Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We are rooting for the Patriots this week

Jules

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

This is not college football. All games count -- whether they are won early or late in the season.

That's correct...but situations and therefor perception and rooting interest changes as the season goes on. At the beginning of the year, nobody knows and it makes it easier to root against a rival. But at this point in the season there is now a specific set of circumstances that has to happen in order for your team to make the playoffs, and for some reason most of you want to add more stipulations...more ifs...to make it happen instead of just saying 'yeah, I hate the patriots but a Houston loss sure would increase our odds'.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Superman said:

Terrible tackling, some questionable penalties (that PI?), and more terrible tackling. That's on the defense.

The rest was just like you said, a snowball of overall bad football in all phases, for the second week in a row. Doesn't speak well of Pagano and his staff. 

My point was I think that play at the end of the half and the offenses ineptness took the heart out of the defense. The tackling was very good in the first half and then dissipated after we went down 14. I'm by no means giving them a pass as there is no excuse for what we saw. Just saying that I don't think this unit is that bad when healthy and not demoralized.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Looks like it. I am still here despite that embarrassment. I will say this that game shows how valuable Andrew is.

It is just football in the end. Just an outlet to have some fun. I am anxious to see how Luck looks with Chud. He was good in the Denver game.

1 minute ago, amfootball said:

It is just football in the end. Just an outlet to have some fun. I am anxious to see how Luck looks with Chud. He was good in the Denver game.

Yeah I am ok, didn't expect that ambush but it is what it is. Colts have given me a ton of great of times. Maybe it just isn't our year and changes do need to be made.

18 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

At the beginning of the year when it was assumed the Colts would be the bigger threat, sure. But right now you are in a fight for a playoff spot with a team that you want to root for?

Makes no sense.

Do you not understand who we root for doesn't matter in the outcome? 

10 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

That's correct...but situations and therefor perception and rooting interest changes as the season goes on. At the beginning of the year, nobody knows and it makes it easier to root against a rival. But at this point in the season there is now a specific set of circumstances that has to happen in order for your team to make the playoffs, and for some reason most of you want to add more stipulations...more ifs...to make it happen instead of just saying 'yeah, I hate the patriots but a Houston loss sure would increase our odds'.

Or...

People could simply root the way they root, and let others do the same. I don't care if Jules or anyone else roots for the Patriots tonight. But I'm not a bad fan or an uncivilized fan or a dummy if I don't choose to root the same way. And that's the way this is being painted -- if you are a Colts fan and don't want the Patriots to win tonight, you're illogical and an embarrassment as a fan, and 'maybe you just don't get it.' I reject all of that.

To the bolded, I'll allow that. I still won't root for the Patriots tonight. If they win, after the game, I'll say "well, at least the Texans lost and we're still tied for first place." That's not the worst thing in the world. But I'm not rooting for the Patriots to win, bottom line, simple as that.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Do you not understand who we root for doesn't matter in the outcome? 

I do. But damn...more than just Jules could start to act like you at least want your team to make the playoffs...because they have a much better chance at that if the Texans lose and you guys won't even admit that.

Just now, dynasty13 said:

I do. But damn...more than just Jules could start to act like you at least want your team to make the playoffs...because they have a much better chance at that if the Texans lose and you guys won't even admit that.

I want them to make it in! 

And I also don't want my team to hire crap like Nick Saban or some other losers.

Wahhhhhhh.

6 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Again, you Pats fans should stick to rooting for your team and not tell us Colts fans on the Colts forum as to how to act, it is getting a bit annoying.

It is hard enough fathoming a 50 pointer on our team today and wondering the what ifs even when Luck returns, let alone deal with all the Bostonian gumption on our forum. 

1 minute ago, dynasty13 said:

Because it's not true.    If the Texans win tonight and we beat them next week,   we are in the same position we were in going into today. 

And why do you care who we root for?   I will never root for a cheating organization to succeed

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 2:34 PM, amfootball said:

It is not that. I think it is more the deep level of hate that we are trying to understand. Even most Jets fan would be voting for us in this same situation.

7 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

even with a colts loss and Texans win today, the winner next week will be in first place.  with a Texans win the colts still control their own destiny

we arnt rooting for a patriots win because we don't need it badly enough to root for a team we hate

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Again, you Pats fans should stick to rooting for your team and not tell us Colts fans on Colts forum as to how to act, it is getting a bit annoying.

It is hard enough fathoming a 50 pointer on a team today and wondering the what ifs, let alone deal with all the Bostonian gumption on our forum. 

I started the thread. 

Come at me bros........

Besides I LIKE the Pats fans here. 

The Colts can still win the division if they win out.  The Texans could win by 70 points tonight and it does not change the fact that the colts can win the division.  However, with that said, the Colts basically have to win out now, especially now that the have a divisional loss as the Texans have one too.  So that tiebreaker (divisional record) might end up being a push if it gets that far in the tie breaker process, thereby leaving the later tiebreaker(s) which the Texans presently hold the advantage but are subject to change.

Surely, next weeks game has a two game swing one way or the other and basically is a key game for the colts and basically a must win if the Texans win tonight.

The colts loose degrees of freedom with a Texans win tonight and more so now they have a divisional loss.

Surely, there is a moral victory with a Texans win, but the percentages for the Colts making the playoffs point towards a Texans loss.

1 minute ago, pgt_rob said:

I was still watching. Even went to a game that year where they won their first game. Not saying it would happen, very bold. Just a halfway rant as well.

Just sayin', if Caldwell lasted the season (after 62-7), Pagano ought to. We're 4-2 with a backup QB. It could be a lot worse. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I'm not reading all of that. Your perpetual verbosity is tiring.

Let me simplify for you.  Prior to today's game, the colts chances to make the playoffs are higher with a Texans loss.  Period.  Period.  Period.  Period. If you want an explanation on why that is, you can read my post, which by the way was only drafted because you said the above was trash.   

With a divisional lost today, its more so.  As I mentioned in my prior post a few minutes ago, and we both agree, the colts can win the division by winning out.  However, with a Texans loss tonight there are more avenues for the colts to make the playoffs.  That is all.  

I do not care what anyone wants to do as a fan.  Moral victories or the percentages.  At this stage of the season I go towards the latter.  But that is just me.