Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We are rooting for the Patriots this week

Jules

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Jules said:

Yes it is true. Pats beating Houston is what we want.

So for this week I wish the Patriots great health and great luck on both sides of the ball!!!!

Maybe I should get on board rooting for the Pats. Every time I want them to lose, they win. So, maybe if proclaim I want them to win, they'll lose (because that's what I really want).

13 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Call this crazy, but I'd rather see the Pats not win the Superbowl than the Colts winning one, so GO HOUSTON!

I was watching the NE/Philadelphia game at my in laws. Every time something bad happened to NE, I would cheer as if I was watching a Colts' game with a great play by the Colts (I would literally jump up out of my chair and yell). My father in law asked "Do you really hate NE that much"? I said without hesitation, YES!

He does too, he's just not as animated as I am. :)

13 minutes ago, 18Manning said:

I was watching the NE/Philadelphia game at my in laws. Every time something bad happened to NE, I would cheer as if I was watching a Colts' game with a great play by the Colts (I would literally jump up out of my chair and yell). My father in law asked "Do you really hate NE that much"? I said without hesitation, YES!

I have been accused of similar behavior from my family.   :highfive:

"We" are NOT rooting for the Patriots this week. As always, I hope the Patriots crash and burn. The only reason I'd ever see myself rooting for the Patriots would be in an elimination situation, and even then, I'd have to take a long shower afterward, or better yet, just soak in rubbing alcohol. I don't want anything that helps the Patriots.

From a practical standpoint, we don't even need the Patriots to win. The Texans can win out, with the exception of Week 15. So long as the Colts win out, they win the division and they're in. That's all I care about. If I have to root for a Texans loss, it won't be this week.

Beyond that, I actually want the teams in our division to do well.

I refuse.  I dislike the pats more than the texans and will never for the pats just because they face a division rival.  If anything I'll root for anyone in our division to beat the pats so we can price we aren't so soft.  Plus we can beat the jags so it makes no difference.  

Go Texans.

32 minutes ago, 18Manning said:

Other than the Colts winning the SB in the 2006 Season the most satisfaction I got out of a SB was the very next season when the Giants ended the Pats undefeated season. I had almost the same great feeling.

18 minutes ago, Superman said:

"We" are NOT rooting for the Patriots this week. As always, I hope the Patriots crash and burn. The only reason I'd ever see myself rooting for the Patriots would be in an elimination situation, and even then, I'd have to take a long shower afterward, or better yet, just soak in rubbing alcohol. I don't want anything that helps the Patriots.

From a practical standpoint, we don't even need the Patriots to win. The Texans can win out, with the exception of Week 15. So long as the Colts win out, they win the division and they're in. That's all I care about. If I have to root for a Texans loss, it won't be this week.

Beyond that, I actually want the teams in our division to do well.

Okay "I"........sorry........

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Other than the Colts winning the SB in the 2006 Season the most satisfaction I got out of a SB was the very next season when the Giants ended the Pats undefeated season. I had almost the same great feeling.

haha Me too. It would be difficult for me to discern the 2 feelings.

51 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Sorry Jules, can't get on board with this.:)

Until Lord Luck comes back we need all the help we can get. Hasselbeck might beat the Jags again but the Steelers made him look old and like well......a backup.

I miss my Andrew.

10 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Call this crazy, but I'd rather see the Pats not win the Superbowl than the Colts winning one, so GO HOUSTON!

I have to check to see if you were being serious with this post. If yes, that blows my mind. The best day of this year (sports-wise) was Feb. 1 for me and watching Bob, Bill and Brady lift that 4th Lombardi. I still watch that game now. That is how awesome it was. I can never imagine not wanting MY team to win in favor of another team losing. Truly that idea boggles my mind. I was recently discussing with some Pats fans after these last two losses how last year's win takes the hurt out of this season no matter how it goes. Of course I want the Pats to get that 5th ring but this is probably the most contented I have ever been during any season and it is precisely because they got that elusive 4th ring last year.

6 hours ago, Jules said:

Until Lord Luck comes back we need all the help we can get. Hasselbeck might beat the Jags again but the Steelers made him look old and like well......a backup.

I miss my Andrew.

So it looks like it will be just be you rooting for the Pats. But we will take all the support we can get. :)

6 hours ago, Jules said:

I can't recall Brady/Bill B. ever losing 3 in a row. And Houston is like full of Pats rejects they try to turn into magic.

Pats will help us out for the Holiday Season!!!!

11-bill-belichick-santa-athletes-dressed

maxresdefault.jpg

Nice find. Those are Bill's happy faces. Perfect for holiday greetings. lol.

6 hours ago, Jules said:

I miss my Andrew.

Yeah I miss him too. We need him to make a run and it's obvious. Still proud of Hass though as he is 4-1 as a starter.

Some of these responses are interesting!

I can only speak for myself, but each and every game I root for the result that would most benefit my team moving forward. In this case, you should all want Houston to lose, regardless of the opponent. The Colts haven't exactly been consistently 'good' this year, and it honestly shocks me that most of you don't feel as though a one game buffer going into the final quarter of the season is important.

Going into the season, every team has 3 goals...the first of which is WINNING THE DIVISION. These are division opponents and in a tight race, Houston could quite literally be the team to keep you from making the playoffs, and you want them to WIN???? Against a team that no longer has any influence on your playoff hopes and dreams?

Remember the days when we were in the same division as the Patriots? I catch myself still thinking in that regard sometimes. Perhaps that's why there is still the flame that burns between the franchises. So sorry Jules... I just can't lol... the best I can give is a tie. haha

20 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Some of these responses are interesting!

Going into the season, every team has 3 goals...the first of which is WINNING THE DIVISION. These are division opponents and in a tight race, Houston could quite literally be the team to keep you from making the playoffs, and you want them to WIN???? Against a team that no longer has any influence on your playoff hopes and dreams?

To the Bolded, I say Exactly.  So........as long as we win our Division games, we're good.  What the Colts need to concentrate on first and foremost, is winning their division games.   

7 minutes ago, amfootball said:

So if Houston wins the division and the Colts are out of the post-season, you will be rooting for the Texans to win the Super Bowl?

I probably would. Although it would be tough considering my ENTIRE family roots for the Bengals. 

I look at the Texans the way I look at the Cubs in baseball. I just can't hate 'em lol... I love the underdogs and little guys. Seeing success from them is kinda refreshing to be honest haha

26 minutes ago, Gramz said:

To the Bolded, I say Exactly.  So........as long as we win our Division games, we're good.  What the Colts need to concentrate on first and foremost, is winning their division games.   

If the Colts somehow manage to lose to the Jags, I might give it a thought. But for now, no way :).

27 minutes ago, amfootball said:

So if Houston wins the division and the Colts are out of the post-season, you will be rooting for the Texans to win the Super Bowl?

Yeah not sure why he Posted that because I want our teams to do lousy in the Division so it makes it easier on the Colts. I guess from a fan/media standpoint if we have a tough Division and other teams win, it makes the Colts look better but forget about wanting the Texans to do well or the Jags or Titans I say. Winning the Division is the #1 goal because that gets your team in the dance so I still say the Pats beating the Texans is better for us because we don't know when Andrew will be back. So taking care of our business might be tough.