Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

patriots at cowboys thread

shakedownstreet

Looks like we're gonna have our hands full. No reson to panic if we lose tho. Win the division, get healthy(hopefully), and try to get lucky.

It looks like Bill's new thing is plaing matchup games with the OL and alot of picks to open ehort quick plays. Just 3 plays in a row, only 1 calked.

If the D steps up(really steps up), we tind some sort of pass rush besides Mathis (blitz?) we play smart offense, no penalties or turnovers, , and crazy crowd noise, we might gave a chance. Thats not asking that much. I just hope it doesnt get ugly.... And it very well could.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Refs needs to start calling those obvious pick plays and watch for eldemans pushoffs.

Like heck, thats all they do.

Its amazing how pick plays are almost never called. Every team in the league probably runs one or two a game and its never called. That said its not a big deal to me, just an observation.

The Pats are notorious for running them though no doubt. Especially in the red zone.

Yes, I heard Edelman say the defense they practiced against all week was not what Dallas threw at them today and they had to adjust..most noticeable in the 2nd half.

Brady said the same thing. He said what they studied on film is not what they saw at all from Dallas. Kudos to Dallas' coaching staff as that is not easy to do given how Bill not only studies the current season but also previous seasons. I do think getting Hardy and McClain back helped their defense tremendously. Still, it was great hanging 30 on them with an electric second half. Did you hear Jerry's post-game comments? I have not found them yet.

Overall, it's Brady with 335 attempts without a pick

Yes, I know that but I don't believe he did that to start the season. He already holds the record for most attempts without a pick to begin a career and the 335 is the best all time for number of attempts without a pick so I was wondering if he has a shot at most to start a season.

ARLINGTON, Texas – You look at Tom Brady, and you have to wonder how different the narrative could have been. If, say, he started this season like Andrew Luck, dragging a 65.1 quarterback rating into October like an anchor. Or if Brady's mistakes and inefficiency had mirrored Luck's noxious cocktail: seven interceptions and a 56 percent completion rate. Slap those numbers under Brady's name, and they'd be used as pitchforks and torches.

Maybe his detractors would say the proof was on the field, that the New England Patriots' star had been exposed as a guy profiteering from deceit. Maybe they would go further, suggesting that meticulously regulated footballs had finally ended Brady's reign. Maybe they would try to burn his entire Hall of Fame career to the ground.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tom-brady-makes-mockery-of-deflate-gate-claims--this-time-with-his-on-field-brilliance-032756207.html

ARLINGTON, Texas – You look at Tom Brady, and you have to wonder how different the narrative could have been. If, say, he started this season like Andrew Luck, dragging a 65.1 quarterback rating into October like an anchor. Or if Brady's mistakes and inefficiency had mirrored Luck's noxious cocktail: seven interceptions and a 56 percent completion rate. Slap those numbers under Brady's name, and they'd be used as pitchforks and torches.

Maybe his detractors would say the proof was on the field, that the New England Patriots' star had been exposed as a guy profiteering from deceit. Maybe they would go further, suggesting that meticulously regulated footballs had finally ended Brady's reign. Maybe they would try to burn his entire Hall of Fame career to the ground.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tom-brady-makes-mockery-of-deflate-gate-claims--this-time-with-his-on-field-brilliance-032756207.html

Thanks for posting. That was a great read. My favorite paragraph was this one:

Four games into Brady's season and playing some of the best football of his career, he has definitively minimized the mythology of football inflation. It's a footnote, a single teaspoon of sand inside an NFL dust storm. And it doesn't mean a thing to Tom Brady's game.

