Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We are rooting for the Patriots this week

Jules

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Honestly I think they'd get a little more out of the passing game if they did more to get Strong involved in the game.  I like his skill set, speed and size but for some reason Obrien wants to stick with Washington who I think is average at best.

Strong isn't the best person when it comes to practice, apparently. I'm pretty sure he had trouble learning the playbook and was completely out of shape when he first showed up for training camp. I think BOB questions his work ethic too, and that alone will be enough to keep you off the field. Washington isn't great but the guy is a savvy veteran who is a reliable target for Hoyer. I'd like to see more of Strong myself, but he's going to have to get in his coach's favor first. 

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, QwizBoy said:

Strong isn't the best person when it comes to practice, apparently. I'm pretty sure he had trouble learning the playbook and was completely out of shape when he first showed up for training camp. I think BOB questions his work ethic too, and that alone will be enough to keep you off the field. Washington isn't great but the guy is a savvy veteran who is a reliable target for Hoyer. I'd like to see more of Strong myself, but he's going to have to get in his coach's favor first. 

I remember Strong giving us an issue or two when we played you guys earlier in the season.  I actually wanted Strong in the draft.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

I remember Strong giving us an issue or two when we played you guys earlier in the season.  I actually wanted Strong in the draft.

Yeah I was actually hoping we would grab him in the first round but he somehow lasted all the way to the third which was even better. The guy has the tools to possibly be a future number one, I think. 

Just now, QwizBoy said:

Yeah I was actually hoping we would grab him in the first round but he somehow lasted all the way to the third which was even better. The guy has the tools to possibly be a future number one, I think. 

Yeah!  We'll see what happens for you guys in this one.  It's not usually good to play Bellichick one handed though in the experiences we've had with them.  If you can't run the football well it gets pretty challenging.  However this is a good time to face them since their offense won't put as much pressure on the Houston O to get out of sync.

17 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

haha hey man that's all I can do is hope. Of course, now that I've expressed optimism Brady is probably gonna make a third-string guy a household name against our D...par for the course lol. I do have faith in my guys though. They've impressed me with the way they've stepped up compared to earlier this season. 

This is a huge game for the Texans and they have been playing well. The Pats offense has struggled big time without Edelman. Brady has had to hold the ball longer and the offensive line has been a sieve.

Health is paramount to wins for the Patriots at this point. Get this team healthy and I won't care where they're seeded.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Yeah!  We'll see what happens for you guys in this one.  It's not usually good to play Bellichick one handed though in the experiences we've had with them.  If you can't run the football well it gets pretty challenging.  However this is a good time to face them since their offense won't put as much pressure on the Houston O to get out of sync.

Yeah that is too true. We aren't the Steelers or the Cardinals, so we're going to need to establish the run to open up the passing game and keep New England's defense honest. If Brady comes out right of the gate and throws the ball up and down the field without pressure, well, then things could get ugly. 

1 minute ago, Flying Elvis said:

This is a huge game for the Texans and they have been playing well. The Pats offense has struggled big time without Edelman. Brady has had to hold the ball longer and the offensive line has been a sieve.

Health is paramount to wins for the Patriots at this point. Get this team healthy and I won't care where they're seeded.

I think I read somewhere about the Patriots line being in disarray. I'm not sure whose starting but you're right, they need to hold up for Brady and give him time to get the ball out. It's no secret the Patriots are obviously making the postseason. I agree that health is tantamount...they should sit Brady and Collins this game, just to make sure they stay in good shape for the playoffs. Just saying :)

1 minute ago, QwizBoy said:

I think I read somewhere about the Patriots line being in disarray. I'm not sure whose starting but you're right, they need to hold up for Brady and give him time to get the ball out. It's no secret the Patriots are obviously making the postseason. I agree that health is tantamount...they should sit Brady and Collins this game, just to make sure they stay in good shape for the playoffs. Just saying :)

That would be fine with me. Belichick and Brady disagree. :)

3 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I think the Pats are going to give you guys a healthy dose of Blount and they will ride that if he gets rolling.  From there Tom will proceed to open up the play action game and the short dumps to keep the chains moving.  Honestly I think they are going to mimick alot of what the Colts did against Houston.  Buffalos game plan to me was pretty similar.

