Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We are rooting for the Patriots this week

Jules

6 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

I'm hearing no Gronk against the Texans. The Patriots are vulnerable but don't get your hopes up!  :D

Look at this serious smack talk by a Patriots fan...JUST OMG. Whoa......

I am joking btw. lmao I just get a kick at times over NE paranoia. I am rooting AGAINST Houston though absolutely.

patsfans.jpg

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Look at this serious smack talk by a Patriots fan...JUST OMG. Whoa......

I am joking btw. lmao I just get a kick at times over NE paranoia. I am rooting AGAINST Houston though absolutely.

The Pats have had their number. No worries here! haha

I'm also a Steelers and Raiders fan this week.

9 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

The Pats have had their number. No worries here! haha

I'm also a Steelers and Raiders fan this week.

Has Brady ever lost to Houston? I can't recall it ever happening.

Oh no no......no Steelers fan here. I dread those guys.

I think we stand a better chance going 4-0 in our remaining games then beating NE in Gillette. In which case I guess I would rather have the Texans beat NE, Hopefully that will keep NE as the #3 seed and we can take the division as a minimum with the tiebreaker over the Texans.

2 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

I'm hearing no Gronk against the Texans. The Patriots are vulnerable but don't get your hopes up!  :D

haha hey man that's all I can do is hope. Of course, now that I've expressed optimism Brady is probably gonna make a third-string guy a household name against our D...par for the course lol. I do have faith in my guys though. They've impressed me with the way they've stepped up compared to earlier this season. 

No, the answer is that you never root for the Patriots. If they lose again, the AFC seeding race is further shaken up. Which reduces their chances at getting a top seed. Which reduces the amount of playoff games they can possibly play at home. Which increases the chance they need to play a playoff game on the road. Which increases the chances of them losing. And when the Patriots don't make (or lose) the Super Bowl, we don't need to hear about how they're above the Greek Gods all January and offseason long, and when that happens, everyone wins.

Also means better nights of sleep for me. Also means I can go into work and not have to deal with Patriots fans. Also means I don't need to see my Facebook feed loaded with gloating Patriots fans. Also means listening to Boston sports talk radio around here gets more entertaining. Also means I can turn on the local news and not listen for 20 minutes on what Tom Brady's favorite pizza toppings are. Or listen about how he has turkeys on Thanksgiving too. Or that he spends his bye weeks on vacation and him taking a picture of it is the most important thing in the world. Also means I can watch the Super Bowl stress free.

So, the answer is you always root for a Patriots loss. Even if your playoff hopes depend on it. Them not winning another Super Bowl is more important than what every other team is trying to accomplish.

You can also substitute Cowboys, Yankees, and Lakers into that and it will still largely make sense.

Did I miss anything?

13 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

What wild card potential team has a better shot to beat the Pats?

The steelers would be the most formidable foe of all the potential WCs but again the Pats own them. Brady has had some of his best games against them and for whatever reason Tomlin coaches like a dunce on top. They just don't have the defense this year either so assuming both Gronk and Edelman are back the Pats would win rather easily IMO.

13 hours ago, dgambill said:

I may be weird but when the pats get healthy they are going to be about impossible to beat. Since Cincy and Denver have to play each other I would rather NE lose at least one more in hopes they don't get home field advantage. If they end up in the 3 seed we avoid them until the final round if we are lucky to get that far. Also NE has never won the SB without a bye. Honestly I like Houston...got no problem if they beat us out. If they do they deserve the division. Honestly at this point especially after how we've played this year it's hard for me to see us winning 4 games to win it all so I root for us but I also root for teams with my favorite players and Houston has one of those. So I will root for Houston....Brady has enough rings lol....time for someone else to win lol. So if it helps Cincy or Denver Houston or maybe us then I don't care....about the only teams I'm good with NE beating is STL DAL and SEA....toss up with PIT.

You can never have enough rings dgam! haha

12 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Hahaha, I hope the whole vengeance narrative is over now that the Patriots have lost a couple of games. I know Brady is still Brady and he is ready to shut up his doubters this week but the Patriots of course look a bit more vulnerable with Gronkowski out. 

Glad you posted on this thread. What do you see as Houston strengths? I have not watched a lot of their games. I know Hopkins is a beast and of course Watt. Anyone else the Pats should be weary about? I really like the job O'Brien has done this year after a terrible start. Getting rid of Mallett seemed to have change the tide as the team got behind Hoyer who has been playing great the last few games. I think your team is better than its 6-6 record.

7 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

No, the answer is that you never root for the Patriots. If they lose again, the AFC seeding race is further shaken up. Which reduces their chances at getting a top seed. Which reduces the amount of playoff games they can possibly play at home. Which increases the chance they need to play a playoff game on the road. Which increases the chances of them losing. And when the Patriots don't make (or lose) the Super Bowl, we don't need to hear about how they're above the Greek Gods all January and offseason long, and when that happens, everyone wins.

