Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We are rooting for the Patriots this week

Jules

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Jules said:

Yes it is true. Pats beating Houston is what we want.

So for this week I wish the Patriots great health and great luck on both sides of the ball!!!!

Of course. Rooting for the Texans(the only team standing in the way of a division title) to win is the same as rooting for us to lose,

26 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Of course. Rooting for the Texans(the only team standing in the way of a division title) to win is the same as rooting for us to lose,

No it isn't.    We don't need the Texans to lose this game for us to win the division

3 hours ago, amfootball said:

So if Houston wins the division and the Colts are out of the post-season, you will be rooting for the Texans to win the Super Bowl?

Not really, but it wouldn't necessarily bother me. I don't dislike the Texans, or anyone else in our division. 

3 minutes ago, amfootball said:

I would imagine the tenor of this thread will change come 8:30 Sunday if the Colts lose to the Jags beforehand. Just a hunch ...

Still won't matter.   Even if we lose Sunday,   as long as we beat the rest on the schedule we still win the division

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Losing to the Jags won't make people hate the Patriots less.

I know that. But at some point wanting your own team to succeed has to come into the picture but then again there was a poster that said he would rather see the Pats not win the SB than the Colts win one so maybe not.

Just now, amfootball said:

I know that. But at some point wanting your own team to succeed has to come into the picture but then again there was a poster that said he would rather see the Pats not win the SB than the Colts win one so maybe not.

As jvan said, the Colts aren't relying on the Patriots to beat the Texans, so it's immaterial.

Just now, Superman said:

As jvan said, the Colts aren't relying on the Patriots to beat the Texans, so it's immaterial.

It is immaterial IF the Colts win out. If not, a Texans victory will have won the division.

I get the hate to a point but really this borders on insanity. I can't tell you how much I loathe the Jets but if they were playing a team that affected the Pats chances the way this game does for the Colts, I would vote the Jets without a second thought. I always want the least path of resistance for MY team especially if it means getting into the playoffs or going home.

4 minutes ago, LuckIsAwesome said:

I root for a meteor to hit the stadium.

Ok, not really but I'm not rooting for the patriots ever. 

That is a really horrible thing to say.  Imagine the loss of innocent lives.  You should be rooting for the meteor to hit the Patriots' practice field. :thmup:

1 minute ago, amfootball said:

It is immaterial IF the Colts win out. If not, a Texans victory will have won the division.

I get the hate to a point but really this borders on insanity. I can't tell you how much I loathe the Jets but if they were playing a team that affected the Pats chances the way this game does for the Colts, I would vote the Jets without a second thought. I always want the least path of resistance for MY team especially if it means getting into the playoffs or going home.

The Colts are in control of their own destiny. It's Week 14 and we're 6-6. If the Colts can't finish strong against this light schedule, and the Texans can, then they deserve it more than we do. We should take care of our own business. This game doesn't even have that much bearing on the Colts standing, whether they beat the Jags or not. It's not like this is Week 17 and the outcome of this game decides the Colts future.

And it's not insanity. Every few months this topic pops up, and it's become an excuse to tell fans that they are misapplying their fandom, either because they're too stupid to know what's best for them, or because they hate the Patriots more than they should. I'm very much over it, especially coming from Pats fans. 

1 minute ago, Superman said:

The Colts are in control of their own destiny. It's Week 14 and we're 6-6. If the Colts can't finish strong against this light schedule, and the Texans can, then they deserve it more than we do. We should take care of our own business. This game doesn't even have that much bearing on the Colts standing, whether they beat the Jags or not. It's not like this is Week 17 and the outcome of this game decides the Colts future.

And it's not insanity. Every few months this topic pops up, and it's become an excuse to tell fans that they are misapplying their fandom, either because they're too stupid to know what's best for them, or because they hate the Patriots more than they should. I'm very much over it, especially coming from Pats fans. 

Yeah but if the Texans lose Sunday and we win then beat the Texans we win the Division with the ability to rest everyone and can enjoy the last 2 weeks of the season. I cant stand the Pats but if they win it benefits us.