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think the Pats are going to give you guys a healthy dose of Blount and they will ride that if he gets rolling.  From there Tom will proceed to open up the play action game and the short dumps to keep the chains moving.  Honestly I think they are going to mimick alot of what the Colts did against Houston.  Buffalos game plan to me was pretty similar.

I was at work when the Buffalo game was on but I recorded it. I'm probably not going to watch it though lol. Like I mentioned earlier our run D is below average so you're probably right. I fully expect Brady to go dink and dunk and I think our defenders will have to play aggressively to cause turnovers. Brady will definitely be looking for closer, quicker plays like slants and stop routes in order to make up for his line not giving him as much time as usual. 

Pats are going to have to contain Watt, period, and avoid those turnovers he sometimes grabs. Brady is going to get hit more and more with his weapons missing and with less options out there he is comfortable with. Brady can get frazzled in a game when he gets hit too much as it goes on.

I am expecting both kickers to have to be ready to kick some long FGs in this game too.

2 hours ago, Jules said:

Pats are going to have to contain Watt, period, and avoid those turnovers he sometimes grabs. Brady is going to get hit more and more with his weapons missing and with less options out there he is comfortable with. Brady can get frazzled in a game when he gets hit too much as it goes on.

I am expecting both kickers to have to be ready to kick some long FGs in this game too.

Yeah, QBs don't like being hit, especially Tom Brady lol. The longer they neutralize Watt the better for them. I too think this will be a lower scoring affair.

17 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Yeah, QBs don't like being hit, especially Tom Brady lol. The longer they neutralize Watt the better for them. I too think this will be a lower scoring affair.

Hitting and rattling Brady is usually the key at times. Physical teams like the Ravens and Giants of the past often showed us the blueprint. You don't need a high powered offense to beat these guys.

Sadly watching the Colts play NE is not the way to go about learning how to beat them......but the Pats can learn a lot watching our game with Hasselbeck vs. Houston earlier this year.

1 hour ago, QwizBoy said:

Shhhhh ;) I don't want to jinx anything lol. I do expect Patricia to at least double team him and take chances with other guys being open. It doesn't matter, though, because Hoyer likes to force feed Hopkins the ball anyway, which can be good and bad. I'm hoping Shorts and Washington can take advantage and make plays with so much attention being directed at Hopkins. 

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I know you're sitting there laughing in your head. You know Hopkins is going to skin Butler up!  I kind of figured Hop would struggle against Gilmore last week, but he's going to eat Butler alive if they single him up.  I'm sure Bellichick is going to have the triple team in effect.

Logan Ryan has had a pretty good year...I'm sure they will put him on him with extra help over the top...then use Butler to shut down the other half of the field. I don't think anyone can shut down Hopkins one on one without some scheme help so I suspect that is how Bill will play it. Take him away with scheme help and then let Butler go one on one with the #2.

17 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

No, the answer is that you never root for the Patriots. If they lose again, the AFC seeding race is further shaken up. Which reduces their chances at getting a top seed. Which reduces the amount of playoff games they can possibly play at home. Which increases the chance they need to play a playoff game on the road. Which increases the chances of them losing. And when the Patriots don't make (or lose) the Super Bowl, we don't need to hear about how they're above the Greek Gods all January and offseason long, and when that happens, everyone wins.

Also means better nights of sleep for me. Also means I can go into work and not have to deal with Patriots fans. Also means I don't need to see my Facebook feed loaded with gloating Patriots fans. Also means listening to Boston sports talk radio around here gets more entertaining. Also means I can turn on the local news and not listen for 20 minutes on what Tom Brady's favorite pizza toppings are. Or listen about how he has turkeys on Thanksgiving too. Or that he spends his bye weeks on vacation and him taking a picture of it is the most important thing in the world. Also means I can watch the Super Bowl stress free.

So, the answer is you always root for a Patriots loss. Even if your playoff hopes depend on it. Them not winning another Super Bowl is more important than what every other team is trying to accomplish.

You can also substitute Cowboys, Yankees, and Lakers into that and it will still largely make sense.

Did I miss anything?

Wow...that's a rough life you lead. No wonder your favorite phrase is "Now Brady is going to get the ball back and blow down the field". Honestly I think maybe if I lived where you do then I might stop watching sports altogether. I definitely wouldn't let people fill up my facebook with the stuff. I will have to agree with you the pictures of Tom in his Uggs watching the Sunday night games etc are a little too housewife of Beverly hills to me lol.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great stuff. I had to laugh! What are Tom's favorite Pizza toppings?

