Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We are rooting for the Patriots this week

Jules

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Again, you Pats fans should stick to rooting for your team and not tell us Colts fans on the Colts forum as to how to act, it is getting a bit annoying.

It is hard enough fathoming a 50 pointer on our team today and wondering the what ifs even when Luck returns, let alone deal with all the Bostonian gumption on our forum. 

Well said, Chad. I think you speak for many here.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Because it's not true.    If the Texans win tonight and we beat them next week,   we are in the same position we were in going into today. 

That's correct...if you beat them next week , you are in the same position you were in going into today. Except there is one less week remaining to create separation or catch up should you not win. 

All im saying is that I'm surprised you guys don't feel like a buffer would be beneficial...especially with how you played today and have looked for most of the season. It's great that you guys are confident...I guess I just don't understand where that confidence comes from because as a fan, having a bit of a buffer should you lay another egg like you did today, well...I would be in favor of it.

1 minute ago, dynasty13 said:

That's correct...if you beat them next week , you are in the position you were in going into today. But there is one less week remaining to create separation should you not win. 

All im saying is that I'm surprised you guys don't feel like a buffer would be beneficial...especially with how you played today and have looked for most of the season. It's great that you guys are confident...I guess I just don't understand where that confidence comes from because as a fan, having a bit of a buffer should you lay another egg like you did today, well...I would be in favor of it.

Where are you getting that from?

Do you understand that we grasp the simple and basic fact that if the Pats win, it increases the Colts playoff odds? Do you really think that we don't get that?

That's correct...if you beat them next week , you are in the position you were in going into today. But there is one less week remaining to create separation should you not win. 

Dude. What else can we do? We have a 40 year old back up and even our 3rd string QB was in at times. I don't know what else to do when QB is one of the most important positions on the team. We lost with old beat back up QBs. Whoo pity doo.

That's correct...if you beat them next week , you are in the same position you were in going into today. Except there is one less week remaining to create separation should you not win. 

No crap, IF we beat Houston. People have acted like these games are locks. I told Q Boy the other night I am not cocky enough to think we beat anyone.

Oh well maybe we don't make the playoffs in the end and don't deserve it. But, I do want to make it and I do want HELP on the side......you know which means our DIVISION RIVAL LOSING. L-O-S-I-N-G. LOSING. Say it out loud. Texans.......LOSING........HELPS.

"But how dare you tell us who to root for Jules. This is a personal thang. OMG no not the cheatahs. No No No. Never da cheatahs."

But, seriously mods I am asking again to lock this thread again maybe.

Just now, Superman said:

Let's prove that we can have a substantive discussion without the entire thread devolving into personal spats and name calling. That would be awesome.

I think it's time to lock it and move onto a real game thread.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

No one has said that.

By the way, being a fan is not based on logic.

You're right, I see that now. This generation of fans puts hate above logic but years back if you backed into the playoffs at 7-9 that was just fine. At the very least you got to watch your team one more game (at least one) and watching your team in the playoffs even if the odds are low is still fun.

Of course its all moot on a forum since that can't effect the game but the thinking is still flawed ;)

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This should be an entertaining Thread tonight. I am still in great spirits knowing #12 will be back, well hopefully!

And there is our boy. He gets us back on the optimistic track when we need it!!!

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

No crap, IF we beat Houston. People have acted like these games are locks. I told Q Boy the other night I am not cocky enough to think we beat anyone.

Oh well maybe we don't make the playoffs in the end and don't deserve it. But, I do want to make it and I do want HELP on the side......you know which means our DIVISION RIVAL LOSING. L-O-S-I-N-G. LOSING. Say it out loud. Texans.......LOSING........HELPS.

"But how dare you tell us who to root for Jules. This is a personal thang. OMG no not the cheatahs. No No No. Never da cheatahs."

But, seriously mods I am asking again to lock this thread again maybe.

You may have missed it, but a Mod is posting in this thread and can lock it any time he wishes.

Just now, dynasty13 said:

In the end, it really only comes down to this: A Houston loss gets you a step closer to making the playoffs. A Houston win only gets you closer to raising a 2015 division finalist banner.

Showing your classy New England behavior again I see.

In the end, it really only comes down to this: A Houston loss gets you a step closer to making the playoffs. A Houston win only gets you closer to raising a 2015 division finalist banner.

Don't give Irsay any ideas......

11 minutes ago, Superman said:

Or maybe, as a collective unit, we can do better... ?

And maybe, just maybe, as a forum moderator, you could actually read the posts you are responding to instead of calling them junk and 'liking' all the posts that disrespect others' opinion. 'Derka Derka'...right? Very constructive.

Attitude reflects leadership.

And maybe, as a forum moderator, you could actually read the posts you are responding to instead of calling them junk and 'liking' all the posts that disrespect others' opinion. 'Derka Derka'...right? Very constructive.

I'm no one's leader. If you don't know what a moderator's job is, that's not my problem.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm no one's leader. If you don't know what a moderator's job is, that's not my problem.

I know what a moderators job is...and not since ghost back in the day have we had one that always seems to be in the middle of all the 'tense' discussions here. 

I know what a moderators job is...and not since ghost back in the day have we had one that always seems to be in the middle of all the 'tense' discussions here. 

Yeah, I should just be seen and not heard, have no opinion, and keep the peace. Sorry, not how I operate. Feel free to report me if you feel I'm not doing the job properly.

If you Pats fans only knew...

14 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Very constructive.

