Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tomlin upset over Patriots radio broadcast over headsets

ReMeDy

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, to be a deluded Patriots fan...

Do you ever think all of this 'manufacturing' may not actually be a top-secret, league-wide effort to defame the Patriots. Could it actually be because the Patriots organization is completely unethical and will always looks for ways to bend or break the rules?

As they say, there is no smoke without fire, and Gillette Stadium looks like a convoy of stream trains.

Yeah, dude...I'm sure the Patriots tried to pull something last night with the entire country watching, after they spent the entire offseason claiming their innocence. That would make perfect sense!

The NFL has already made a statement that it was a power issue that was exacerbated by the weather, which was fixed and there was no problem with the headsets.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/09/10/headset-communication-issues-frustrate-steelers-patriots-coaches/1Y0YKE4vV3H3vDLOXXiVdL/story.html

I forgot it only rains in New England.

Yeah, dude...I'm sure the Patriots tried to pull something last night with the entire country watching, after they spent the entire offseason claiming their innocence. That would make perfect sense!

I saw a post on a different website that made me literally lol.  It said something like "Yeah, we're going to do this all year.  After 2 major cheating scandals, how could you blame us?"  I don't know if it was a Pats fan or not, but it didn't matter.  Was a pretty good joke to me.

Seems arrogant enough for the Patriots to attempt, they seem to have gotten away with it after all.

Again though, I am only speculating, just like you.

Exactly right. I cant believe how open he was most of the night. I hate New England and Tom Brady and Bill B. But, Pittsburgh did a poor job of defending and I don't think it had anything to do with the headsets.

Yeah, I was saying this on the other thread. The Steelers really missed Lebeau last night. They did not cover Gronk, were misaligned most of the night and had only 10 guys on the field at another time. They were a hot mess defensively. I am not sure what their game plan was but honestly with no LaFell and no Blount, I could not believe the did not focus on taking away Gronk and Edelman more.

I have to say that I tend to think that this particular incident was probably a technical issue due to the weather.  However the incidents where the headsets go out during key plays that was talked about in the article in the past.  I'm guessing that is true Pat's form along with a whole host of other things.  

I read some where that 17 out of 31 teams take precautions only against the Patriots against the visiting locker room being bugged.  Honestly a team of people should just show up un announced during a game and sweep for bugs in the visitor's locker room.

But I'm guessing even if they found it not much would happen.  Because there probably isn't a freaking written rule saying you can't bug the visitor's locker room.

Why not they get away with it.

Over the course of a dozen years a couple first round picks is a pretty small price to pay to be able to cheat in every single game you play in.

Yeah, I was saying this on the other thread. The Steelers really missed Lebeau last night. They did not cover Gronk, were misaligned most of the night and had only 10 guys on the field at another time. They were a hot mess defensively. I am not sure what their game plan was but honestly with no LaFell and no Blount, I could not believe the did not focus on taking away Gronk and Edelman more.

that 30 yard pass or however long it was to Gronk, it's just like, of all the targets on the field, how does the biggest one, who also happens to be one of the best, if not the best weapons in the NFL, that unguarded.  When he's split out like that, there should be two guys on him at all times.

The Patriots are so in teams heads its comical now.

The Pats had the same problems. Belichick just chose not to use it as an excuse.

Also, the Steelers weren't getting the Patriots coaches in their headsets, they were getting the radio broadcast of the game. If anyone here has ever heard the Pats home radio broadcast they would know it must have been extremely annoying to the Steelers. Scott Zolak is the ultimate homer analyst.

The Patriots are so in teams heads its comical now.

The Pats had the same problems. Belichick just chose not to use it as an excuse.

Also, the Steelers weren't getting the Patriots coaches in their headsets, they were getting the radio broadcast of the game. If anyone here has ever heard the Pats home radio broadcast they would know it must have been extremely annoying to the Steelers. Scott Zolak is the ultimate homer analyst.

Sorry.

All bow and praise be to the New England Patriots! What was I thinking? I'll bend over now, and take 40 lashings.

per rule, if one team's headsets aren't working, the other team must remove their headsets. when the officials approached the patriots to remove their headsets, the steelers headsets cleared up. as the official walked away, the steelers headsets interference returned

I read that too. I wonder if that is the Steelers organization's view.

that 30 yard pass or however long it was to Gronk, it's just like, of all the targets on the field, how does the biggest one, who also happens to be one of the best, if not the best weapons in the NFL, that unguarded.  When he's split out like that, there should be two guys on him at all times.

Not sure if you watched the first three offensive plays from the Pats but they ran the exact same play each time. Lewis or Edelman down the sideline for 10 yards or more each play. It was right then that I thought Pitt is in trouble on D.

Regardless of who provides and supports the headsets, there are ways and means to interrupt radio signals.

Why is it that Tomlin says this always happens at Gillette Stadium?

Why is it that it is always the Patriots caught up in these issues?

It is clear that the Patriots organization has no problem trying to win 'by any means necessary', as they prove time and time again.

Personally I think this radio nonsense is much ado about nothing - just a snafu.  I don't think Pats would be brazen enough to try & circumvent the rules (again) after just coming off Deflategate and in such highly scrutinized game.

But I think your points are spot on as well - the Pats long ago lost the benefit of the doubt.  Really, how is it they are the ones constantly dealing with these suspicions?  Seems to be way too coincidental.

Not sure if you watched the first three offensive plays from the Pats but they ran the exact same play each time. Lewis or Edelman down the sideline for 10 yards or more each play. It was right then that I thought Pitt is in trouble on D.

