Pats fans! Call Peyton a choker now.

Oh, how I love it so! :) That makes it 3-1 against Brady & the Paties via Peyton Manning.

WOW! What an "underperformance" (people from the Wayne/Manning thread) today!

Who's first to take a spoonful of dirt?