You are neither constructive nor in possession of a good attitude.  Since you say "attitude reflects leadership", I can only assume that you are not a leader either.

4 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Well that certainly justified your response now doesn't it.

Do you or do you not hang finalist banners?

If not, then I apologize and my comment was out of line.

But if you do, my comment was perfectly warranted and had nothing to do with a 'lack of class'.

Again, the simply fact is that a Houston loss tonight helps you. Root for whoever you want, but given the way the Colts have looked overall this season, I would gladly accept all the help I could get if I truly wanted to watch them play in January.

But if you do, my comment was perfectly warranted and had nothing to do with a 'lack of class'.

Again, the simply fact is that a Houston loss tonight helps you. Root for whoever you want, but given the way the Colts have looked overall this season, I would gladly accept all the help I could get if I truly wanted to watch them play in January.

You know exactly what the issue is with your post, don't play dumb and yes it lacked class.

I agree with you that the Pats winning would help the Colts.  I never said otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

You are neither constructive nor in possession of a good attitude.  Since you say "attitude reflects leadership", I can only assume that you are not a leader either.

I am not. I have been told that my place on this forum is no more than a lowly Patriots fan. 

This is hilarious. The Colts hung a weak banner. You made fun of it (again). Might as well just own it instead of trying to wiggle away from it.

By the way, I have no problem with people making fun of the banner. It's a weak banner that shouldn't be in the building. I hope they take it down. It's a little cheap that you guys bring it up all the time, as if Colts fans are proud of it, but oh well.

6 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

I am not. I have been told that my place on this forum is no more than a lowly Patriots fan. 

No, to me, you are a respected poster, I really mean it. That is why it is a bit surprising to me that you are on this "bad stretch" trying to convince Colts fans who don't care for the Pats to root for them. People know what the odds are if Houston wins, they are not dumb.

But once a poster has given his viewpoint on how he or she feels on a topic, the only courtesy that "Colts" fans on a "Colts" forum ask is that you don't try to ram your opinion down their throats incessantly.

If I did what you are doing on patspulpit, I can guarantee you (yes, I do have an account there by the same name but choose not to post there) that I would be banned after a few back and forth posts if it is not appreciated by the Pats pulpit forum.

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

This is hilarious. The Colts hung a weak banner. You made fun of it (again). Might as well just own it instead of trying to wiggle away from it.

By the way, I have no problem with people making fun of the banner. It's a weak banner that shouldn't be in the building. I hope they take it down. It's a little cheap that you guys bring it up all the time, as if Colts fans are proud of it, but oh well.

I made a joke about hanging a division finalist banner and cynjin took offense and brought up class. 

You have no problem with people making fun of the banner and neither should he. Nobody should. That's called playful banter...it's really not a big deal and class has nothing to do with it.

3 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

I made a joke about hanging a division finalist banner and cynjin took offense and brought up class. 

You have no problem with people making fun of the banner and neither should he. Nobody should. That's called playful banter...it's really not a big deal and class has nothing to do with it.

I agree. You were acting like it was a relevant statement that was only made because of how factual it was. It was a playful dig, and that's fine. I don't think it was classless, but it certainly wasn't just innocent statement of fact. 

Whatever, like I said, I'm not even a little disturbed by the banner comments. (I should also say, I'm not embarrassed by the banner. I just don't think it's a good idea, for obvious reasons.)

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

No, to me, you are a respected poster, I really mean it. That is why it is a bit surprising to me that you are on this "bad stretch" trying to convince Colts fans who don't care for the Pats to root for them. People know what the odds are if Houston wins, they are not dumb.

But once a poster has given his viewpoint on how he or she feels on a topic, the only courtesy that "Colts" fans on a "Colts" forum ask is that you don't try to ram your opinion down their throats incessantly.

If I did what you did on patspulpit, I can guarantee you (yes, I do have an account there by the same name but choose not to post there) that I would be banned after a few back and forth posts if it is not appreciated by the Pats pulpit forum.

You're right. 

I dont know know why I didn't let it go, for some reason I hitched my wagon to this thread and just kept going. Apologies to anyone who I took aim at. For some reason the ball started rolling downhill and I chose not to stop it.

Sorry Supes...I mean it. Don't know what my issue was.

9 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

You're right. 

I dont know know why I didn't let it go, for some reason I hitched my wagon to this thread and just kept going. Apologies to anyone who I took aim at. For some reason the ball started rolling downhill and I chose not to stop it.

Sorry Supes...I mean it. Don't know what my issue was.

Accepted. I'm sorry for stoking the flame.

It's never a good idea to tell others who to root for.   People make up their own minds.  No good was ever going to come from this thread.

Other teams winning or losing is not going to make the Colts play better.  If they deserve to be in the Playoffs by their own accomplishments they will.  If they don't ....  So be it for this year.

That's all I'm going to say on this thread.

Gramz out.

1 minute ago, BloodyChamp said:

I love Colts fans so this isn't a dig...but maybe the truth is that they know what the result will be even if they make the playoffs. That would explain why they'd rather just root against the Pats.

You could easily just read what Colts fans have said in this thread, if you really want to understand why some are rooting the way they are. 

4 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I love Colts fans so this isn't a dig...but maybe the truth is that they know what the result will be even if they make the playoffs. That would explain why they'd rather just root against the Pats.

I don't know if that's it.  I think they would rather have the Pats lose and the Colts win next week against the Texans.  Even if the win against the Texans is not a foregone conclusion.