Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Positives (merge)

TYtheGHOST

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anderson is the real deal. The guy was making plays all night.

Was also good to see Mathis back. He put some good moves on in his first play back. He also dropped back in coverage and wasn't a liability.

The run D was good tonight. Even Freeman and Jackson turned in solid efforts. The pass D was meh. We were missing our top 3 corners, so that hurt, but the truth simply is that Toler and Butler aren't an improvement to write home about over what we had out there tonight.

But that's about where the good ends....

As bad as another loss feels to me too, I remember 2006...I remember games where we thought there is no way this team can have any shot at a post-season.  Honestly, we faced the two toughest defenses in the NFL these past two weeks (Bills only look bad because the Pat's offense is that good).  I'd put these two teams over the Titans, Pathers, Redskins, and certainly Broncos any day.  Maybe only the Cardinals are close.  

Positives:

1. We have a running game.  Holy snakes!  We have a running game!
  2. We can stop the run!  I never thought I'd say this, but this defensive front seven is really impressing me...and Geathers was all over the field tonight along with Anderson. 
  3. To me Moncrief justified a lot more reps as the #3. This could be critical later in the year. 
  4. Our offensive line showed signs of run blocking and given how good these opposing front seven have been that's saying something.

Negatives:

1. This team is hurting on defense.
  2. Luck is trying too hard.
  3. Coaches need to get the penalties and turn-overs beat outta these guys.
  4. We're trying to do too much on offense.  We need to run more and work on some more shorter routes to push progressive series vs. trying to gain huge chunks of yardage. 

THERE IS NO DAMN HOPE GUYS! NO MATTER IF WE GO 9-7 or 11-5 WE WILL NEVER WIN A DAMN SUPERBOWL WITH THIS CRAP ROSTER! HOLY crud!!

Exactly man damn, we can keep dominating the Afc craphole, but that isn't going to give us a superbowl roster. I'd rather we have a bad record and get a better draft pick tbh.

Kinda funny that our defense is the strongest unit on the field right now. Not even close to an acceptable game. I have been a very positive poster trying to keep the mindset forward, but our offense has some major problems right now. It is always something if our offensive line isn't letting free rushers get after Luck then it is Luck holding on to the ball way too long. It is always one or the other or both. I am not impressed with the playcalling from Pep either. I gave him the benefit of the doubt during the Bills game, but this is two straight games we came out flat and have had no successful adjustments made at halftime. A lot of mistakes from penalties to fumbles to add to the mix as well. We have a long way to go to fix this or we are going to go down with the ship. As far has hope goes, hope is all we got right now at least on the offensive side of the ball.

There is no hope for this season if you're expecting success in the playoffs. Hell, right now we wont even make the playoffs. This team and coaching staff continually CANNOT gameplan against top defenses or quality teams outside of the division.

At this point I look forward to having hopefully a compitent HC, someone who knows how to coach up a team and is smart with gameplanning.

There is no hope for this season if you're expecting success in the playoffs. Hell, right now we wont even make the playoffs. This team and coaching staff continually CANNOT gameplan against top defenses or quality teams outside of the division.

At this point I look forward to having hopefully a compitent HC, someone who knows how to coach up a team and is smart with gameplanning.

We'll make the playoffs. We'll win the division..stay calm

Our defense did look like it was playing very well considering the fact that our starting corners tonight were 4, 5, and 6 on the depth chart.

Frank Gore also looked very good other than his fumble at the goal line.

Anderson is a beast.

Oh and we play the Titans next week.

Playing the Titans doesn't guarantee us a win. It's clear we have issues like no other with the blitz & guess what LeBeau likes to do?????? Not to mention Jurrell Casey will likely be whoopin our guards & C all game.

Yeah it will. That's what's funny about it. As bad as we look we still have a great chance of making the playoffs thanks to our horrible division.

Last I checked we have SB aspirations not AFCS champ aspirations & 9-7 won't get us HFA in January. 12-14 wins will.

The Tennessee game is a statement game.

We already have a host of questions surrounding us. If we don't start answering them with some decent play next week, it doesn't bode well for us.

Yeah if we don't absolutely dominate next week against the Rookie QB led terrible Titans, I'm gonna lose a lot of the hope I have.

Henry. Anderson.  

Moncrief looked good too. 

Thaaaaat'sssss about it.

Oh. Also probably trafiic leaving Indy wasn't too bad either.

Donte needs to start going forward & we have to sit Andre down for Phillip. He just doesn't have it anymore. Also Parry played solid alongside Anderson.

Donte needs to start going forward & we have to sit Andre down for Phillip. He just doesn't have it anymore. Also Parry played solid alongside Anderson.

Andre still has "it" IMO.

He's a big receiver who USUALLY goes after the football.

Dorsett looks unpolished still which should be expected as a rookie.

Moncrief looked really good today. Really tight breaks and cuts on his routes. Doesn't look anything like he did last season.

When's the last time playing Tennessee was an actual statement game for us?

These are dark times, my friend.

Honestly?

I'd say 2008 when Peyton was fresh off the bursa sac in his knee. That was the year we started 3-4 and ended 12-4.

I believe (it's late and I don't care to research it) that we went to Nashville and lost on MNF.

Our defense did look like it was playing very well considering the fact that our starting corners tonight were 4, 5, and 6 on the depth chart.

Frank Gore also looked very good other than his fumble at the goal line.

Anderson is a beast.

Oh and we play the Titans next week.

Indeed the Colts D looked great vs a good O.  Yes, they may have RF but still that is one high powered offense.  Very Raven esque when they won the SB.  The fact that the Colts stopped the run but yet the O still failed miserably astonishes me.  I never thought I would live to see a better DL, then an offense.  

God. You're being so negative and sounding so explainably stupid I don't even want to start.

First, why would you start 2 threads with 1 incentive of content stating ridiculous things if you're not gonna back it up with some sort of proof or even insight or content. Really low level of posting not to mention how pointless and off the statements where, then you start doing the same thing here about how we're going to loose to Tennessee, with absolutely no reasoning whatsoever. None. Why don't you grow up and realize that our problem are very fixable and that Tennessee are a ways a away from even competing with us. They looked bad last week against the Browns and we should pick them apart. 

mariota is a great qb 6 tds and no ints so far. If our secondary is still hurt and we continue to turn over the ball the titans will beat us.

Indeed the Colts D looked great vs a good O. Yes, they may have RF but still that is one high powered offense. Very Raven esque when they won the SB. The fact that the Colts stopped the run but yet the O still failed miserably astonishes me. I never thought I would live to see a better DL, then an offense.

A "good O" don't lie, man.

A "good O" don't lie, man.

The Jets O is much better than the Colts. Don't doubt them, they have Decker, Marshall, a solid OL, Ivory, and a mediocre QB who will play as a game manager. We can see the Jets O is much better than the Colts. There is no doubt about which offense is much more efficient. It doesn't take a genius to see that.