I noticed the same thing.  That's one of those things where it makes someone look incredibly stupid.  Either you get called an * for going 3 and out or you get called an * because you can't stop a simple play they ran at you 3 straight times.  And you never really expect it either.

Same old same old.

Another tainted victory for the cheaters.

When will they realize that no matter what they do or ever did on the field will ever take away that it means nothing to 90% of the people who are not pat fans.

Nothing!!!

Guys, this is silly...we have officially crossed over into the 'I need to make excuses for how the Patriots could have possibly won' territory.

And please, it obviously means a lot because you guys can't stop talking about it. Anyone who honestly believes that the Patriots effed with the headsets last night needs to get their head checked. It wouldn't make any sense and even the dumbest person in the world wouldn't risk something like that after what they just went through this offseason. 

You all may have had reason to complain before...but unfortunately now it's all just starting to sound like sour grapes.

It is a claim made in an article on Steelers.com.

I still think it's an odd coincidence, for the reasons stated before.  I'm no electrician, but to me, it seems that when you're going to jam or scramble a signal, you're not going to do it so that the other team is hearing your coaches conversations.  Maybe it's not possible to be that precise, I don't know, but I would assume technology has progressed to the point that you could avoid having someone in your headset while screwing theirs up.

I still think it's an odd coincidence, for the reasons stated before.  I'm no electrician, but to me, it seems that when you're going to jam or scramble a signal, you're not going to do it so that the other team is hearing your coaches conversations.  Maybe it's not possible to be that precise, I don't know, but I would assume technology has progressed to the point that you could avoid having someone in your headset while screwing theirs up.

It could be a coincidence, I would need to see more, but it is the Patriots and they do not get nor deserve the benefit of the doubt in public opinion.

per rule, if one team's headsets aren't working, the other team must remove their headsets. when the officials approached the patriots to remove their headsets, the steelers headsets cleared up. as the official walked away, the steelers headsets interference returned

interesting.............

Looking at it from purely a technical aspect, there are parts of this situation that I don't understand.  One would think that all communications would be digital and encrypted (just like your wireless phones, wifi, etc.).  That being the case there could still be issues, and communications could be "jammed", but the only way a stray audio signal could be received or intercepted would be if whoever was transmitting it (not likely the NFL or Steelers) knew what the encryption keys were.  Of course, it could very well be that the NFL isn't using any form of digital/encrypted transmissions - which would be absolutely stupid given how common such technology is (but we are talking about a league that has inflation rules but gives the balls to teams before the game to do whatever they want...).  Also, I can't imagine that whoever provides the headset system wouldn't be using a secure technology.

Tomlin said that it happens in Gillette stadium more than anywhere else.  Sounds like its common knowledge aong those who know.

Goodell said this morning that it is a "stadium infrastructure" issue.

Its easy for the home team to have some inside knowledge as to the workings of the headsets and provide some consistency to the "infrastructure" so that the VISITORS headsets are affected.

This is the Pats/Kraft way of doing business.

AND since Goodell lost in court over the Brady issue, directly accusing the Pats of doing something now...with out evidence.....meaning, he has to have legal proof that it actually happened BEFORE he investigates (How is that possible BTW?), the Pats will whine that they are being picked on.

As those of us who know how integrity actually works, those who don't have it will use the Brady situation as encouragement for new cheating.  The bar of "proof" has now been set very high.

The Pats are a disgrace to the NFL.   The owners should pull an Adam Silver move and force a sale of the team.  How Kraft runs his team is much more deterimental to the league than anything Sterling said in private to impress a bimbo.

Tomlin said, verbatim that he was hearing coach to coach conversations.  Not the WEEI or some other Patriots station.  So unless Tomlin is lying...

I think you are confusing this. What Tomlinson said was it was on the coach to coach channel, what he was hearing was the Patriots radio broadcast of the game.

Guys, this is silly...we have officially crossed over into the 'I need to make excuses for how the Patriots could have possibly won' territory.

And please, it obviously means a lot because you guys can't stop talking about it. Anyone who honestly believes that the Patriots effed with the headsets last night needs to get their head checked. It wouldn't make any sense and even the dumbest person in the world wouldn't risk something like that after what they just went through this offseason. 

You all may have had reason to complain before...but unfortunately now it's all just starting to sound like sour grapes.

You might want to try visiting a pats* forum instead of The Colts forum since this one is so "silly".

I'm positive there are more like minded individuals like yourself on one of those. 

It could be a coincidence, I would need to see more, but it is the Patriots and they do not get nor deserve the benefit of the doubt in public opinion.

No, they don't get the benefit of the doubt, I don't disagree with that.  That's why when I initially heard Tomlin's quote, I was immediately suspect.  But after the NFL's explanation - for whatever that's worth anymore - it did make sense.  What was the radio headset allegations in the past?  I thought it was something like, there was interference and it just had a static sound.  If that's the case, this malfunction didn't fit that description.  They were hearing things the Patriots coaches (according to Tomlin), not static.

Tomlin said, verbatim that he was hearing coach to coach conversations.  Not the WEEI or some other Patriots station.  So unless Tomlin is lying...

No, he said 'verbatim' that they were listening to the Patriots radio broadcast for the majority of the first half. The 'coach to coach' comment was referring to it happening on the coach to coach lines...so the coaches couldn't communicate because they were getting radio interference.

Tell that to Mike Tomlin. I guess he's the "dumbest person in the world".