Probably the Papa Johns special AFC Champ "The Gronk ".....Triple Meat (head) pizza on Sour (Peyton face) dough.....thin crust obviously as it would be easier to grip when eating. :P

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Logan Ryan has had a pretty good year...I'm sure they will put him on him with extra help over the top...then use Butler to shut down the other half of the field. I don't think anyone can shut down Hopkins one on one without some scheme help so I suspect that is how Bill will play it. Take him away with scheme help and then let Butler go one on one with the #2.

Wow...that's a rough life you lead. No wonder your favorite phrase is "Now Brady is going to get the ball back and blow down the field". Honestly I think maybe if I lived where you do then I might stop watching sports altogether. I definitely wouldn't let people fill up my facebook with the stuff. I will have to agree with you the pictures of Tom in his Uggs watching the Sunday night games etc are a little too housewife of Beverly hills to me lol.

Probably the Papa Johns special AFC Champ "The Gronk ".....Triple Meat (head) pizza on Sour (Peyton face) dough.....thin crust obviously as it would be easier to grip when eating. :P

I agree they most certainly will be double teaming.  I think there is still going to be some situations where they may single cover him, but it will be sparingly.  Texans will have to take advantage of that.  Hopefully they won't!  Want them to fall flat on their faces...

2 hours ago, Jules said:

Hitting and rattling Brady is usually the key at times. Physical teams like the Ravens and Giants of the past often showed us the blueprint. You don't need a high powered offense to beat these guys.

Sadly watching the Colts play NE is not the way to go about learning how to beat them......but the Pats can learn a lot watching our game with Hasselbeck vs. Houston earlier this year.

True that. I think the Colts matched up better against us though, as opposed to the Patriots who are battling injuries now. The QB and the coaching are keys to this match-up too no doubt. You're very right about being physical with them. The Texans don't have lettermans on for this game. They are at home and they know the big dogs are coming to town.

59 minutes ago, Jules said:

I mean Brady might flinch a bit but he is a tough SOB...he usually stands in and delivers the throws even in the face of a rush...or moves just enough to avoid it. He isn't MVP Brady usually against a stout rush but he doesn't shrink up into his shell like a turtle either. He is fighter....we've seen that the last few weeks.

I agree a combo of the last 3 weeks is what you need to beat them....typically you need some luck like a bad fumble or mistake turning into easy points (Denver/Eagles)....but you need consistant pressure like the Giants and Broncos delivered....don't give him time to get the ball downfield to Gronk...take away the quick throws underneath....but mostly you need injuries...if he has his cast of all-stars around him (Gronk, Edelman, Amendola) it makes those other guys like Lafell and Chandler etc have a much easier go of it. I'm honestly surprised they haven't run the ball...maybe AM or one their fans can tell us what is wrong with the running game. Denver and the Eagles and Ny....I don't know why they couldn't have run the ball against them and take some pressure off Tom but they must not have much faith in the OL. The Texans will have no better shot to beat them..at home...beat up..gotta get them while they are punch drunk because like I said earlier...when they get healthy again....watch out!

On December 8, 2015 at 8:58 PM, Jules said:

I knew this would be controversial lol.

Out of the frying pan into the fire baby...Timid people bore me...

On December 8, 2015 at 8:58 PM, Jules said:

Okay "I"........sorry........

What are you apologizing for Jules. Never be afraid to be a trail blazer, a visionary, or a lovable pain in the caboose. LOL! 

On December 8, 2015 at 8:56 AM, BrentMc11 said:

Bill is just the gift that keeps on giving....:)

Wouldn't it be fascinating to see Bill as a motivational speaker? Or better yet a stand up comic? Just joking!

On December 8, 2015 at 1:56 PM, amfootball said:

It is immaterial IF the Colts win out. If not, a Texans victory will have won the division.

I get the hate to a point but really this borders on insanity. I can't tell you how much I loathe the Jets but if they were playing a team that affected the Pats chances the way this game does for the Colts, I would vote the Jets without a second thought. I always want the least path of resistance for MY team especially if it means getting into the playoffs or going home.

Exactly AMF, sometimes the ends justifies the means especially if it puts your team closer to glory. I ain't too proud to beg man. 