I had said for months that DG would be a footnote to his career but did not expect him with his stellar to play to make it a footnote this soon. :)   Amazing to think at 38 with all that he has been through the last eight months, that he is the front runner for MVP. :thmup:

I guess ill be the first one on this thread to say that IMHO the Pats were not very impressive today. this is a game of inches and when your offense cant even get inches it will make the opposing offense and defense look better than they are. the patriots first 3 games they looked immortal. there offense was unstoppable they were completely in sync and on time their line did great in pass protection. not so much in all those categories today however there defense did a lot better especially against the run than prior games how much of that can be contributed to the cowboys inability to sustain drives?/ im not sure but I can say that it definitely was a factor. I think its about the time the patriots come back down to earth not saying were going to beat them but I have a feeling we will be competitive this game and play a lot better this game than in the recent past JMO

I actually don't disagree entirely with this. It's a bit simplistic to laugh off the notion that Dallas' D made the Pats O struggle by pointing to the score, but I think it's fair to say that the 30 points is actually pretty underwhelming given the great field possession the Pats had all first half and the number of 3 and outs the Pats D generated. That said, I don't think we're looking at a "blueprint" here by any stretch. Dallas has some exceptional defensive talent, particularly with Hardy back. I don't think too many other teams are going to be able to drop so many players back in coverage and generate as much pressure on Brady as Dallas did. And I would also expect that now that the Pats have seen it, they'll figure out a way to attack it. They pretty much figured it out in the 2nd half when they started running successfully against it. The game is all about adjustments.

Yeah because coming here to take shots at Luck is a smart idea.

Yeah because coming here to take shots at Luck is a smart idea.

I think it was unnecessary for the author to use Luck to underscore his point. That's not really an apples to apples comparison. But his point stands nonetheless. This forum over the winter/spring/summer was proof that the world was watching to see how Brady looked with "properly inflated" balls, ready to pounce if his performance dipped even slightly. The fact that he's excelled since that game is further proof that this was a non-story. I am more convinced than ever before that there was no scheme in place to deflate footballs. Why would there be, given that it clearly has zero impact? That's what "homer" Pats fans were saying all along...now the national media is coming around as well. The NFL really does need to quietly drop their appeal and walk away before they embarrass themselves any further.

I think it was unnecessary for the author to use Luck to underscore his point. That's not really an apples to apples comparison. But his point stands nonetheless. This forum over the winter/spring/summer was proof that the world was watching to see how Brady looked with "properly inflated" balls, ready to pounce if his performance dipped even slightly. The fact that he's excelled since that game is further proof that this was a non-story. I am more convinced than ever before that there was no scheme in place to deflate footballs. Why would there be, given that it clearly has zero impact? That's what "homer" Pats fans were saying all along...now the national media is coming around as well. The NFL really does need to quietly drop their appeal and walk away before they embarrass themselves any further.

Point made but let's not digress back into that issue hey? Understand you're commenting on the posted article but we don't need another discussion on the issues.

Please and thank you. 

Would of been a totally different game if Romo and Dez played.  Pats defense would have schemed totally different and they wouldn't have been as good against the run because they would have been worried about being burned deep and intermediate.  They basically laughed at Weeden, double teamed witten and shut down Williams and Beasley who are just complimentary players.  You know the confidence was gone when you see guys like Beasley and Williams dropping the football.  They are normally pretty sure handed. Also it's clear the Cowboys have made some miscalculations with the runners they have chosen this year.  Mcfadden is just washed up and Randle is not better than Murray.  I liked the burst Christine Michael had on his one run but those fools never ran him again.  He may need to end up being their main back when it's all said and done. Just run Michael and Randle and release Mcfadden because he's trash. 

Say what u want about Hardy but he was dominant out there.  Wish the rest of his team mates rose to the occasion like he did. He did exactly what he said he was going to do and that is put Brady on his back.

Yep. He was a beast. Disruptive all day to the Pats line and got his shots at Brady.

What annoys me most about the pats is the amount of success they get out of the totally unknowns on that team. Belichek must be a hypnotist. Who the heck are those receivers?! Gronk by the way looks like The Hulk. Sad to know he is going to remain with that team for a long, long time. I am not looking forward to the game with the Pats. Only the packers can beat them for the trophy..

Enough about the picks. I'm pretty sure we just beat the Texans using a pretty big pick. If Teams were smart then they'd watch the pats offense and emulate it.

I did enjoy the symmentary of the last SB that was decided by the Seahawks attempting a pick play against the Pats who countered it with a big bodied CB jamming the picking WR at the LOS preventing him from getting across in time to "accidentally" run into Butler.

