Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jags gave us the game

BProland85

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get some of the fans here, and believe me I am critical at times as well. Some of the people on this board expect a well oiled machine even with a backup QB and a gimped secondary. It was not a pretty win, but what were you guys expecting with Hasselbeck replacing Luck? If you guys were expecting a huge win then you guys were wrong from the beginning, YES EVEN against Jacksonville. I am beginning to believe that certain posters won't be satisfied whatever the outcome is.

Now this I'm gonna have to disagree with for the most part. For most of the game, if it was first down you knew we were running. 

They tried and tried and tried to establish the run, and it just wasn't happening. I get why they did that. 

And I didn't say the play calling was great, just more understandable. LOL. The quick stuff was a lot more prominent, and they showed that the Indianapolis Colts actually know how to run a screen play.

You said there is an equal chance of getting a good player at the end than at the beginning. Again, this is not true. You know how much overall talent drops off exponentially in the draft right?

You are gonna be the greatest GM in the history of the NFL. I have no doubt. 

I don't get some of the fans here, and believe me I am critical at times as well. Some of the people on this board expect a well oiled machine even with a backup QB and a gimped secondary. It was not a pretty win, but what were you guys expecting with Hasselbeck replacing Luck? If you guys were expecting a huge win then you guys were wrong from the beginning, YES EVEN against Jacksonville. I am beginning to believe that certain posters won't be satisfied whatever the outcome is.

Unless the outcome is everyone gets fired and we get a top five draft pick.

And while I understand why those two things are desirable, I don't understand openly rooting against your team, especially this early in the season.

Unless the outcome is everyone gets fired and we get a top five draft pick.

And while I understand why those two things are desirable, I don't understand openly rooting against your team, especially this early in the season.

Exactly, I expect a certain level of criticism at times as it is warranted, but it is beginning to be ridiculous.

what really scares me is our offense looked the best it had all year, minus the 4th quarter of the titans game, and we still managed only 16 points, I was never one to say Luck is overhyped but reality is he is not superhuman which is the category a lot of fans seem to put him in, he is vulnerable to injury and mental fatigue just like any other athlete, Luck will bounce back but Matt played the best quarterback we have had all season thus far hands down

They tried and tried and tried to establish the run, and it just wasn't happening. I get why they did that. 

And I didn't say the play calling was great, just more understandable. LOL. The quick stuff was a lot more prominent, and they showed that the Indianapolis Colts actually know how to run a screen play.

They did adapt a lot more than they have previously. But I can't shake the feeling that if Luck had played, they wouldn't have adapted so much.

I understand establishing the run, but I'd have rather seen us throw it on first and try to set up 2nd/3rd and shorts to help establish it then. Pep was just automatically calling run plays on first for the longest time to set up 2nd/3rd and long. He just does so many mind-numbingly confusing things. Things he should have picked up on and abandoned long before now. 

Some fans would complain about something if we won the super bowl 50-0 with Luck throwing 6 touchdowns for 500 yards.

I'm so glad we escaped with the win. I'm wondering where all these short plays came from. They need to use them with Luck to open up the intermediate and deep routes. We're expected to get Toler back for the Houston game so hopefully we continue to build off these wins.

You said there is an equal chance of getting a good player at the end than at the beginning. Again, this is not true. You know how much overall talent drops off exponentially in the draft right?

An by 'overall talent' I assume you're speaking of the potential to become a special player, correct?

Otherwise, you're not really arguing anything here, correct?

Elite talent, and elite potential, don't always equate to elite player in the NFL.

Now, I'd guess the closer you get to the #1 overall pick, the better your chances are of drafting a HOF player, but I'd also have to guess the top 10 doesn't guarantee the HOF.

How many Heisman winners make the HOF?

Whats the average draft position of HOF players?

what really scares me is our offense looked the best it had all year, minus the 4th quarter of the titans game, and we still managed only 16 points, I was never one to say Luck is overhyped but reality is he is not superhuman which is the category a lot of fans seem to put him in, he is vulnerable to injury and mental fatigue just like any other athlete, Luck will bounce back but Matt played the best quarterback we have had all season thus far hands down

It's the difference in playing a safe controlled game and playing hero ball no matter what the score is. I hope Luck was taking notes. If he can mix how he plays with how Hasselbeck plays, we can be putting up a lot more points.

It's the difference in playing a safe controlled game and playing hero ball no matter what the score is. I hope Luck was taking notes. If he can mix how he plays with how Hasselbeck plays, we can be putting up a lot more points.

This is how Luck played most of the preseason. And in the playoffs last year. I don't know why he went away from it to start the season.

An by 'overall talent' I assume you're speaking of the potential to become a special player, correct?

Elite talent, and elite potential, don't always equate to elite player in the NFL.