21 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

haha hey man that's all I can do is hope. Of course, now that I've expressed optimism Brady is probably gonna make a third-string guy a household name against our D...par for the course lol. I do have faith in my guys though. They've impressed me with the way they've stepped up compared to earlier this season. 

You should QB because your club has gone thru a rough 1st half of the season only to look like a legitimate defensive threat now. 

12 hours ago, amfootball said:

You can never have enough rings dgam! haha

Preach AMF! SuperBowls are like Oreo cookies. You can't just stop with 1 ring man. The day Championships don't matter is the day any elite QB needs to retire & apathetic fans need to find another recreational activity. 

2 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

You've got it FE. You guys can still win without Gronk, but not without Edelman. When NE lost him, I knew Foxboro was in deep, deep trouble. Patriots will bounce back & flourish once "Mr. Death By A Thousand Paper Cuts" returns to the field. 

What I find funny over this over my dead body will I ever root for NE rhetoric is this: 

--Why do so many people act like hoping that NE beats Houston borders on selling your kidney on the black market, having your bank account frozen by the IRS, & being coerced to sleep with your mother at gunpoint? 

Okay, I can comprehend some jealousy & envy over NE's SB successes or the "alleged" questionable antics surrounding Spy Gate or DeFlate Gate sure, but shouldn't we worry about cleaning up our shortcomings in our own NFL backyard 1st & stop the crazy gimmicks like "that other team that no one inside LOS that no one will mention by name?" Yes, I know that fans don't cater to that gimmick only guys in the locker room. 

When the Colts lose games, that's on us not the refs, not the opponent, but usually poor coverage, sloppy execution, or a lack of concentration. Or a coach who doesn't adapt on the fly fast enough. 

My venom for the Cowboys is rooted in tradition yes, but mostly I detest overblown hype & prolonged incompetence that gets revered when Dallas has done nothing to warrant the media love they get. It's like rewarding a promiscuous girl with a scholarship not due to her GPA but because she makes so many people smile. 

5 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

Pro Football Focus @PFF

Tom Brady's average time to throw: 

2.13 with Julian Edelman healthy (Fastest in NFL) 

2.65 without (8th slowest)

9:59 AM - 7 Dec 2015

That is a crazy stat! That is how long Luck has been holding on to the ball basically. Those times don't seem like a huge difference but they are.

12 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Out of the frying pan into the fire baby...Timid people bore me...

What are you apologizing for Jules. Never be afraid to be a trail blazer, a visionary, or a lovable pain in the caboose. LOL! 

Wouldn't it be fascinating to see Bill as a motivational speaker? Or better yet a stand up comic? Just joking!

Exactly AMF, sometimes the ends justifies the means especially if it puts your team closer to glory. I ain't too proud to beg man. 

You should QB because your club has gone thru a rough 1st half of the season only to look like a legitimate defensive threat now. 

Preach AMF! SuperBowls are like Oreo cookies. You can't just stop with 1 ring man. The day Championships don't matter is the day any elite QB needs to retire & apathetic fans need to find another recreational activity. 

You've got it FE. You guys can still win without Gronk, but not without Edelman. When NE lost him, I knew Foxboro was in deep, deep trouble. Patriots will bounce back & flourish once "Mr. Death By A Thousand Paper Cuts" returns to the field. 

A motivational speaker?  He would look like this guy.....

pinocchio-motivational-speaker-o.gif

So after reading these posts and seeing the majority of opinions, the prevailing thought is 'Nothing any other team does matters, we don't need help, we just have to win out so I'm rooting for Houston'. So let me ask this:

IF the Colts lose on Sunday, do you still root for the Texans on Sunday night? 

17 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

So after reading these posts and seeing the majority of opinions, the prevailing thought is 'Nothing any other team does matters, we don't need help, we just have to win out so I'm rooting for Houston'. So let me ask this:

I must admit D13 that your question is a valid one & right on point. 

If most Colts fans are being honest, we would gladly accept a victory from NE this weekend particularly since our division is still up for grabs. Anybody that dislikes NE must bury the proverbial hatchet now in the interest of our team's collective good. 

I respect the Patriots tenure of success as you know D13, but even if I didn't, I would be crazy to deny aid from an ACF rival on Sunday. All I care about is getting closer to the division crown whatever it takes. 