Also means better nights of sleep for me. Also means I can go into work and not have to deal with Patriots fans. Also means I don't need to see my Facebook feed loaded with gloating Patriots fans. Also means listening to Boston sports talk radio around here gets more entertaining. Also means I can turn on the local news and not listen for 20 minutes on what Tom Brady's favorite pizza toppings are. Or listen about how he has turkeys on Thanksgiving too. Or that he spends his bye weeks on vacation and him taking a picture of it is the most important thing in the world. Also means I can watch the Super Bowl stress free.

So, the answer is you always root for a Patriots loss. Even if your playoff hopes depend on it. Them not winning another Super Bowl is more important than what every other team is trying to accomplish.

You can also substitute Cowboys, Yankees, and Lakers into that and it will still largely make sense.

Did I miss anything?

Great stuff. I had to laugh! What are Tom's favorite Pizza toppings?

2 hours ago, amfootball said:

The steelers would be the most formidable foe of all the potential WCs but again the Pats own them. Brady has had some of his best games against them and for whatever reason Tomlin coaches like a dunce on top. They just don't have the defense this year either so assuming both Gronk and Edelman are back the Pats would win rather easily IMO.

You're 3-2 against them out of your last 5 matchups.  How is that "owning them?"  

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

You're 3-2 against them out of your last 5 matchups.  How is that "owning them?"  

What is odd is despite the Steelers and Patriots being 2 Elite teams over the last 10 seasons being 2005-2014, they haven't met once in the Playoffs in those 10 seasons. They did meet in the 2004 AFCCG and the Pats beat them but that was the last time. Colts have only played the Steelers once in the Playoffs too since the 2005 Season. We lost to the Steelers in 2005. It's odd that the Patriots and Colts somehow have avoided playing the Steelers by pure dumb luck over the last 10 Playoffs with the exception of our 2005 game.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is odd is despite the Steelers and Patriots being 2 Elite teams over the last 10 seasons being 2005-2014, they haven't met once in the Playoffs in those 10 seasons. They did meet in the 2004 AFCCG and the Pats beat them but that was the last time. Colts have only played the Steelers once in the Playoffs too since the 2005 Season. We lost to the Steelers in 2005. It's odd that the Patriots and Colts somehow have avoided playing the Steelers by pure dumb luck over the last 10 Playoffs with the exception of our 2005 game.

That is kind of odd.  That's like some weird baseball statistic or something. lol

JJ Watts -how many sacks and tackles...Brady has been getting hit, harassed lately because his front line is make shift so I want to see what Hoody comes up with to stop him. As for the game the Pats win and Brady is out for the season and playoffs with a sprained something or other- best of both worlds.

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

The Steelers are 2-8 vs Brady. They have never beaten him at Gillette (0-3) or have beaten him in the post-season. Brady has gone into Heinz field TWICE for the AFC championship game and won. He has also had some of his best games vs them in his career. In nine games against them (not including this season's game), he has completed 68.1 percent of his attempts, thrown for 2,638 yards and 20 touchdowns and has a passer rating of 109.64. He has been picked off just three times by the Steelers in 323 career attempts, though not once since a victory in 2005, five meetings ago.

The last time they played prior to this season was in 2013 in the regular-season - none were as lopsided or embarrassing or historic as that game — a 55-31 loss that set a franchise record for most points and most yards (610) allowed in Pitt's 82-year history.

The Pats owns Pitt much the way Pitt owns the Colts. It is what it is. But my anxiety factor should the Pats play them is not high to say the least. That being said, I am not sure Pitt even makes it as they have a brutal schedule with both Cincy and Denver while both KC and the Jets have easier paths and even the Texans for that matter.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Steelers have failed to make the playoffs some of those years or lost in the first round. The Steelers have not won a playoff game since 2010.

2 minutes ago, bababooey said:

The Steelers are basically a better version of the Giants.

Yes. Excellent comparison. Ben is not as much as a turd as Eli year in and year out in the regular season, he just gets injured a lot and Tomlin does actually try to coach when Pitt plays teams other than the Pats.

3 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Yes. Excellent comparison. Ben is not as much as a turd as Eli year in and year out in the regular season, he just gets injured a lot and Tomlin does actually try to coach when Pitt plays teams other than the Pats.

I was at Giants/Jets this past weekend in the endzone that Marshall caught the last minute TD pass. "Nail in the Coughlin" soooo many little kids crying after the game I felt bad lol

3 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I was at Giants/Jets this past weekend in the endzone that Marshall caught the last minute TD pass. "Nail in the Coughlin" soooo many little kids crying after the game I felt bad lol

I cant believe how many games the Giants continue to blow. They are 5-7 and could easily be 10-2 but they cant close. It's almost comical.

