Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rebuild The Colts With Lucks Megga Millions Contract-Possible?

King Colt

If or when the Colts mortgage the farm for Luck's next years predicted mega salary "and" possibly a change head coach or GM change for 2016 how in the world can they rebuild in to a SB team that would have to be like this year, "Win It Now"? Something stinks and it could mismanagement going back more than one year.

We should be fine cap wise. It keeps going up year after year. It'll probably go up another 8 million for next year. I mean I don't know, but you wouldn't think it'd be too hard to fill some holes after we pay Luck. The Cap's went up what? 15 million in the last 3 years?

We should be fine cap wise. It keeps going up year after year. It'll probably go up another 8 million for next year. I mean I don't know, but you wouldn't think it'd be too hard to fill some holes after we pay Luck. The Cap's went up what? 15 million in the last 3 years?

Yeah, cap won't be an issue. Drafting the right guys to address holes is the issue.

We don't need to rebuild.

QFT

The Colts have restocked an entire roster in four years, with 30 draft picks. Only 12 of those draft picks have been in the top 120. No question the roster needs some upgrades here and there, but there's no need for a rebuild.

If or when the Colts mortgage the farm for Luck's next years predicted mega salary "and" possibly a change head coach or GM change for 2016 how in the world can they rebuild in to a SB team that would have to be like this year, "Win It Now"? Something stinks and it could mismanagement going back more than one year.

honestly, we need 3 things:

1: A much better O Line... thats obvious, and can be done, but it is hard and needs time, not sure FA is the way to go, 

2: Luck And/Or Pep/Pags need to get their collective crap together and stop trying for the home run play every single time and just take what the D gives you

3: Start game planning BEFORE the game not during......

Only 1 of which needs cap room to be done

We've won 11 games each season for 3 straight years and are 3-3 in the playoffs,but a "rebuild" of the team is necessary?? Am I missing something here? I'm not trying to be rude, but I certainly don't see the need for a "rebuild".

Exactly. Most of the fans are ready to fire everyone because of the slow start. That seems to be the answer because some don't think past what the results would be. I could understand if Grigson and Pagano haven't made efforts in improving. It always half empty to some instead of half full. Now what you have to be aware of is some that will call you homer because you may not have their opinion. That seems to be the norm in this forum.

We've won 11 games each season for 3 straight years and are 3-3 in the playoffs,but a "rebuild" of the team is necessary?? Am I missing something here? I'm not trying to be rude, but I certainly don't see the need for a "rebuild".

Of course we need a rebuild. I mean, c'mon. We _only_ went to the AFCCG last year. We should've gone and won the Super Bowl every year since 2012.

What the h-e-double t-picks is wrong with this poopy organization, anyway?

Idk about a complete rebuild, but for starters when that deal is signed I would sweep everyone 31+ into a trash can because those are the players likely taking up in-necessary cap space with vet. minimum contracts.

The key after that will be drafting well every year. You won't be able to give every good player an extension after their rookie contract runs up, and you won't be able to get cute in FA and sign Gosder Cherilus type deals. You're going to have to be able to replace some people every couple of years with draft picks since they're cheap options.

A good example is Greenbay. They have a rotating door at WR and won't have to give guys like Cobb or Nelson another contract. Or how Dallas had to move on from Ware and then Murray.

honestly, we need 3 things:

1: A much better O Line... thats obvious, and can be done, but it is hard and needs time, not sure FA is the way to go, 

2: Luck And/Or Pep/Pags need to get their collective crap together and stop trying for the home run play every single time and just take what the D gives you

3: Start game planning BEFORE the game not during......

Only 1 of which needs cap room to be done

I think you have hit the points

I might change the words to "add 2 quality players to OL"

I think we are set at LT, I think we are set with Mewhort (I like him better as a RT) I think if Holmes gets some healthy time to develop, we will be ok there.

On item 2, I think this is part of it.... BUT..... LUCK cant just wing the ball into double (or triple) coverage

Part of our problem IS LUCK! (He has regressed)

On item 3, I agree 100%

The game plan is done by the HC..........    We seem to come out flat almost every game....... We seem to be surprised by the other teams game plan ALWAYS

I was hoping that Chud would assist.........

Hasnt happened

For the other posters.......  A complete rebuild????   Cmon.

We have some very good players

We need

Pass rush - OLB

At least one "better" ILB

One dominating S

2 Guards

Better QB play

Thats 5 players......  not 22.............. more like a "tweak" than a full rebuild