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2015 at 3:04 PM, Superman said:

The Colts are in control of their own destiny. It's Week 14 and we're 6-6. If the Colts can't finish strong against this light schedule, and the Texans can, then they deserve it more than we do. We should take care of our own business. This game doesn't even have that much bearing on the Colts standing, whether they beat the Jags or ot. It's not like this is Week 17 and the outcome of this game decides the Colts future.

And it's not insanity. Every few months this topic pops up, ad it's become n excuse to tell fans that they are misapplying their fandom, either because they're too stupid to know what's best for them, or because they hate the Patriots more than they should. I'm very much over it, especially coming from Pats fans. 

A few days ago was going to reply to your post and decided not to at the time, now I want to submit a fresh post but my old response to you keeps popping up in the submit reply screen.  Not sure how to delete this in the new forum.  Anyhoot, I will go ahead a make a response which is as much a response to you as a general statement.

Guys, I cannot understand why, given the time and place in the season anyone would be cheering for the Texans.  It does not make sense to me.  Bottom line the Colts cannot catch the Pats for seeding as the Pats have 10 wins, beaten the colts who have 6 looses.  So there is nothing to gain head to head, unless there is some weird situation that 3/4 division winning teams end up 10-6 which is think I highly unlikely.

With that said and the present situation of the tiebreakers, if Houston looses to the Pats but then beats the Colts and the other two games, the Texans presently are in position to WIN the division.  So the Texans could go 3-1 to end the season and if one of the wins is against the Colts, they are in the present position to win the division.  If they beat the Pats then the Colts, they will effectively have to lose the other to games with the colts winning their three others, not sure what the chances are the Texans will loose to both Tenn and Jax.   As such a win against the Pats basically puts all the marbles on the Colts/Houston game for the division, with 4 games to play not sure why a fan base would effectively want to put all their eggs in one basket for the division and playoff spot, effectively making their other three games meaningless to their cause.    

As it stands now, and yes they can change, the tiebreakers would be as follows if the Texans loose to the Pats and beat the colts and both win out, they will be 9-7, 5-1 division, 7-5 conference, 7-5 common games which leads us to the strength of victory, schedule and conf., point differential.  Surely the last three can change.   Presently, the strength of victory (win% of opponents you beat) is the same 47 wins, strength of schedule is the same as the 2 extra teams the colts played are combined 17-7 (Den/Pitt) and Houston is 17-7 (Cin/KC).   And if I am understanding the 7th tiebreaker (points differential) the Texans are ahead at -11 to Colts -46.  Surely the last three tiebreakers will change as the season finishes but those tiebreakers are out of your control as the first two have to do with your opponents record which we have no control.

Now if the Texans beat the pats they then will post a 10 win team on their strength of victory and will need a balancing lost to Tenn or Jax, which would net them a +6 or +7 in the strength of victory where presently both teams are tied with 4 games to play and mention in the above scenario.  So that is some extra room for the Texans if they beat the pats.  

Bottom line if the Texans beat both the Pats and Colts they will have a plus 7 win in the highest tiebreaker that would likely come into play (and this assume they have a loss against Jax or Tenn).  As such, the Colts would then have to win the division straight up with a better record.

I remember back in 2002 at about this time in the season and the Pats and Fins where fighting for the division with the Jets basically out of the playoffs and needing like 15-20 things to go right in the last three weeks, and got to thinking, well the last game against the fins will decide the division, and as it turned out those things all went the Jets way and they won the division, never again will I ever not worry about a division rival until they are basically mathematically out of it.    There are times when I feel there is enough of a buffer that I will cheer for a division rival, like the jets v. giants this past weekend.  

If the Texans beat the Pats the colts loose a great deal of breathing room in the divisional race.  

6 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

A few days ago was going to reply to your post and decided not to at the time, now I want to submit a fresh post but my old response to you keeps popping up in the submit reply screen.  Not sure how to delete this in the new forum.  Anyhoot, I will go ahead a make a response which is as much a response to you as a general statement.

Guys, I cannot understand why, given the time and place in the season anyone would be cheering for the Texans.  It does not make sense to me.  Bottom line the Colts cannot catch the Pats for seeding as the Pats have 10 wins, beaten the colts who have 6 looses.  So there is nothing to gain head to head, unless there is some weird situation that 3/4 division winning teams end up 10-6 which is think I highly unlikely.