3 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I am sure it was brutal. The Giants have found all sorts of ways to lose in heart breaking, dumb founding fashion. I hate the Jets but I was happy to see them beat the Giants like that. I know how heated the rivalry is between the NY teams.

Just now, amfootball said:

I am sure it was brutal. The Giants have found all sorts of ways to lose in heart breaking, dumb founding fashion. I hate the Jets but I was happy to see them beat the Giants like that. I know how heated the rivalry is between the NY teams.

I was also at the christmas eve game in 2011 too where Cruz's 99 yard TD started the superbowl run. Funny thing is both those games have been won by the "away" team but there were way more Jets fans at the Giants game because old Giants fans sell their tickets to the game and it will pay for 2-3 more games. It definitely is heated, they hate each other more than anyone else.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I cant believe how many games the Giants continue to blow. They are 5-7 and could easily be 10-2 but they cant close. It's almost comical.

I read that if the games ended 75 seconds earlier they would be 10-2. Eli again throws an incomplete pass instead of taking a sack towards the end. Nicks gets stopped at the half yard line and Odell tells the kicking team to get off the field, they go for it on 4th and it's blown up. Coughlin's fault for letting him dictate that.

17 hours ago, dgambill said:

I may be weird but when the pats get healthy they are going to be about impossible to beat. Since Cincy and Denver have to play each other I would rather NE lose at least one more in hopes they don't get home field advantage. If they end up in the 3 seed we avoid them until the final round if we are lucky to get that far. Also NE has never won the SB without a bye. Honestly I like Houston...got no problem if they beat us out. If they do they deserve the division. Honestly at this point especially after how we've played this year it's hard for me to see us winning 4 games to win it all so I root for us but I also root for teams with my favorite players and Houston has one of those. So I will root for Houston....Brady has enough rings lol....time for someone else to win lol. So if it helps Cincy or Denver Houston or maybe us then I don't care....about the only teams I'm good with NE beating is STL DAL and SEA....toss up with PIT.

Well said, dgambill. Except, the second half of your last sentence. I'm not good with New England beating anyone in the Playoffs. Don't care who they are. 

:)

48 minutes ago, amfootball said:

The Steelers are 2-8 vs Brady. They have never beaten him at Gillette (0-3) or have beaten him in the post-season. Brady has gone into Heinz field TWICE for the AFC championship game and won. He has also had some of his best games vs them in his career. In nine games against them (not including this season's game), he has completed 68.1 percent of his attempts, thrown for 2,638 yards and 20 touchdowns and has a passer rating of 109.64. He has been picked off just three times by the Steelers in 323 career attempts, though not once since a victory in 2005, five meetings ago.

The last time they played prior to this season was in 2013 in the regular-season - none were as lopsided or embarrassing or historic as that game — a 55-31 loss that set a franchise record for most points and most yards (610) allowed in Pitt's 82-year history.

The Pats owns Pitt much the way Pitt owns the Colts. It is what it is. But my anxiety factor should the Pats play them is not high to say the least. That being said, I am not sure Pitt even makes it as they have a brutal schedule with both Cincy and Denver while both KC and the Jets have easier paths and even the Texans for that matter.

Guess if they play again we'll find out.  

1 hour ago, amfootball said:

am, the anxiety factor for you and the rest of Patriot fans are your games on the road in the Playoffs. New England is much more vulnerable to a loss when away from Gillette. To me, another loss puts you guys behind the 8 ball a little bit. Cincy & Denver can put a lot of pressure on the Pats if this happens. I know the Bengals & Broncos play, and could vault you guys to #2 if you continue to win. The Jets are the biggest problem the Pats face. Could get very interesting if you guys lose that one.

28 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

am, the anxiety factor for you and the rest of Patriot fans are your games on the road in the Playoffs. New England is much more vulnerable to a loss when away from Gillette. To me, another loss puts you guys behind the 8 ball a little bit. Cincy & Denver can put a lot of pressure on the Pats if this happens. I know the Bengals & Broncos play, and could vault you guys to #2 if you continue to win. The Jets are the biggest problem the Pats face. Could get very interesting if you guys lose that one.

I agree. It is going to be a tough road like it was last year. I just hope we get our guys back and can make a push. A bye is ideal but we have to win out IMO to get it unless the wheels come off with either Cincy or Denver which I don't see happening even though both have some tough games left.

5 hours ago, amfootball said:

Glad you posted on this thread. What do you see as Houston strengths? I have not watched a lot of their games. I know Hopkins is a beast and of course Watt. Anyone else the Pats should be weary about? I really like the job O'Brien has done this year after a terrible start. Getting rid of Mallett seemed to have change the tide as the team got behind Hoyer who has been playing great the last few games. I think your team is better than its 6-6 record.

