Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England @ Denver (Gday/Post Game - Merged)

oldunclemark

a

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

He looked healthy, though. The run, the bootleg, a couple times he evaded rushers well, and his arm looked pretty good too. 

He had two other TDs that he just overthrew...could have been a 4 TD day..

..and you make the best point. he was obviously healthy...

In a round about way...Denver was able to get Manning to the playoffs healthy and it paid off

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Poor kicker.....he's taking all the blame..

Leading scorer in the NFL...The ONLY extra point he missed ALL year..

Please don't blame the Pats' kicker..Denver was the better team

I wonder if Kraft will have a painting made of this like Billy Cundiff's miss for his office !

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

a

In a round about way...Denver was able to get Manning to the playoffs healthy and it paid off

Now he gets 2 weeks to rest.  Should be good to go

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

a

What do you mean round about way.. this was the master plan from the start :P

original.jpg

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To keep it real I still think Tommy is better than Peyton all-time but they are both Top 5 ever. Peyton just gets dissed way too much so I have to defend him.

Honestly, I can't argue the point.  The players  play the game to win trophies.  Tommy has more than Peyton, and he is integral part of those championship teams, he wasn't just part of the supporting cast.

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Honestly, I can't argue the point.  The players  play the game to win trophies.  Tommy has more than Peyton, and he is integral part of those championship teams, he wasn't just part of the supporting cast.

Yeah I would say both are about even but Tommy has them darn 4 Rings. Peyton is awesome though.

I know it might go away by tomorrow morning but this is wild. They'll take it that far to defend Brady. I wish I could watch ESPN tomorrow. If nothing changes, what we're looking at here is that Bill Belichick threw an interception on the 2 point conversion, just as sure as Tom Brady intercepted Russel Wilson.

I was puzzled that Belicheck went for it on 4th down earlier, when they could have kicked a filed goal and been down by 5.

In any case, step 1 of the dream is completed (Denver won). Now Carolina )most likely) or Arizona stands in the way. For those that don't think Denver stands a chance, remember that defense....awesome!

Just now, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

A toast:cheers: to @jvan1973 @Susie Q @ManningFANin FL @Fx Stryker @oldunclemark @2006Coltsbestever @bayone @21isSuperman and all the others on here that never gave up on #18.

It's a Good Day...  We deserve to be happy and Celebrate.

Yeah it is a great day. Thanks. Carolina looking tough but lets enjoy this win.

1 minute ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

A toast:cheers: to @jvan1973 @Susie Q @ManningFANin FL @Fx Stryker @oldunclemark @2006Coltsbestever @bayone @21isSuperman and all the others on here that never gave up on #18.

It's a Good Day...  We deserve to be happy and Celebrate.

You never gave up on Peyton....too......its a good day for all old Colts

NE wins this game if they go for the field goals in the red zone. Knowing they managed to get down there and get a TD at the end, they could have won it if they coached it better. 

I don't want to take away from Denver on this one, cause they managed to win with their poor offense, and a defense playing absolutely amazing, but NE did coach this game horribly down the stretch with decision making 

1 minute ago, Bogie said:

NE wins this game if they go for the field goals in the red zone. Knowing they managed to get down there and get a TD at the end, they could have won it if they coached it better. 

I don't want to take away from Denver on this one, cause they managed to win with their poor offense, and a defense playing absolutely amazing, but NE did coach this game horribly down the stretch with decision making 

Agreed, I give props to Denver since their D was pretty nasty in this game and Manning yes Manning.....held up better then I ever expected him to at times and he also took a few hard sacks.

But, man oh man did the Pats make some dumb decisions in this one too. Can't deny that.

2 minutes ago, Jim H. said:

Denver didn't do itself any favors by taking the air out of the ball with the lead.  It seemed they ran the ball on each first down.

Funny.....'taking the air out of the ball'''....in a game against Tom Brady and New England..

..rare choice of words...!

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Agreed, I give props to Denver since their D was pretty nasty in this game and Manning yes Manning.....held up better then I ever expected him to at times and he also took a few hard sacks.

But, man oh man did the Pats make some dumb decisions in this one too. Can't deny that.

Reason why BB went for it is because he figured or thought Peyton was capable of getting 7's. That's the intangible Peyton has over someone like Brock and most QB's in NFL history

People who genuinely believe it was a bad call are assuming that the following sequence would have went the same way. A single first down was a potential death blow, let alone a couple of them or more points, and all of those things were possible because they wouldn't have called those same 3 plays. Even if they would have, the RB would have actually tried to run forward lol!

9 minutes ago, Bogie said:

It appears the broncos had a better offense than the patriots 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reason why BB went for it is because he figured or thought Peyton was capable of getting 7's. That's the intangible Peyton has over someone like Brock and most QB's in NFL history

That's a very good point..Bill B. didn't know if his 'D' could stop Peyton...He wasnt sure

They did..but he didnt know they would

Hindsight is always 20/20. Brady converted 3 4th downs on that final TD drive, so Belichick's faith in Brady to convert those 4th downs was not misplaced whatsoever. Brady has won so many for Belichick and converted so many 4th downs. I don't blame Belichick a bit.

I remember the Colts being down 24-28 after Billy Volek scored the go ahead TD vs the Colts in the 2007 divisional round playoff game. Peyton wanted to go for the 4th and goal and Dungy gave in though he had 3 timeouts, Colts failed on that 4th and goal. Later, he admitted he should have kicked the FGs since the Colts' D got the ball back. Hindsight is always 20/20

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

early SF weatgher..14 days out..

Upper 50s and rain fior the Super Bowl......rain all week

Hope that's wrong

Rain worked for Peyton in the previous SB??? :) Hmmm...interesting

Jeff Saturday remembers those wet bucket drills.