Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We are rooting for the Patriots this week

Jules

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

I was thinking that the final game vs. the Titans would be nice if it didn't mean much.......

I still want to play full throttle as long as possible but the final week would be nice to have if anyone is hurting that bad and needs a break for even just a half.

With the way our O.Line has been if we can clinch at 8-6 with 2 games left, I would rest Andrew for the most part. I would play him for probably a QTR or Half to keep him sharp in the last 2 games but that would be huge to have those options. Heck with having to win in the last game to clinch anything with the injuries we have had.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Superman said:

The Colts are in control of their own destiny. It's Week 14 and we're 6-6. If the Colts can't finish strong against this light schedule, and the Texans can, then they deserve it more than we do. We should take care of our own business. This game doesn't even have that much bearing on the Colts standing, whether they beat the Jags or not. It's not like this is Week 17 and the outcome of this game decides the Colts future.

And it's not insanity. Every few months this topic pops up, and it's become an excuse to tell fans that they are misapplying their fandom, either because they're too stupid to know what's best for them, or because they hate the Patriots more than they should. I'm very much over it, especially coming from Pats fans. 

I don't see the two as mutually exclusive - wanting the Colts to finish strong but also having a division rival lose to provide an easier path to the division title. But that is just me.

In terms of your second graph. I was not aware that this was an ongoing issue here as I am rarely over on the Colts side so I didn't realize the topic was opening old wounds so to speak. I think it is an interesting topic and one fun to discuss but people are free to express their fandom however they want.

36 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

And thats on you for being a petty enough fan to want an opposing team to control your destiny. 

Petty? Come on now. The only way a team truly controls its own destiny is if it goes 16-0 otherwise you are relying on other teams to lose more than you to win your division, get HFA, a WC.

6 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

Derka derka derka derka derka derka derka!

Derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka. Derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka. Derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derka derkaderka derka derka derka derka derka.

Derka derka derka derka derka derka derka...derka derka derka DERKA DERKA DERKA.  Derka derka derka derka derka derka derkaderka derka derka derka derka derkaderka derka derka derka derka derkaderka derka derka derka derka DERKA???  Derka derka derka derka derka derkaderka derka derka derka derka derka? 

There, I fixed it for you

29 minutes ago, Jules said:

Injuries this year have been huge though. This may be one year I am on the Tony Dungy page of hoping a few can get some rest but I doubt this team even rests much.

I would not mind though if there was that outside shot of Luck being able to go easy in the final game so nobody lacerates his internal organs again. Assuming he does come back on the Irsay time table of week 15.

Luck needs to play. If seeding is locked up in Week 17, he should still play for a half at least. He's missed half the season, and has a new coordinator. Dorsett will be back. His offensive line needs to get resettled. The team is having trouble breaking the huddle right now. There's no room for rest right now, least of all for the QB.

And again, if we win the next three weeks, we're locked in anyways, no matter what Houston does. We'll be 9-6, Houston will be 8-7 at best, and we'll have the tie breaker. Just take care of business, and maybe we can take it easy in Week 17.

14 minutes ago, amfootball said:

I don't see the two as mutually exclusive - wanting the Colts to finish strong but also having a division rival lose to provide an easier path to the division title. But that is just me.

In terms of your second graph. I was not aware that this was an ongoing issue here as I am rarely over on the Colts side so I didn't realize the topic was opening old wounds so to speak. I think it is an interesting topic and one fun to discuss but people are free to express their fandom however they want.

How about this? I expect the Colts to win out, so it doesn't matter what Houston does. Problem solved.

And this rooting interest topic is usually in General, not on the Colts side. It typically looks exactly like this thread does. 

I enjoy it when the cheaters lose almost as much as I enjoy Colt wins.  I'm rooting for the Texans, and I think that Watt and the boys will win this one.  But, if not, gaining a game (I'm assuming a little here, I know) on the Texans is a pretty good consolation prize.  It's almost a no-lose situation for me...

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

How about this? I expect the Colts to win out, so it doesn't matter what Houston does. Problem solved.

And this rooting interest topic is usually in General, not on the Colts side. It typically looks exactly like this thread does. 

Fair enough. You can root however you want with whatever expectation you want.

I must have missed the other threads here on the General side but I have not been here as much lately so it could be that too.

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

But, if not, gaining a game (I'm assuming a little here, I know) on the Texans is a pretty good consolation prize.  It's almost a no-lose situation for me...

Yeah, after the fact, I have no problem with saying 'well at least that makes it easier to win the division.' It's not what I'll be rooting for, though.

26 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah, after the fact, I have no problem with saying 'well at least that makes it easier to win the division.' It's not what I'll be rooting for, though.

