Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sio Moore?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

he was in briefly, I'd give him about two more weeks and I think he'll start getting a bit more time.  I think he is also coming off serious injury from last year, correct?

Yeah, hip injury apparently.  Irving is coming off a serious injury as well.  Grigson seems more than happy on taking a risk on injured players. 

this isn't true at all they are late to the ball carrier they have one splash play a game..and they both suck in coverage

Freeman is one of the best coverage linebackers in the NFL... PFF would actually say he's the best (+10.1 in coverage last year) but it comes at a price (-8.8 against the run). 

And Jackson has actually been very good so far. I don't know why you would disagree. Today may of been a down game but weeks 1 & 2 he kept everything in front of him. He's tallied 24 tackles through 3 games and over 14 stops (2nd highest of all MLBs). Also, he's posted a +2.5 score (through 2 games) which ranks 6th amongst all MLBs.

I think you are stuck in last year where Jackson was slow to react and get over to places. This year he's been much better. Your comment about Freeman and coverage is just simply not true.

Freeman is one of the best coverage linebackers in the NFL... PFF would actually say he's the best (+10.1 in coverage last year) but it comes at a price (-8.8 against the run).

And Jackson has actually been very good so far. I don't know why you would disagree. Today may of been a down game but weeks 1 & 2 he kept everything in front of him. He's tallied 24 tackles through 3 games and over 14 stops (2nd highest of all MLBs). Also, he's posted a +2.5 score (through 2 games) which ranks 6th amongst all MLBs.

I think you are stuck in last year where Jackson was slow to react and get over to places. This year he's been much better. Your comment about Freeman and coverage is just simply not true.

I don't put much say in PFF, I think after week 1 Herremens had a positive PFF grade and we see the team decided to bench him week 3.

Yeah but after week one didn't have have a positive grade?? Just goes to show you that with PFF things can change substantially week by week and probably isn't the greatest metric to measure the ILBs.

No but you can look at all the games played thus far, if the player is receiving all positives week in and week out, you can make the assumption that they are playing pretty decently. I personally haven't looked so I can't say what freeman or DQ and their ratings are.

No but you can look at all the games played thus far, if the player is receiving all positives week in and week out, you can make the assumption that they are playing pretty decently. I personally haven't looked so I can't say what freeman or DQ and their ratings are.

Yeah, they may be getting their tackles but at the same time I'm not sure if PFF factors in coverage liability, mis tackles, over pursuit, ect.

Like for example, could PFF grade some unknown as the highest rated ILB perhaps due to consistency with regards to tackling, when in retrospect he could be the biggest liability on the inside the team has?? I'm not a PFF guru so I don't know precisely what metrics they use to grade a player, but it seems many people think it's an end all, be all rating system for players.

I don't take PFF as gospel, but they definitely look at more than just the stats when grading a player. But, I don't think you can write them off either, when they expanded to college players many NFL teams bought access to their evaluations; though the NFL version includes more stats, metrics, and depth than the public version.

I could care less about pff you can watch the games and see he sucks in coverage he's better than Jackson but he still sucks they both get destroyed over the middle and by backs..

I could care less about pff you can watch the games and see he sucks in coverage he's better than Jackson but he still sucks they both get destroyed over the middle and by backs..

PFF spends hours watching tape closely while singling in on specific players. Not only do I generally trust them, but I agree with what they say about Freeman. He has nice speed and keeps with TE's for the most part. Jackson is atrocious in coverage but Freeman is a bright spot. 

PFF spends hours watching tape closely while singling in on specific players. Not only do I generally trust them, but I agree with what they say about Freeman. He has nice speed and keeps with TE's for the most part. Jackson is atrocious in coverage but Freeman is a bright spot.

You watch him on tv in coverage and You tell me Yourself he's good in coverage?

The starting ILBs struggled against the bills. Since then, they've played much better than what I'd call average.

Both have had some high spots, but they've also had some really bad plays. Freeman can't see a screen developing right in front of him, and Jackson can't cover his own shadow.

franco-in-suit.gif

You must've not been watching when it took him an hour to catch up with the TE that he was supposed to be covering. 

I will say he had a decent day yesterday, but he hasn't been consistent at all.