Yeah Nuk and Watt don't even have to be named. Hoyer has shown that he is worthy of the contract we gave him, though he isn't Brady or Rodgers by any stretch of the imagination. Key players to look out for would be Whitney Mercilus and the rookie Kevin Johnson at CB. Johnson has his rookie moments but the guy has shown a nose for the ball and great tackling ability so far. J.D. Clowney has also shown the burst we have been hoping to see since he was drafted. I know I read that Belichick plans on putting more than one blocker on Watt, so it'll be up to Clowney, Mercilus and Covington to show their worth against the Patriots o-line. 

The Texans run game has been severely lacking with Arian gone, but our wideouts have stepped up for Hoyer. The TEs have finally been getting some touches the past few weeks too. I think it's going to be a good game, Brady in a chess match against his former DC Romeo Crennel.

1 hour ago, QwizBoy said:

Yeah Nuk and Watt don't even have to be named. Hoyer has shown that he is worthy of the contract we gave him, though he isn't Brady or Rodgers by any stretch of the imagination. Key players to look out for would be Whitney Mercilus and the rookie Kevin Johnson at CB. Johnson has his rookie moments but the guy has shown a nose for the ball and great tackling ability so far. J.D. Clowney has also shown the burst we have been hoping to see since he was drafted. I know I read that Belichick plans on putting more than one blocker on Watt, so it'll be up to Clowney, Mercilus and Covington to show their worth against the Patriots o-line. 

The Texans run game has been severely lacking with Arian gone, but our wideouts have stepped up for Hoyer. The TEs have finally been getting some touches the past few weeks too. I think it's going to be a good game, Brady in a chess match against his former DC Romeo Crennel.

Thanks that is helpful for players to look out for as I watch the game. We are hoping to get Hightower back for this game which would team him  back up with Collins. They are the best LB duo in football but have not been on the field together in a month. I am also anxious to see how Butler matches up with Hopkins. I have to think Brady tests your secondary but I would also like to see us try to get the run game going. How are the Texans vs the run? Is Wilfork plugging the middle?

43 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Thanks that is helpful for players to look out for as I watch the game. We are hoping to get Hightower back for this game which would team him  back up with Collins. They are the best LB duo in football but have not been on the field together in a month. I am also anxious to see how Butler matches up with Hopkins. I have to think Brady tests your secondary but I would also like to see us try to get the run game going. How are the Texans vs the run? Is Wilfork plugging the middle?

Hopkins can make any DB have a bad day. He won't be stopped but he can be limited, and that will be key for the Patriots on D. Houston isn't great against the run, but we are ranked third in pass defense, seventh in overall defense. Wilfork hasn't impressed me in his time here. I'm thinking more about what Covington can do at nose with Watt and Clowney in the game. 

2 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Hopkins can make any DB have a bad day. He won't be stopped but he can be limited, and that will be key for the Patriots on D. Houston isn't great against the run, but we are ranked third in pass defense, seventh in overall defense. Wilfork hasn't impressed me in his time here. I'm thinking more about what Covington can do at nose with Watt and Clowney in the game. 

I know you're sitting there laughing in your head. You know Hopkins is going to skin Butler up!  I kind of figured Hop would struggle against Gilmore last week, but he's going to eat Butler alive if they single him up.  I'm sure Bellichick is going to have the triple team in effect.

7 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I don't think the Pats Oline is all that sound due to all the injuries. Clowney and Watt may make some noise back there a time or two on Brady.  Of course you know where I stand on you guys winning but it's going to be good game.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

I know you're sitting there laughing in your head. You know Hopkins is going to skin Butler up!  I kind of figured Hop would struggle against Gilmore last week, but he's going to eat Butler alive if they single him up.  I'm sure Bellichick is going to have the triple team in effect.

Shhhhh ;) I don't want to jinx anything lol. I do expect Patricia to at least double team him and take chances with other guys being open. It doesn't matter, though, because Hoyer likes to force feed Hopkins the ball anyway, which can be good and bad. I'm hoping Shorts and Washington can take advantage and make plays with so much attention being directed at Hopkins. 

4 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Shhhhh ;) I don't want to jinx anything lol. I do expect Patricia to at least double team him and take chances with other guys being open. It doesn't matter, though, because Hoyer likes to force feed Hopkins the ball anyway, which can be good and bad. I'm hoping Shorts and Washington can take advantage and make plays with so much attention being directed at Hopkins. 

Honestly I think they'd get a little more out of the passing game if they did more to get Strong involved in the game.  I like his skill set, speed and size but for some reason Obrien wants to stick with Washington who I think is average at best.

8 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I like where Obrien is going with some of the pieces he's bringing together on the O though.  Hoyer is allowing you guys to stay competitive, which will give you time to groom a nice little rookie behind him.  Add in a running game next year, upgrade the other receivers some and it's looking pretty good.