Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Say Matt Patricia or Josh McDaniels 1 more time

jshipp23

Colts need a proven coach who will have the players RESPECT...These are my top choices. ..                            1-Bill Cowher, will change the culture and bring the toughness we have been lacking for years...               2-John Gruden , will do wonders with Luck's progression. ...

3-Jim Harbaugh, would b my #1 choice and the perfect coach , but it's  a long shot he will leave Michigan...Throw 10 million a yr at him and gm and hc and u never know..........                                             4- Herm Edwards,  has had success without having a qb, give him Andrew Luck and see what he can do...I guarantee the players will run through a wall for him and be accountable. .He is my dark horse and possibly the best choice....           5- Hue Jackson, love his offensive philosophy,  get a good DC and he could very well turn us into a juggernaut. ...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I love his passion man, he had success in NY and KC without a QB....We need a fiery coach...

Herm Edwards record was worse than Pagano.  He came into KC and ruined a quite functional offense.  Plus if you hire him you have to totally rebuild the defense because he's going to take us right back to the good ole Tampa 2.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Herm Edwards record was worse than Pagano.  He came into KC and ruined a quite functional offense.

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME...Get Singletary as DC...Keep Chud as OC....We need a mean streak on this team in the worst way, tired of being soft...

19 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME...Get Singletary as DC...Keep Chud as OC....We need a mean streak on this team in the worst way, tired of being soft...

I don't think we need a mean streak.  That's just pure emotion, but emotion does not cover the strategic part of the game.  If we fire Pagano we need someone who is better with the strategic part of the game.  I'd be alright with keeping Chuck but we need to upgrade the staff around him.  Also we need to infuse the defense with some younger TALENT on the defensive side of the football, 1 or 2 more O linemen and we need a healthy Luck playing like we know he can.  Also I'd be okay with Gore coming back for another season, but we have to get a talented young running back who is the starter with Gore coming in to spell him. 

I say we go with a youth movement on both sides of the football. Get rid of A.J. and go with T.Y., Dorsett, Moncrief, and Duron Carter.  Maybe Quan Bray improves enough to surpass Griff Whalen as the 5th along with his duties as the punt returner.  We also have another issue on the offensive side of the ball because we could potentially lose both of our tight ends next year so I don't know how we'll handle that. I'm expecting us to lose at least one of them.

1 minute ago, CheezyColt said:

If there's anyone from the Pats l want, aside from Belechick, it's Caserio. 

Last thing we need is a coach with no experience,  unless it's Manning he has basically been the coach last 10 yrs and would turn luck into a monster in my opinion. ...

1 minute ago, CheezyColt said:

Caserio is the director of player personnel. Not a coach.

Belichik controls player personnel,  he may have that title but trust me bill runs that show...I have a feeling Irsay is gonna keep Grigson though, I pray I'm wrong...

1 hour ago, amfootball said:

Patricia has been the Pats best DC since Crennel IMO. But who knows if he could be a good HC. He has been with the Pats since 2004.

My gut feeling on Patricia is he's a Crennel or Wade Phillips type.  Only good at being a coordinator. Head coaching isn't their thing.

42 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Money talks,  and to be reunited with Luck and control player personnel I would never say never...If not go after Cowher hard, Irsay had dinner with him last week...js

He isn't going to burn the bridge to his alma matter after one season.    Give it up.  

Cowher hasn't coached in a very long time.    Who knows how effective he will be.    It didn't work for joe Gibbs or Mike shanahan.

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He isn't going to burn the bridge to his alma matter after one season.    Give it up.  

Cowher hasn't coached in a very long time.    Who knows how effective he will be.    It didn't work for joe Gibbs or Mike shanahan.

It might have worked for Shanahan if he didn't have a prima Donna overrated injury prone QB

@Clubber Lang, I like Cowher and Jim H out of the 5 you listed. Jim Harbaugh would be my first choice but he probably isn't leaving Michigan after 1 season. Gruden is 50/50 with me only because he thinks the world of Andrew and I think that would be a great working relationship. A NO too Hue and Herm. Matt Patricia would be a decent choice as he has been with the franchise that has won the most games over the last  decade and he's a Defensive genius but he may just be suited to being a Great coordinator? That would be a gamble hiring him. I really thought Josh McDaniels would do better in Denver but after what I seen out of him there, I say NO to him! Really though anyone that comes in here with a decent resume should win 10 games at least with a healthy Andrew Luck. Last of all, Peyton will never Coach IMO. If he does anything he would either be a GM or owner of a team, JMO.