Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England @ Denver (Gday/Post Game - Merged)

oldunclemark

3:05 EST  Jim Nantz, Phil Simms and Tracy Wolfson on CBS..over-under 44.5

mid-40s and cloudy (chance of rain by the second half)   10 MPH wind...(The weather will change during the game)

QBTom Brady (402 of 624, 4,770 yards, 36 TDs, 7 INTs) threw for 3 more TDs last week against KC

His big mna is TE Rob Gronkowski (72 catches, 1,176 yards) who has cauht TD passes in 4 playoff games in a row

The key to the Pats is rug-rat wideouts Danny Amendola (65 catches, 648 yards) and Danny Edelman (61 catches, 692 yards) Edelman caught 10 last week against KC and Amendola had an 82-yard punt return

During the regular season , NE ran the ball 383 times and passed 629 times.

Last week they gained 38 yards on 14 carries against KC. Brady was 28 of 42 for 302 yards.

Pats has 16 people on the injury report but its likely that that's just a con. None of them are probably hurt at all....the  biggest question being LB Jamie Collins

Pats have 49 QB sacks and kicker Steve Gotskowski led the entire NFL in in with 151 points.

Denver's Peyton Manning was 21 of 37 last week for O TDs and ) INTs.... He is said to be having a bad season but he has led the Broncos from behind to win 5 times this season including last week against Pittsburgh.

If the weather is bad, Denver will rely on young runners Ronnie Hillman (207, 863 yards) and CJ Anderson (1523 carries, 7230 yards). Hillman has fumbled in Denver's last 2 games.

1000-yard WRs Emmauel Sanders (76 for 1,135) and Demariyus Thomas (105 catches, 1,304 yards) will eventually have to go deep

TE Owen Daniels (46 catches, 517 yards) has gotten better as the season has gone on.

Denver is the No1 defensive team in the NFL and has 52 QB sacks including 11 by Von Miller.

Denver is field goal heaven and Bronco kicker Jim McManus booted 5 field goals last week.

CB Chris Harris has a bad shoulder and probably will not play much because he cant tackle very well

The 17th meeting of 'The Sherriff' and 'Shady' Tom Brady will be close.

13 of Denver's 17 games have been decided by 7 points or less. So the best  bet here is Denver getting 3 1/2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Harris is going to go as long as he can...they say...

I did not realize that Harris and DeMarcus Ware have never played in a conference title game until now.

No one has said this but I expect Emmanuel Sanders to run back punts..

NE's going to go with 5 receivers split out to keep Denver from blitzing so much

I think the Pats will dare Peyton to beat them deep and he'll take that challenge.

And I'm confident that there will come a time in the game when Kubiak tells Peyton.

Okay, its close. Go do what you do....

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Chris Harris is going to go as long as he can...they say...

I did not realize that Harris and DeMarcus Ware have never played in a conference title game until now.

No one has said this but I expect Emmanuel Sanders to run back punts..

NE's going to go with 5 receivers split out to keep Denver from blitzing so much

I think the Pats will dare Peyton to beat them deep and he'll take that challenge.

And I'm confident that there will come a time in the game when Kubiak tells Peyton.

Okay, its close. Go do what you do....

I think it's hilarious how the media and most Pats fans think Peyton cant throw deep. Denver has them fooled, I keep trying to tell people this but all they say is 17 INT's and he is now a noodle arm. Peyton looked healthy for a change last week and actually had some zip on the ball. Don't be surprised if Sanders or Thomas has a TD on a deep throw early to set the tone.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think it's hilarious how the media and most Pats fans think Peyton cant throw deep. Denver has them fooled, I keep trying to tell people this but all they say is 17 INT's and he is now a noodle arm. Peyton looked healthy for a change last week and actually had some zip on the ball. Don't be surprised if Sanders or Thomas has a TD on a deep throw early to set the tone.

I could not agree more.  Last week Peyton threw a deep 'post' pattern ( I believe) to Demariyus Thomas down the middle of the field and overthrew him by about 2 feet.

He threw the ball 50 yards...DT just didn't get there.

I wonder how many actually watch all the games and not just the highlights..

This is what Denver has wanted. One game at home with Peyton healthy. The whole season was am effort to get to this point. I'm sure the Pats feel the same way...but the game is in Denver..

I dont think Brady will move the ball better than Big Ben did..

The Bronco skill players have to catch and hold the ball..might come down to that

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I could not agree more.  Last week Peyton threw a deep 'post' pattern ( I believe) to Demariyus Thomas down the middle of the field and overthrew him by about 2 feet.

He threw the ball 50 yards...DT just didn't get there.

I wonder how many actually watch all the games and not just the highlights..

This is what Denver has wanted. One game at home with Peyton healthy. The whole season was am effort to get to this point. I'm sure the Pats feel the same way...but the game is in Denver..

I dont think Brady will move the ball better than Big Ben did..

The Bronco skill players have to catch and hold the ball..might come down to that

I don't think 90% of these people watched the whole game. I did and Peyton looked Good. He would've had 300 Yards had it not been for the drop balls and yes you are right that pass to DT was around 50 Yards, just barely off. I just really want to see Deion Sanders cringe if Peyton wins this game, the dude bashes Peyton non-stop.

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think 90% of these people watched the whole game. I did and Peyton looked Good. He would've had 300 Yards had it not been for the drop balls and yes you are right that pass to DT was around 50 Yards, just barely off. I just really want to see Deion Sanders cringe if Peyton wins this game, the dude bashes Peyton non-stop.