Especially considering that it may affect seeding.  I'd rather go *-for-tat with the Texans and hope the Patriots remain a 3 seed and lose on their way to the AFCCG.  If I'm rooting for anything at all outside a Colts win, i'ts that the Pats see the Steelers in the WC round.

10 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Especially considering that it may affect seeding.  I'd rather go *-for-tat with the Texans and hope the Patriots remain a 3 seed and lose on their way to the AFCCG.  If I'm rooting for anything at all outside a Colts win, i'ts that the Pats see the Steelers in the WC round.

Yeah this is an interesting topic and situation. I think we win either way. I would love for us to clinch by the 20th but if the Pats lose that is always great.

29 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I would love to see the Steelers at any point in the playoffs. The pats have historically owned them.

I may be weird but when the pats get healthy they are going to be about impossible to beat. Since Cincy and Denver have to play each other I would rather NE lose at least one more in hopes they don't get home field advantage. If they end up in the 3 seed we avoid them until the final round if we are lucky to get that far. Also NE has never won the SB without a bye. Honestly I like Houston...got no problem if they beat us out. If they do they deserve the division. Honestly at this point especially after how we've played this year it's hard for me to see us winning 4 games to win it all so I root for us but I also root for teams with my favorite players and Houston has one of those. So I will root for Houston....Brady has enough rings lol....time for someone else to win lol. So if it helps Cincy or Denver Houston or maybe us then I don't care....about the only teams I'm good with NE beating is STL DAL and SEA....toss up with PIT.

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

What wild card potential team has a better shot to beat the Pats?

The Chiefs have a good shot of beating the Pats.  They have the D to slow down that O even if they have all their players back and they have an O that makes very few mistakes.

28 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I may be weird but when the pats get healthy they are going to be about impossible to beat. Since Cincy and Denver have to play each other I would rather NE lose at least one more in hopes they don't get home field advantage. If they end up in the 3 seed we avoid them until the final round if we are lucky to get that far. Also NE has never won the SB without a bye. Honestly I like Houston...got no problem if they beat us out. If they do they deserve the division. Honestly at this point especially after how we've played this year it's hard for me to see us winning 4 games to win it all so I root for us but I also root for teams with my favorite players and Houston has one of those. So I will root for Houston....Brady has enough rings lol....time for someone else to win lol. So if it helps Cincy or Denver Houston or maybe us then I don't care....about the only teams I'm good with NE beating is STL DAL and SEA....toss up with PIT.

I was not expecting this ^^^. Lol.

I too am rooting hard for Houston. Two teams I can never root for: The Cowboys and the Pats. 

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I was not expecting this ^^^. Lol.

I too am rooting hard for Houston. Two teams I can never root for: The Cowboys and the Pats. 

Generally I don't root "against" teams...just root for teams I like more or teams with players I like a lot. There are some teams like Cowboys because of Jerry and teams like STL who has fisher (who when I met didn't come off well with me) and hires Williams and stands up for a brand of football I just can't support so yeah there are a few teams like that. NE isn't really one of them...I respect their success too much...but I'm mostly just tired of the story line and want to see some new fresh faces in the SB...so if teams can beat them and make it as hard as possible then that's fine with me. 

1 hour ago, QwizBoy said:

I think the Texans can pull off another upset in primetime. Seeing the Patriots lose the past two weeks gives me more faith than I had at first. 

Don't you kinda feel losing the last few weeks actually increases the Patriots odds of winning again? 

Do you feel at all that Brady might just burst all over your defense Sunday night with anger to show the world he still has "it"?

Can't we all feel the burning desire within Brady to just WIN WIN WIN. 

Okay I am getting carried away here......*exits*.......

Finally home and able to post..  My phone was wacky today, and everytime I tried to quote someone it pulled up 4 or 5 posts and I couldn't exit out or delete  ugh :P .

So, let me see if I can now remember what I was trying to post.

First,  I don't see this thread having a change of tenor (as someone suggested) after our game on Sunday, no matter what our outcome.

Second, Why is it so hard for some to comprehend that the score of the Pats/Texans game will in NO WAY affect our chances to win our Division.  The Way we WIN our Division is to Win the games against those teams in OUR Division.  Whether or not someone else wins or loses to them has no bearing....

Third A LOSS by the Patriots  is Never a Bad thing for a Colts Fan.  

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Don't you kinda feel losing the last few weeks actually increases the Patriots odds of winning again? 

Do you feel at all that Brady might just burst all over your defense Sunday night with anger to show the world he still has "it"?