That's about all I did enjoy about it mind you :P

Enough about the picks. I'm pretty sure we just beat the Texans using a pretty big pick. If Teams were smart then they'd watch the pats offense and emulate it.

It would take a rare bird to emulate the effort/skill/talent of Brady, Edelman and the uncoverable GRONK. Gronk is by far and wide the bestTE to ever play and there is zero debate on that. I'm including comparisons to guys like Tony Gonzalez who is a distant #2. It sounds crazy, but Gronk really is that great.

I mean, sure, you can emulate the scheme but not the execution those 3 bring to the table with their combined effort. Or the adjustments their coaching staff makes when things are sour.

Four games into Brady's season and playing some of the best football of his career, he has definitively minimized the mythology of football inflation. It's a footnote, a single teaspoon of sand inside an NFL dust storm. And it doesn't mean a thing to Tom Brady's game.

I had said for months that DG would be a footnote to his career but did not expect him with his stellar to play to make it a footnote this soon. :) Amazing to think at 38 with all that he has been through the last eight months, that he is the front runner for MVP. :thmup:

A footnote? You can tell this was written in Boston.

Well, at least a footnote until the next "gate" scandal anyway.

We shouldn't have to wait long if history is any reflection.

This "story" is gonna have 100 pages of "footnotes".

haha

It would take a rare bird to emulate the effort/skill/talent of Brady, Edelman and the uncoverable GRONK. Gronk is by far and wide the bestTE to ever play and there is zero debate on that. I'm including comparisons to guys like Tony Gonzalez who is a distant #2. It sounds crazy, but Gronk really is that great.

I mean, sure, you can emulate the scheme but not the execution those 3 bring to the table with their combined effort. Or the adjustments their coaching staff makes when things are sour.

111>46

111>46

Longevity is important, but I'm talking about what a guy does while he's on the football field. At his best, Gronk is better than any TE ever has been. And he's been that way for several years.

That being said, Gronk still likely has a lot of years ahead to further cement his case. Not that he even needs it based on his insane level of play over the last half decade or so.

Longevity is important, but I'm talking about what a guy does while he's on the football field. At his best, Gronk is better than any TE ever has been. And he's been that way for several years.

That being said, Gronk still likely has a lot of years ahead to further cement his case. Not that he even needs it based on his insane level of play over the last half decade or so.

He has a long way to go to be mentioned with all time greats

I had said for months that DG would be a footnote to his career but did not expect him with his stellar to play to make it a footnote this soon. :)   Amazing to think at 38 with all that he has been through the last eight months, that he is the front runner for MVP. :thmup:

Yeah , that's a real intelligent read . Glad you thought it was well written. Luck's first 3 games of 2015 really have a lot to do with the deflation issue. That article was written by a * . 

Troll

Yeah , that's a real intelligent read . Glad you thought it was well written. Luck's first 3 games of 2015 really have a lot to do with the deflation issue. That article was written by a * . 

The Luck comparison was silly. I was more commenting on how quickly Brady made DG a footnote with his play this year so far. Given he was supposed to be suspended the first four games, he is the front runner for MVP at age 38.

The Luck comparison was silly. I was more commenting on how quickly Brady made DG a footnote with his play this year so far. Given he was supposed to be suspended the first four games, he is the front runner for MVP at age 38.

K. And yeah he's still a stud at 38

A footnote to pats fans

Actually most fans (outside of Indy, Baltimore and NY) seem to think it was blown out of proportion and just silly. ( I wish I could find that SNL skit where "Brady" sits and discusses the isue. It was hilarious)

That said only people still left think it was a big deal are the teams fans who well can't beat NE. ( and Baltimore with there thugs should just shut up!)

Actually most fans (outside of Indy, Baltimore and NY) seem to think it was blown out of proportion and just silly. ( I wish I could find that SNL skit where "Brady" sits and discusses the isue. It was hilarious)

That said only people still left think it was a big deal are the teams fans who well can't beat NE. ( and Baltimore with there thugs should just shut up!)

2902159-7006885829-54145.jpg

But let's not go down the DG road again please... it's been beaten to death more than the TRich just needs an O-Line thing.