Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Jags are woeful

LordHelpOurColts

When I saw the 50+ pt score, I had a feeling Garoppolo wouldn't be playing. Sure enough I look on NFL.com and I don't see Garoppolo's name anywhere. Typical Brady, padding his stats. Now this is the part where Pats fans say, "If you can't stop it, too bad. These are professionals, blah blah..."

It's all about the integrity of the game. Pats haven't changed one bit.

Jags are bad for sure but this Pats team is MASSIVE right now. Blount had 3 TDs today. So the run game AND the pass game are firing on all cylinders. Bye week next week and then at Dallas with no Romo. The schedule is setting up very nicely for this team.

can you tell BB to stop annoying fantasy owners by not using lewis all 2nd half

A few things here...first, poo poo on Bortles. The playcalling DOES stink and he's got a case of checkdown-while down. That Pats did let them hang around for a while and it should have been alot closer. That's worse than just getting your tail kicked straight up. That's why the statpadding doesn't bother me. It was looking like an ugly win for a while there.

When I saw the 50+ pt score, I had a feeling Garoppolo wouldn't be playing. Sure enough I look on NFL.com and I don't see Garoppolo's name anywhere. Typical Brady, padding his stats. Now this is the part where Pats fans say, "If you can't stop it, too bad. These are professionals, blah blah..."

Brady in the 4th = 42yds, 0 TD. Oh yeah, quite the stat padding.

The only ones padding stats in the 4th were Blount and White.

Sorry, no matter how much the "Think of the Children" crowd stomps their feet, there is no such thing as running up the score in PROFESSIONAL football.

This is grown men getting paid to play a sport, not little Jimmy's Saturday tee ball game.

Why is it only in football we hear crying about blow outs? I never hear a baseball team get criticized for not bunting every play when it's 15-2 in the 7th.

you're soft

Isn't that what Pats fans refer to as stat padding?

Last weekend's Pats/Bills game should have ended once and for all the preposterous notion that an NFL team is "running up the score". The Patriots were ahead 37-13 with 3 minutes gone in the 4th quarter. Buffalo then scored 3 consecutive td's and made a game out of it. So any team who has the chance to score 50, 60, or even 70 should be doing so. This is pro-football...not Friday Night Lights high school ball.

Brady in the 4th = 42yds, 0 TD. Oh yeah, quite the stat padding.

The only ones padding stats in the 4th were Blount and White.

Sorry, no matter how much the "Think of the Children" crowd stomps their feet, there is no such thing as running up the score in PROFESSIONAL football.

This is grown men getting paid to play a sport, not little Jimmy's Saturday tee ball game.

Why is it only in football we hear crying about blow outs? I never hear a baseball team get criticized for not bunting every play when it's 15-2 in the 7th.

Good point on other sports. There is more blow outs in basketball than there is football, but no one complains about that. 

I can say I certainly miss the days when my beloved Saints had firepower and would "run the score up" on opponents, I enjoyed hearing all the complaints about how "classless" we were in the process of the 40 point blow outs, where the opponents couldn't keep up with them. I didn't have to worry about late game comebacks, as i do now. 

Every team "runs up the score". But it's OK as long as it's someone that people like. It's only problem when it's someone they don't like (Patriots for example) is dropping 40 and 50 points on someone. 

Talk about the Patriots: what about Arizona and Buffalo? All three teams blew out their opponants today. Like the Geico commercial: "you're a pro football team; it's what you do." Things like this happen, it's worse if it's against your team, though. But that's to be expected at times  in the NFL.

Great, it's going to be the year of Pats paranoia threads again. 

Look, just don't worry about them......Colts have a lot to worry about with their own games and division and just focus on what we have coming up next. 

Forget the Pats at times. They are in everyone's heads too much.

Same thing can be said for the Cardinals...Palmer played the whole game.

Great, it's going to be the year of Pats paranoia threads again. 

Look, just don't worry about them......Colts have a lot to worry about with their own games and division and just focus on what we have coming up next. 

Yeah we have our own problems and there is a long way to go. Anything can happen over the next 13 games. Lets just sit back and enjoy. I think the Colts should roll next week as well.

I agree and believe it is a significant psychological advantage for the Pats when they play teams. I think it is more magnified this year than in  previous years because they are the defending the champs and the crazy off-season drama.

Just read that Brady averaged 1.9 seconds from snap to release in that game on 57 attempts.. that's pretty unbelievable... you could have anyone on an offensive line and be successful if your QB is making a decision and getting the ball out accurately in under 2 seconds

We'll need our defensive ends to step up big time in our week 5 matchup.. blitzing doesn't seem to be working against the Pats offense, so we need our DEs need to win matchups

Actually Patriots could have had Brady score 6 TDs.

Jags are terrible and just because you are in a lead doesn't mean you have to go 3 and out and punt.

Yea looking at the breakdown stats, looks like Brady could have put up 2-3 more TDS and a lot more yards but they ran it down at the goal line 4 out of 6 times for touchdowns.. they mostly ran it all 4th quarter, only mixing in a few passes for 42 total yards

I don't think the Pats are stat padding at all, I think they're just that good right now and it's going to take our best effort to beat them

9 offensive possessions, 9 scores.. 6 tds, 3 field goals... they are an angry, well oiled machine.. I hope we can be the team to derail that train on Sunday night football!