With that said and the present situation of the tiebreakers, if Houston looses to the Pats but then beats the Colts and the other two games, the Texans presently are in position to WIN the division.  So the Texans could go 3-1 to end the season and if one of the wins is against the Colts, they are in the present position to win the division.  If they beat the Pats then the Colts, they will effectively have to lose the other to games with the colts winning their three others, not sure what the chances are the Texans will loose to both Tenn and Jax.   As such a win against the Pats basically puts all the marbles on the Colts/Houston game for the division, with 4 games to play not sure why a fan base would effectively want to put all their eggs in one basket for the division and playoff spot, effectively making their other three games meaningless to their cause.    

As it stands now, and yes they can change, the tiebreakers would be as follows if the Texans loose to the Pats and beat the colts and both win out, they will be 9-7, 5-1 division, 7-5 conference, 7-5 common games which leads us to the strength of victory, schedule and conf., point differential.  Surely the last three can change.   Presently, the strength of victory (win% of opponents you beat) is the same 47 wins, strength of schedule is the same as the 2 extra teams the colts played are combined 17-7 (Den/Pitt) and Houston is 17-7 (Cin/KC).   And if I am understanding the 7th tiebreaker (points differential) the Texans are ahead at -11 to Colts -46.  Surely the last three tiebreakers will change as the season finishes but those tiebreakers are out of your control as the first two have to do with your opponents record which we have no control.

Now if the Texans beat the pats they then will post a 10 win team on their strength of victory and will need a balancing lost to Tenn or Jax, which would net them a +6 or +7 in the strength of victory where presently both teams are tied with 4 games to play and mention in the above scenario.  So that is some extra room for the Texans if they beat the pats.  

Bottom line if the Texans beat both the Pats and Colts they will have a plus 7 win in the highest tiebreaker that would likely come into play (and this assume they have a loss against Jax or Tenn).  As such, the Colts would then have to win the division straight up with a better record.

I remember back in 2002 at about this time in the season and the Pats and Fins where fighting for the division with the Jets basically out of the playoffs and needing like 15-20 things to go right in the last three weeks, and got to thinking, well the last game against the fins will decide the division, and as it turned out those things all went the Jets way and they won the division, never again will I ever not worry about a division rival until they are basically mathematically out of it.    There are times when I feel there is enough of a buffer that I will cheer for a division rival, like the jets v. giants this past weekend.  

If the Texans beat the Pats the colts loose a great deal of breathing room in the divisional race.  

Nice post Yehoodi. You have a way with breaking down numbers that is logical, rational, & easy to follow. I don't concern myself with tie break scenarios, but everything you said is accurate. Clearly, the world is about to end since SW1 complemented a Patriots fan. LOL! Just joking Yehoodi! 

Also, with Matthew Hasselbeck's neck & rib injuries, we'd be dumb to spit in the Patriot's face & display contempt toward them at this stage in the season. 

I'm not sure how to delete a post in this new configuration either because even if you delete text, the box is still there. I will e-mail the staff & find out. 

patriots-35.png  Patriots | Rob Gronkowski practicing    Thu Dec 10, 12:57 PM

New England Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski (knee) returned to practice Thursday, Dec. 10.

Footballguys view: We'll keep an eye on this for you, but assuming he plays we expect Gronkowski to be a TE1 this week. The offense looked lost without him so when he comes back he will see a lot of targets.

Link to story
Rob Gronkowski player page

34 minutes ago, krunk said:

patriots-35.png  Patriots | Rob Gronkowski practicing    Thu Dec 10, 12:57 PM

New England Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski (knee) returned to practice Thursday, Dec. 10.

Footballguys view: We'll keep an eye on this for you, but assuming he plays we expect Gronkowski to be a TE1 this week. The offense looked lost without him so when he comes back he will see a lot of targets.

Link to story
Rob Gronkowski player page

Glad to see Gronk return to action. Like you have said on more than 1 occasion krunk, Gronk is a tremendous blocker as a TE for Blount, White, Bolden, & Lewis when he was healthy.

Jimmy Graham, now in Seattle, would be smart to model his game after Gronk. The guy [Gronk] is just naturally funny too. He's NE's comic genius version of INDY's punter Pat McAfee. JMO. 

Just now, southwest1 said:

Glad to see Gronk return to action. Like you have said on more than 1 occasion krunk, Gronk is a tremendous blocker as a TE for Blount, White, Bolden, & Lewis when he was healthy.