Now, I'd guess the closer you get to the #1 overall pick, the better your chances are of drafting a HOF player, but I'd also have to guess the top 10 doesn't guarantee the HOF.

Don't try logic. It doesn't work. 

I should have said average talent rather than overall talent since there are always special players found later in drafts. However, saying a late 20s pick has equal value to a top 5 pick is, in fact, incorrect.

I should have said average talent rather than overall talent since there are always special players found later in drafts. However, saying a late 20s pick has equal value to a top 5 pick is, in fact, incorrect.

If we're talking equal trade value, I'll agree with you. 

However, once the pick is made, and people really play the games, all that goes out the window.

A win is a Win. Yes we got lucky and luck is part of any game.

We may get pummeled by better teams or we may not.

Football not have more than one game at time and never a series.

So if we played the Pats in a 7 game we would sure lose the series.

But it's a 60 minute winner take all. So until the games are played stop dumping your team into a loss in a future game.

Warm weathered fans can leave this forum any time and let it be sooner than later

Continue to attack me while I continue to call you out for being wrong.

I'll just leave this here:

Passing Yardage Leaders

Tom Brady - Rd 6

Ryan Tannehill - Rd 1-17

Joe Flacco - Rd 1-5

Matt Ryan - Rd 1-3

Ryan Fitzpatrick - Rd 7

Rushing Yardage Leaders

Chris Ivory - UDFA

Adrian Peterson Rd 1-7

Matt Forte - Rd 2-44

Justin Forsett - Rd 7-233

Carlos Hyde - Rd 2-57

Recieving Yardage Leaders

Antonio Brown - Rd 6-195

Julio Jones - Rd 1-6

Brandon Marshall - Rd 4-119

Steve Smith - Rd 3-64

AJ Green - Rd 1-4

Tackle Leaders

Rashad Jones - Rd 5-163

Paul Posluzny - Rd 2-34

Daryl Smith - Rd 2-39

Sean Lee - Rd 2-55

Alec Ogletree - Rd 1-30

Sack Leaders

Jacquies Smith - UDFA

Jamie Collins - Rd 2-52

Aaron Donald - Rd 1-13

Stephon Tuitt - Rd 2-46

Demarcus Ware - Rd 1-11

Interceptions

Preston Brown - Rd 3-73

Ronald Darby - Rd 2-50

Duron Harmon - Rd 3-91

Dwight Lowery - Rd 4-113

Tyrann Mathieu - Rd 3-69

These are the current league leaders in these categories, and the positions in which they were drafted. 

7 of these 30 were drafted in the first half of the first round. 

But you work in numbers so I'm sure you knew that...

It's incredibly ridiculous to be talking about tanking in Week 4 when you're 2-2 and just won a game without your starting QB.

I love it.. I used to think it was funny when fans of other teams would hear I'm a Colts fan and start telling me how pathetic our fan base is and other negative things like that. I literally thought they were just haters, but it is so true... I Love the colts win or lose, and they upset me and drive me crazy, but that's the beauty of it all, to me. It makes me laugh seeing these fans flip flop hour to hour, who have no heart, character or whatever else. I just can't imagine how some posters act when something really goes wrong within their life, if this is how they act/react over a football game. Pathetic

I'll just leave this here:

Passing Yardage Leaders

Tom Brady - Rd 6

Ryan Tannehill - Rd 1-17

Joe Flacco - Rd 1-5

Matt Ryan - Rd 1-3

Ryan Fitzpatrick - Rd 7

Rushing Yardage Leaders

Chris Ivory - UDFA

Adrian Peterson Rd 1-7

Matt Forte - Rd 2-44

Justin Forsett - Rd 7-233

Carlos Hyde - Rd 2-57

Recieving Yardage Leaders

Antonio Brown - Rd 6-195

Julio Jones - Rd 1-6

Brandon Marshall - Rd 4-119

Steve Smith - Rd 3-64

AJ Green - Rd 1-4

Tackle Leaders

Rashad Jones - Rd 5-163

Paul Posluzny - Rd 2-34

Daryl Smith - Rd 2-39

Sean Lee - Rd 2-55

Alec Ogletree - Rd 1-30

Sack Leaders

Jacquies Smith - UDFA

Jamie Collins - Rd 2-52

Aaron Donald - Rd 1-13

Stephon Tuitt - Rd 2-46

Demarcus Ware - Rd 1-11

Interceptions

Preston Brown - Rd 3-73

Ronald Darby - Rd 2-50

Duron Harmon - Rd 3-91

Dwight Lowery - Rd 4-113

Tyrann Mathieu - Rd 3-69

These are the current league leaders in these categories, and the positions in which they were drafted.

7 of these 30 were drafted in the first half of the first round.

But you work in numbers so I'm sure you knew that...

I know that if given the opportunity to draft a player early or late in a round, anyone would choose early 100% of the time as the more talented players are still available.