I often feel more hate towards our division rivals. I want them to lose every game. Many seem to take pride in this "Is the AFC South good?" thing. But, I want the Texans to lose out even if we win out.

The Texans also annoy me....big time. They are such wannabees. 

16 minutes ago, Superman said:

Or closet Patriots fans too??? :)

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah but if the Texans lose Sunday and we win then beat the Texans we win the Division with the ability to rest everyone and can enjoy the last 2 weeks of the season. I cant stand the Pats but if they win it benefits us.

We don't need to enjoy the last two weeks of the season. We need Luck to come back and get on the same page with his teammates and his new coordinator. The Colts need to take care of business, plain and simple, otherwise none of it matters.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

We don't need to enjoy the last two weeks of the season. We need Luck to come back and get on the same page with his teammates and his new coordinator. The Colts need to take care of business, plain and simple, otherwise none of it matters.

I need it for my stomach and heart haha, sick of eating of bottle of Tums every week (being nervous) and walking away from the TV on 3rd and 11 thinking the other team will get 12. LOL

37 minutes ago, amfootball said:

And thats on you for being a petty enough fan to want an opposing team to control your destiny. 

10 minutes ago, Jules said:

I often feel more hate towards our division rivals. I want them to lose every game. Many seem to take pride in this "Is the AFC South good?" thing. But, I want the Texans to lose out even if we win out.

The Texans also annoy me....big time. They are such wannabees. 

That's a different topic entirely. The Texans don't bother me in the least. I kind of enjoyed seeing them flounder early this season because of all the Hard Knocks noise, but overall, I have nothing against them. They have a couple annoying fans... ;) I don't get how they could be anything other than wannabees. They're still really new.

I really don't hate other teams. Up until January, I didn't even hate the Patriots. I didn't like them, and actively rooted against them, but it wasn't hate. After Deflategate and Brady's stance on that and the showing here from a lot of their fans, there's definitely some animosity. 

My fandom of the Colts and my dislike of the Patriots are separate issues. Yes, they're influenced by one another, but the rooting interests are different. Yeah, the Patriots winning technically helps the Colts, but there's still the matter of me wanting them to lose every week. And since the Colts don't actually need the Patriots to win, I'm not compelled to root for them to win.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I need it for my stomach and heart haha, sick of eating of bottle of Tums every week (being nervous) and walking away from the TV on 3rd and 11 thinking the other team will get 12. LOL

That's another story. The last thing this team needs is to take their foot off the pedal for any reason. Get ready for a dramatic four weeks.

There is also the outside shot of having the division locked up by the final week and allowing some our bruised players (we have many) to take it easy in the final week at home vs. the Titans.

There is really not much else to say, the pure logic of Houston losing far out gains the emotional aspect of hating on the Patriots.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

That's another story. The last thing this team needs is to take their foot off the pedal for any reason. Get ready for a dramatic four weeks.

Yeah that is how it usually is LOL, I was being sarcastic with the Tums comment and stomach/Heart stuff but it's tough watching this team. I am in good shape but I want to be able to relax for a change.

23 minutes ago, Superman said:

Injuries this year have been huge though. This may be one year I am on the Tony Dungy page of hoping a few can get some rest but I doubt this team even rests much.

I would not mind though if there was that outside shot of Luck being able to go easy in the final game so nobody lacerates his internal organs again. Assuming he does come back on the Irsay time table of week 15.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Injuries this year have been huge though. This may be one year I am on the Tony Dungy page of hoping a few can get some rest but I doubt this team even rests much.

I would not mind though if there was that outside shot of Luck being able to go easy in the final game so nobody lacerates his internal organs again. Assuming he does come back on the Irsay time table of week 15.

That is what I have been trying to say. We can clinch by Game 14 and rest everyone if the Texans lose to the Pats, we beat the Jags, then beat the Texans.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is what I have been trying to say. We can clinch by Game 14 and rest everyone if the Texans lose to the Pats, we beat the Jags, then beat the Texans.

I was thinking that the final game vs. the Titans would be nice if it didn't mean much.......

I still want to play full throttle as long as possible but the final week would be nice to have if anyone is hurting that bad and needs a break for even just a half.