I don't know exactly what it is with Deion and Michael Irvin but they clearly aren't fans of Peyton and weren't two years ago when he broke every record. It will be interesting to hear their analysis of this game Sunday.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Looks like the temp may reach 50..and rain is now unlikely until after the game

Not sure if I'll be joining in the gameday discussion today.   It depends on how much company I have during the game..  But I'll be with you in spirit.  Go Broncos...

18 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Not sure if I'll be joining in the gameday discussion today.   It depends on how much company I have during the game..  But I'll be with you in spirit.  Go Broncos...

I may just watch the first half and then jump back up here. Not sure yet

Reggie is on the NFL Channel. Everyone on the panel agree's this game is much bigger for Peyton's legacy than it is Tom's. Tom has nothing to prove, he already has won 4 SB's and most think he is the GOAT anyway. Peyton is regarded as a Playoff choker by tons of people but a 2nd Ring would eliminate all of that talk. Eli having 2 Rings to his 1 doesn't look good either.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reggie is on the NFL Channel. Everyone on the panel agree's this game is much bigger for Peyton's legacy than it is Tom's. Tom has nothing to prove, he already has won 4 SB's and most think he is the GOAT anyway. Peyton is regarded as a Playoff choker by tons of people but a 2nd Ring would eliminate all of that talk. Eli having 2 Rings to his 1 doesn't look good either.

Well put .

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I also think Peyton would like to play beyond this year.

To do that..he has to play well AND win today...I agree with Reggie.  MUCH more at stake for Peyton

This game is much bigger for Peyton. Tom still probably has 2 or 3 more years to get #5. I think this is it for Peyton.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I also think Peyton would like to play beyond this year.

To do that..he has to play well AND win today...I agree with Reggie.  MUCH more at stake for Peyton

Would love to see Peyton get this , however don't think it in his best interest to play beyond. He gets another ring please retire . Don't think his body will handle another season.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Would love to see Peyton get this , however don't think it in his best interest to play beyond. He gets another ring please retire . Don't think his body will handle another season.

I think if he wins it all, it would be the most awesome to go out. It would put him over .500 in the Playoffs at 14-13 and he would join an elite group with his 2nd Ring. Not only that he will be the only QB in NFL History to win a SB on 2 different teams as a starter. He would match his brother in Rings and still has his 5 MVP's to brag about as well.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, this is a cross the board generic summation of how these two are evaluated. I get it. But man, it just isn't that way in my book. Most NFL fans & the general public have no idea of what Peyton has accomplished without very good to great defenses. I know I tout this repeatedly, but it's the truth of it. You take away Brady's defenses since 2001? Whata ya have? 

I can't even begin to imagine how many VLs Peyton & the Colts would have if not for mediocre defense? I highly doubt Brady & the Patriots would have as many with par defenses.

5 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

In the longrun, Brady vs Manning is overrated to me but the heat is on for this one. Have a good game boys.

5 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

In the longrun, Brady vs Manning is overrated to me but the heat is on for this one. Have a good game boys.

Unfotunately, you're correct BC! Manning & Brady are two great QBs. Why can't most see it that way instead of this stupid illogical kindergarten argument is beyond me. I get it, though. If you compare the two, you have to compare them on an equal plain of status, team wise. Brady has enjoyed the better "teams" overall. It's just that way. You put Peyton behind all the Patriot teams since 2001? Mercy. It would be frightening. He eclipses Tom by quite a bit IMO.

11 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Unfotunately, you're correct BC! Manning & Brady are two great QBs. Why can't most see it that way instead of this stupid illogical kindergarten argument is beyond me. I get it, though. If you compare the two, you have to compare them on an equal plain of status, team wise. Brady has enjoyed the better "teams" overall. It's just that way. You put Peyton behind all the Patriot teams since 2001? Mercy. It would be frightening. He eclipses Tom by quite a bit IMO.

What if Peyton had Belichik as coach all these years, Its Belichik he has chess matches with, not Brady

Brady reaps the benefits if that chess match and Belichiks brilliance at adjusting, game planing and putting the pieces he has on both sides of the ball in the right place to succeed

I see this being a dogfight sown to the end , got to go with jvan on this no way the Broncos D gives up 34. What Denver does on Offense depends on running game and what Peyton shows up , if both of these mentioned show up it would spell a long day for NE . Just my opinion.

I don't know if NE even tries to establish the run. last game, they used 6 O-linemen for awhile.

Last week, they threw 3 out of 4 plays.

I think they might try to run in again.....to chill the Bronco pass rush. the Denver rushers are fresh at the start of the game.....To Brady might want to beat on 'em a little befor e he goes to throwing (almost) every down

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I don't know if NE even tries to establish the run. last game, they used 6 O-linemen for awhile.

Last week, they threw 3 out of 4 plays.

I think they might try to run in again.....to chill the Bronco pass rush. the Denver rushers are fresh at the start of the game.....To Brady might want to beat on 'em a little befor e he goes to throwing (almost) every down

I agree Mark they have to try the run or Brady will be running for his life. I don't think you beat that D with a 1 dimensional attack.

This is an all or nothing game for Peyton. Even if he does not retire next season, it is very 95% guaranteed that he won't be on the Broncos. This is the best team Peyton had in the last couple of years. This could be his final shot to go to the Superbowl. Everything is in place for him as of this moment. Will Peyton choke like he usually do in the biggest games or will he ride off into the sunset hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. 

Should be a good one!

Just now, James Harden said:

This is an all or nothing game for Peyton. Even if he does not retire next season, it is very 95% guaranteed that he won't be on the Broncos. This is the best team Peyton had in the last couple of years. This could be his final shot to go to the Superbowl. Everything is in place for him as of this moment. Will Peyton choke like he usually do in the biggest games or will he ride off into the sunset hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. 

Should be a good one!

What games has he "choked" in?