Jimmy Graham, now in Seattle, would be smart to model his game after Gronk. The guy [Gronk] is just naturally funny too. He's NE's comic genius version of INDY's punter Pat McAfee. JMO. 

If he plays this week then I really like the Pats to win.  And yes he's a heck of a blocker which would aid Blount quite well this week if he plays.

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Nice post Yehoodi. You have a way with breaking down numbers that is logical, rational, & easy to follow. I don't concern myself with tie break scenarios, but everything you said is accurate. Clearly, the world is about to end since SW1 complemented a Patriots fan. LOL! Just joking Yehoodi! 

Also, with Matthew Hasselbeck's neck & rib injuries, we'd be dumb to spit in the Patriot's face & display contempt toward them at this stage in the season. 

I'm not sure how to delete a post in this new configuration either because even if you delete text, the box is still there. I will e-mail the staff & find out. 

Thanks, it would be nice to know how to delete a drafted post, perhaps the mods can post a sticky post or something.  Also, thanks for the props SW1

I agree, its too late in the season to have too much bravo regarding one game, the colts/Texans game in Indy.  Surely, the colts will win that game, but if they do not, there is really not enough games left in the season to be cheering for a division rival.  Especially, as it looks now, a team from the AFCS will not get a WC playoff spot. 

I got burnt once in '02 as I mentioned cheering/not worrying about certain games in December cause "that ain't going to happen" and after an exciting win against Miami week 17 I had to watch the Brett Farve and the packers lose to the Jets later that day, who bounce us from the division title.

36 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

Thanks, it would be nice to know how to delete a drafted post, perhaps the mods can post a sticky post or something.  Also, thanks for the props SW1

I agree, its too late in the season to have too much bravo regarding one game, the colts/Texans game in Indy.  Surely, the colts will win that game, but if they do not, there is really not enough games left in the season to be cheering for a division rival.  Especially, as it looks now, a team from the AFCS will not get a WC playoff spot. 

I got burnt once in '02 as I mentioned cheering/not worrying about certain games in December cause "that ain't going to happen" and after an exciting win against Miami week 17 I had to watch the Brett Farve and the packers lose to the Jets later that day, who bounce us from the division title.

I will e-mail Nadine on this site & let you know what she tells me in a response in an e-mail. I will sent you a PM later. If you want, you can click on the browse tab at the top of the page & it will load a page that has a question & answer portion near the bottom of the page that anyone can click on to read solutions to common problems on this site to Nadine or ask her questions on your own. 

Don't feel bad man. If I had to rely on a team that I wasn't fond of to crush the Jets...I wouldn't be overjoyed about it either. I go thru that very thing in the NFC East because I like the Giants & if I needed to have Dallas win a game to bolster Big Blue for a playoff spot, I'd grimace, but I'd still do it. It is tough supporting the enemy though even briefly. So, I get the frustration & anxiety there on a subconscious level among fans. 

I agree INDY should be able to hold down the fort in our conference. Having said that though, I know what a good DC Romo Crenel is too so Houston will be no cake walk to steamroll not with the winning streak they've been on. 

I know it might be sacrilegious to say this, but missing the playoffs can be a good thing too because it forces a fan base not to take anything for granted & sometimes hitting the reset button after a troubling season helps renew focus & kick over every stone in terms of vulnerabilities & how to offset them. 

5 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

Double post.

3 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

^^^

All that is worthless.

If the Colts win out, they win the division. If the Colts lose to Jacksonville and the Texans beat the Pats, the Colts can still win out and win the division. If the Colts can't line up against this favorable schedule and win three of four, then they don't deserve help from any other team.

Separate from that, the reason for rooting against the Patriots has nothing to do with playoff standing.

And you know that, and still decided to post all that trash.

3 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

I think you know well the Colts ain't losing to the Jags or Texans.  Especially the Texans game. Hypothesizing about much of nothing.

38 minutes ago, Superman said:

^^^

All that is worthless.

If the Colts win out, they win the division. If the Colts lose to Jacksonville and the Texans beat the Pats, the Colts can still win out and win the division. If the Colts can't line up against this favorable schedule and win three of four, then they don't deserve help from any other team.

Separate from that, the reason for rooting against the Patriots has nothing to do with playoff standing.

And you know that, and still decided to post all that trash.

Now THAT is telling it like it is! Straight from a Colt's mouth.