Nah.....  I think Father time has caught up with him   haha  :hide:

9 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Nah.....  I think Father time has caught up with him   haha  :hide:

Well i definately don't agree with that but he may be losing his MVP chances in my mind. I mean he still has more offensive talent than Cam has had all year and Carolina just keeps winning. Let's be honest Gronk is basically a co-MVP for that offense the way he dictates defenses to scheme to slow him...then discount Edelman who is a pro bowl caliber wr and Deion Lewis was every bit an explosive weapon and Tom was loaded....now that it's just him it's clear while he is still a great player he isn't just carrying that whole team. Injuries show how important on both sides that teammates mean. NE had the best TEAM in football for about 9 weeks and if they win it all it will be because the team gets healthy again around him. No man is an island to himself...not even tom Brady. Still impressive he is he can't win it on his own or do what Cam does in Carolina. That's clear. He just needs to tread water until help arrives and he can definately make that happen.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well i definately don't agree with that but he may be losing his MVP chances in my mind. I mean he still has more offensive talent than Cam has had all year and Carolina just keeps winning. Let's be honest Gronk is basically a co-MVP for that offense the way he dictates defenses to scheme to slow him...then discount Edelman who is a pro bowl caliber wr and Deion Lewis was every bit an explosive weapon and Tom was loaded....now that it's just him it's clear while he is still a great player he isn't just carrying that whole team. Injuries show how important on both sides that teammates mean. NE had the best TEAM in football for about 9 weeks and if they win it all it will be because the team gets healthy again around him. No man is an island to himself...not even tom Brady. Still impressive he is he can't win it on his own or do what Cam does in Carolina. That's clear. He just needs to tread water until help arrives and he can definately make that happen.

So you thought I was serious? :scratch:

Just now, Gramz said:

So you thought I was serious? :scratch:

No I was just using the opportunity to state my opinion of his drop in play and the teams is directly related to his losing some stars on his offense when a guy like Cam who has way less talent on offense has stepped up his game. Probably not the right place for it...sorry lol.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No I was just using the opportunity to state my opinion of his drop in play and the teams is directly related to his losing some stars on his offense when a guy like Cam who has way less talent on offense has stepped up his game. Probably not the right place for it...sorry lol.

btw... and for the record,  I do agree that Gronk is the MVP of the Pats.

28 minutes ago, Jules said:

Hahaha, I hope the whole vengeance narrative is over now that the Patriots have lost a couple of games. I know Brady is still Brady and he is ready to shut up his doubters this week but the Patriots of course look a bit more vulnerable with Gronkowski out. 

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Did you put in your vote for MVP through 13 weeks? It is good to see another person give Cam some credit for his team's success. He should be MVP if the season ended today.

8 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Hahaha, I hope the whole vengeance narrative is over now that the Patriots have lost a couple of games. I know Brady is still Brady and he is ready to shut up his doubters this week but the Patriots of course look a bit more vulnerable with Gronkowski out. 

Will be interesting to see, Gronk is out again I assume and the Pats well....they are going to have to just simply adjust here on offense. 

I am sort of expecting this to be a lower scoring slug feast at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

btw... and for the record,  I do agree that Gronk is the MVP of the Pats.

I'd say co-MVP because tom is still the trigger man but no doubt gronk opens up the field for that whole offense and he is a HUGE target red zone and everywhere...he is unstoppable without devoting your whole defense to game plan to stop him and that means one on ones for everyone else and makes reads and check downs so easy for tom. I don't ever want to hear that tom has had no weapons...he has had a great coach and HOF guys on that defense and then he has had welker Randy gronk and now Edelman....those are some great players. Gronk is in a class of his own and we saw what Randy could do when he was in his prime...he has had weapons...now without them he is really handicapped because his OL and defense isn't where it needs to be to win it all...but I reckon come January they will have that offense back humming again. But yes I knew you weren't serious...but he is getting older and he isn't helped without someone to make plays for him...he struggles to make them with lesser talent in an offense designed the way it is.

16 minutes ago, Bogie said:

All this Patriot hate when they have to play a division rival of yours, makes me wonder if a lot of you wouldn't mind if the Colts still played in the AFC East, so they could play NE twice a year again. lmao

Those were some rough years...playing Marino, Kelly, and later Bledsoe twice a year with the secondaries we had was rough to say the least. The south will get tougher..mariota looks to be a good one..bortles does too...and we all know Houston is a qb away from a really great team so our division is on the rise like yours.. Cam and Winston look legit and Atlanta needs some help there for Ryan on that OL but they could turn it around and well you guys probably have to address qb to rebuild but the youth leaders in both these divisions look promising.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Did you put in your vote for MVP through 13 weeks? It is good to see another person give Cam some credit for his team's success. He should be MVP if the season ended today.

Cam is definitely at the top of my list right now. I wouldn't say that he has less talent on his offense than Brady, because their skill guys are starting to come to life. Funchess is suddenly playing well. And the Pats suddenly have no one. Amendola is barely average, Chandler is decent as a TE2, and the rest of those guys are terrible. But that's about what the Panthers had early this season.

Once Gronk comes back, it will get better. And if Edelman comes back, it's business as usual. But pending that, they basically have no one at the skill positions.