Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts on Quan Bray?

AmberDerrow

He's arguably been the only bright spot on an otherwise disappointing season. We finally found a returner after five years. He could still take a knee once in awhile, but he definitely seems to have the instincts needed to run effectively on returns, and hasn't muffed any punts that I can remember. That is an improvement over everyone else we have had back there over the last few years.

He's a risk taker, but I'm not complaining. He knows how to use blockers and how to make a decision and haul butt. 

When he ran backwards across the field yesterday, he made it pay off but it made me nervous. Rarely have I seen that turn out well.

3 hours ago, AmberDerrow said:

If there is one positive to pull from the Texans game it's that Quan Bray is becoming more and more comfortable in his running: 67 yards in punt returns and 80 yards in kickoff returns. What are your thoughts on the rookie?

He's been the best return man that we have had in a LONG time 

There is no player on the Colts that is exciting except for Quan. Colts play like they are old and tired just like their sleepy coach. Scream, and keep screaming until the team catches fire. Too many NFL coaches are afraid to single out a jerk like the Giants game yesterday. Look at Buffalo the player say they "like" playing for their coach. Like playing ? Are you not making millions of dollars to perform instead of being happy and full of joy and going out for Twinkies after the game?

Sad to say but I think my boy Grift will be out of a job after the season.  He went from a sure handed receiver to a fumbler. I would have probably have dropped that ball if it broke my ribs but he is tough nosed and looks for contact and that is his downfall.  He still is a solid slot receiver but for some reason he cannot hang on to th football. Its time to see what Quan can do in the slot when called upon

45 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Sad to say but I think my boy Grift will be out of a job after the season.  He went from a sure handed receiver to a fumbler. I would have probably have dropped that ball if it broke my ribs but he is tough nosed and looks for contact and that is his downfall.  He still is a solid slot receiver but for some reason he cannot hang on to th football. Its time to see what Quan can do in the slot when called upon

i wouldnt say that, Griff can still get open and make tough grabs. unless Bray shows that same ability i think Griff still earns a spot. i Will say i think AJ may be gone. 

51 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

i wouldnt say that, Griff can still get open and make tough grabs. unless Bray shows that same ability i think Griff still earns a spot. i Will say i think AJ may be gone. 

Griff surely has the talent to be a solid slot receiver but he needs coaching on how to put away the ball during contact. 

5 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I liked what I saw, a little too fearless at times (the play where Tipton laid a huge block really should have been a fair catch!), but it was one of the few good things about yesterday.

I need to see someone make a GIF of that block so I can watch it over and over

6 hours ago, Dudley Smith said:

He's arguably been the only bright spot on an otherwise disappointing season. We finally found a returner after five years. He could still take a knee once in awhile, but he definitely seems to have the instincts needed to run effectively on returns, and hasn't muffed any punts that I can remember. That is an improvement over everyone else we have had back there over the last few years.

My favorite thing about him is his vision. He always seems to find the hole and runs right to it. He's definitely one player I hope we keep next year

5 hours ago, DougDew said:

Pencil him in as a part of the 53 man roster next year and work with him to be the #5 WR...maybe backup at the slot

I'd like to see us kind of use him like how Percy Harvin is used. Get him on the field and run some reverses and screen passes to him. With his speed he could do some damage. That's assuming he has good hands at WR. 

He has a much better feel on when to kneel or leave the end zone on deep kicks than Josh Cribb-s or Griff Whalen ever did. 

I'm not slamming either Whalen or Cribb-s personally. I'm just think Bray has a better feel what to do with the ball that won't make Colts fans moan in agony. 

22 hours ago, DougDew said:

Pencil him in as a part of the 53 man roster next year and work with him to be the #5 WR...maybe backup at the slot

I think he should certainly be considered to take over the role we've used Griff Whalen in for these past couple of seasons.  Bray is a beast on the special teams.

20 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Griff surely has the talent to be a solid slot receiver but he needs coaching on how to put away the ball during contact. 

He's a poor mans Welker, i wasnt a fan of him to begin with but i actually like the kid now. i think he can thrive. just a few things he has to refine and work on. but he is quality depth and more than serviceable. 

I think he is what we are looking for in our return game.  Reliable, quick, and knows how to use blockers to get up field!  I definitely think it's time to cut ties with Griff Whalen, as Bray makes Whalen practically useless anymore!

I really hope that (Yes, I'm bringing it up)  Duron Carter is up to speed next season and is ready for a spot on the depth chart.  He did some impressive things in TC and 1 pre season game.  I don't know if AJ will be back but if not it should go as followed:

TY, DM, Dorsett, Bray, Carter!